MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride to Flixton aircraft museum on Sunday the 22nd September.

Ride to Flixton aircraft museum on Sunday the 22nd September. (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Ride to Flixton aircraft museum on Sunday the 22nd September. (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride to Flixton aircraft museum on Sunday the 22nd September.

Nothing from Simon.

But thinking about it, it may be better if he goes straight to Braintree, because coming into London will add a lot of miles on his journey.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 21/09/2013 23:42  

I would have come waved you all off lol but my youngest get collected at the same time :-(

Have a wonderful day out May the weather and the roads by kind to you all :-)

Update Reply
Flumpy76 @ 22/09/2013 00:06  

Thanks Emma, it's a pity you can't make this one.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 22/09/2013 06:33  

Morning all, I am good to go & will join you at Bow

Update Reply
wyleecoyote @ 22/09/2013 06:38  

Very much a pity would have loved to have joined the gang .. Give me a toot toot on the way past ;-)

Update Reply
Flumpy76 @ 22/09/2013 06:39  

Did you hear my toot Emma.

I have just got back from the ride. It was a brilliant day riding through pretty little Sussex and Norfolk villages. Lots of twisty roads and no cow muck in sight . The weather was very kind to us, OK a little drizzle early in the day but the rest of the day was warm and we rode back to London with the sun setting.

Thanks George for organising this, it could not have been a better day.
It was good to meet old friends and a new one. All brilliant company

I think I clocked about 260 miles all in.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 22/09/2013 19:52  

One of the best rides ever.. Winding country roads, quaint little villages, great food and well organised rest stops. Good company.

Some pictures are on the events page for this ride.. click on the blue tag and then the photo and it will be transferred to your personal photo album.

many thanks to the organizers of this ride!

Update Reply
Rogerb @ 22/09/2013 19:56  

I would like to tell you how many i clocked David, but my instruments were doing all sorts of strange things on the way home, in fact the only things working properly were the lights

I also have to agree with you David by saying a big thank you to George for organizing today as it really could not have been better, an interesting & scenic route to suite all riders & well executed too, all with great company

Update Reply
wyleecoyote @ 22/09/2013 20:04  

Thanks to George for this great riding trip with great company. it was almost the best so far. I made around 250miles and loved it :)

Yes, the ride was best but I had a transmission problem last 3-5 miles. The gears wouldn't go down. I came home at 4th gear and now it's stuck at 5th.

made a quick search and found out that Triumph made a recall last year and replaced transmission pin. obviously i gets shattered so the gears stuck and again obviously they forgot to replace the pin on some newer models, too...

so mine has gone as well now waiting to hear from the dealer to sort things out.

Update Reply
crato @ 22/09/2013 20:42  

Just looked at the photos and I have to ask one question. Did George have a spiderman mask over his helmet? because it looks like he had a spiderman suit on

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 22/09/2013 21:00  

Hello Guys,

A few things helped out on the day such as good weather and the people who came along but I did enjoy the ride and thanks for the comments. Will look to put another ride together and post it on the site in the coming weeks.

In the meantime thanks to all and safe riding.

George

Update Reply
MTS1200 @ 23/09/2013 08:38  

Thanks for the photos malcolmroger and davidneale Please try not to tag over your faces, defeats the object when you do. If you tag it incorrectly just click on the X and it will remove so you can tag it again. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gallery.asp?event_id=4307

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/09/2013 09:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email