MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

More of an announcement than chat .... subject: @stuie.

More of an announcement than chat .... subject: @stuie. - Forums [Biker Match] More of an announcement than chat .... subject: @stuie. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

More of an announcement than chat .... subject: @stuie.

I have been waiting for the go ahead to post the following for the past 17 days... Some of you are already aware of what i am about to say, and i would like to say a huge thank you to you guys for your kindness,support and understanding during this time. Both Stu n I want you to know how much we appreciate the fact that you did what was asked n kept this off forum threads until the time was right. You are top mates n we love ya! Anyway... Stu has been in The Royal Brompton Hospital in London for the last 17 days having had major heart surgery. For a considerable amount of time after the surgery he was in ICU heavily sedated and things were looking extremely bleak. However on Tuesday afternoon this week, he was brought out of sedation, unplugged from masses of machines n medications n after only one day was moved into HDU. Since then he has made great progress n has sat out of bed, begun the process of learning how to walk, eat, use his arms and hands, (oh yeah his voice too!) so much so that he has now been moved onto a gen pop ward. The medical care team are astonished by his turn around and things are looking brighter. He will have a very long physical n emotional journey to endure but he is feeling that he will get there. Stu asked me to say that although he hasnt been on bm very long, he feels he has made good mates and everyone he has met/chatted to over the past three months or so have been great people. He misses you all and cant wait to catch up with you all, just as soon as he can operate his laptop or ipad. He is struggling by with his mobile to make calls but is unable to text atm. Also he said if any of you are in the 'area' n fancy dropping in to say hi you would be more than welcome (bring pizza!). Due to the fact he is struggling with technology atm if you do want to call in to see him, let me know n i will give you details of ward etc. Sorry for the length of this post but this is a shortened version of the whole situ. Lol. The upshot of all this is that he will be a long time recovering but he WILL BE BACK! Thanks once more to you guys for protecting his privacy n for propping me up along the way. You are all absolute STARS!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/09/2013 02:58  

Fantastic news Linz I hope Stuie continues to recover at the same astonishing rate You can be sure that your new "family" will be there for you both I'm hoping youll be well enough for Xmas lunch with us Stuie Brightest Blessings

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/09/2013 03:10  

I thought it was something serious with him like man flu not heartburn. Hope to see you about soon stui remember to take your meds. ( Take 2 nurses 3 times a day )

Update Reply
JP @ 07/09/2013 06:10  

Here's to Stuie's speedy recovery, your in our thoughts and prayers mate and to Linz for being strong. God bless you both xx

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 07/09/2013 07:24  

Very best wishes & a very speedy recovery

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 07/09/2013 07:55  

Wishing a speedy recovery. Keep getting better mate.
And linz your a star.
Big xhugsx to ya both.

Update Reply
rustychick @ 07/09/2013 08:01  

seeeee i told you so but you all doom and gloomy burd pmsl but no seriously me and russ send all our love and hugs and we will see him soon am sure and will see you sunday when you speak to him give him big hugs and kisses from me and russ and tell him we were there with you both every step of the way.oh and tell him not to get frustrated recovery takes time and if he dont behave i will slap his legs

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 07/09/2013 08:05  

Yayyyyy does that mean I can take the gag off now??

That's absolutely brilliant news about Stuie! I know it's been a very worrying time for you Linz and Stuie's family, but he's coming out the other side now and he will soon be back on form.

Tell him to hurry up 'cos we're all missing him and his long long long legs

Big hugs to you both

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/09/2013 08:15  

Here's hoping Stuie makes a full and speedy recovery, Keep your chin up GBNP and please pass on my best wishes to the man himself.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2013 09:18  

Very best wishes & a very speedy recovery

Update Reply
myotherworld @ 07/09/2013 09:41  

That's really good news Linz .
I met you both of you at Kareys birthday bash at Squires. It was nice to be able to sit and talk to both of you. You are both lovely people and deserve each other. I wish Stu a speedy recovery.
Let me know when I need to buy a new hat.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 07/09/2013 10:13  

Hey guys!

Thank you for the good wishes n lovely comments, i will pass them onto stu, n no doubt it wont be long before he is abe to responf himself!

@jp, he will love that prescription .. i dont think he will have a prob with that! Lmao. Xx

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/09/2013 07:15  

hugs xx to you and Stuie hope he home with you soon and is feeling better everyday

Update Reply
kaycat @ 08/09/2013 09:32  

get well stuie, and do as your told, you know the women are always right, (says with tongue in cheek ) take care mate

Update Reply
ninjaboy @ 08/09/2013 16:50  

Speedy recovery Stuie, aint had the opportunity to meet you yet but will remedy that when you're well enough.

Update Reply
old red @ 08/09/2013 17:04  

get well soon Stuie and speak to you when you get home

Update Reply
bikerken @ 08/09/2013 19:58  

Hey Everyone!

Stu phoned me this evening, he was feeling good, and was really chatty and positive. He is coming on in leaps and bounds the doctors are astounded by how well he is doing, so fingers crossed ...

He did ask me to pass on the following;

...tell everyone that their wishes and banter are really appreciated. The friends I have made on there (BM) are fab.. really good mates. It feels great to know that I have so much support from everyone.

He has been struggling to type (his fine motor skills were really bad but are now improving) but can manage to respond to PM's.. it takes him ages but he gets there... no doubt with his tongue sticking out whilst concentrating on typing!! LOL

Moving forward more quickly than expected so you never know he may well be back properly on line before you can say ... Oh My God, it's that strange, freakily tall bloke with the funny face!

Once more guys, thanks for your support. I was amazed at the Matlock ride out day yesterday how many of you came and asked where he was... Obviously those of you in the know were very, very good at keeping it quiet as promised... Top Banana!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/09/2013 22:16  

Glad he is on the mend lady xxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/09/2013 22:17  

Thanks BJ... you are a (that includes the rest of you Mods too!) I can't thank you enough for your help, we are both truly grateful for your help

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/09/2013 22:20  

Pleasure that's what we are here for, that and annoying Jen lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/09/2013 22:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email