MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride to Flixton aircraft museum on Sunday the 22nd September.

Ride to Flixton aircraft museum on Sunday the 22nd September. - Forums [Biker Match] Ride to Flixton aircraft museum on Sunday the 22nd September. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride to Flixton aircraft museum on Sunday the 22nd September.

As this will be my first ride for this group I hope all goes well. If the weather is awful then I will call the ride off but if it is not wall to wall rain then we can have a go. Watch this site up to the day as I may call off if it is not safe to ride.

This is really for those who can get to Braintree in Essex for the meet at 9 for a 9,30 depart.

I have done a back roads ride to Flixton aircraft museum of around 150 miles from Braintree to Flixton return and finish in Finchingfield.

This little museum is run by people who just do it for fun entry is free and they have a naffi that sells lovely cherry cake and does a half reasonable cup of tea. For those who like looking around old aircraft and stuff then it is worth a visit and I plan to spend say 2 hours there or less if everyone has finished looking around before that.

There is a pub by the entrance for those who want to get some food but that must be within the 2 hour slot other wise it will get to be a long day. I plan to take a picnic box.

The route goes something like,
Meet at Premier Inn, Cressing Road next to the Texaco on the A120 here you can top up with fuel before the ride.

The route is something like;
Way out Braintree, Great Yeldom, Lavenham, Bildeston, Needham Market (services for a jimmy), Saxted Green,Harleston

Flixton aircraft museum.

Return via, Scole, Debenham, Needham market (service) Sudbury and finish in Finchingfield. Happy Days

If I get takers this could be a good day out so look forward to meeting some of you guys and girls on the day.

MTS 1200

Update Reply
MTS1200 @ 23/08/2013 20:15  

I'm working that day, but it sounds like a good ride.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 23/08/2013 20:19  

Cheers mate I keep me fingers crossed look for to meeting you the KISS rally.

Update Reply
MTS1200 @ 23/08/2013 20:22  

LOL @ (services for a jimmy) aka a comfort break Aww I love cherry cake, especially if it's moist, I'm a greedy ha ha

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/08/2013 09:18  

Hi sounds like a god run to me, I'll be there - weather permitting!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2013 21:24  

.. Hi MTS, if there be a chance of a pilly seat with someone, I'll be up for coming :-D

Ragnar thats a shame would have been cool if you could have made it!!

Update Reply
Flumpy76 @ 25/08/2013 22:59  

might try to do this too F76.

Update Reply
bic chick @ 26/08/2013 09:56  

wheres the link Sandie? xxx

Update Reply
bic chick @ 26/08/2013 09:57  

Looks good. So shall put it in the diary

Update Reply
davidneale @ 26/08/2013 21:00  

is this a day trip? sounds good, but a fair way for us... ashford to flixton...200miles? now if anyone is considering camping there overnight..

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 27/08/2013 12:09  

Hello rossoandy21 Yes this is a 150 mile return from Braintree to Finchingfield day trip so I guess most people will be riding approx 200 miles. I rode the route last weekend and it flows quite well. I cant get the time away that weekend to camp so cant do that as I plan to be at the KISS rally the week before. Would be good to see you there. bring some redbulls with you.
MTS 1200

Update Reply
MTS1200 @ 27/08/2013 14:13  

Hi George

If you haven't already, you need to submit this to the events for Sandi to approve and post as a live event. That way you may pick up a few more takers who only check out the events section

Update Reply
davidneale @ 28/08/2013 04:39  

Hello David,
Thanks for the advice as I had not realised that was required but will do in future.
Cheers George

Update Reply
MTS1200 @ 28/08/2013 08:55  

This is now on the events:-

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=4307

Update Reply
davidneale @ 28/08/2013 23:07  

Easy when you know how. But that's life I guess.
Nice to see you are up for this David lets hope we get a few more takers!!

Update Reply
MTS1200 @ 29/08/2013 07:58  

George, Don't forget to add yourself to the event on the event page.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 29/08/2013 08:16  

Bringing this back from page 2.

Come on people you know you want to.

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=4307

Update Reply
davidneale @ 04/09/2013 16:50  

Would liked to have done this ride, but i'm bloody working, frigging shift work.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 04/09/2013 17:45  

George we have two non BM members joining the ride. They are with Flumpy76 there names are Del and Chris.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 04/09/2013 20:34  

Thanks for the news David it could be a nice little group the route flows quite well and all the tractors should have finished playing by then so the roads should also be clean ish.
For me this site and the people who are here is all about making new friends and riding buddies.

Update Reply
MTS1200 @ 05/09/2013 08:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email