MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Royal baby........ media Circus ?

Royal baby........ media Circus ? - Forums [Biker Match] Royal baby........ media Circus ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Royal baby........ media Circus ?

Did anyone know we have had a Royal baby ? cancel everything, we need to know a million times over, every TV channel, paper etc etc do we need to know ? How do all these people hanging around in London get the time off work to do so ? Do we need it to be talked to death on the TV, radio etc etc wasn't this fuss when i had my kids. Get a feckin life to all those people Or am i just over cynical ? Comments ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 23/07/2013 09:27  

I'm not a Royalist how ever it's big news round the world and we have strong links because of these events with other countries.

No harm in it and brings a lot of money (costs some too right enough) from folk turning up to show support.

Doesn't affect me so not really fussed but as a dad myself wish them all the best.

Update Reply
madscots @ 23/07/2013 09:39  

doen't help that in our workplace theres a plasma tele on the wall with BBC news 24 constantly............. Guess what's been on since i walked in two hours ago............ only 10 hours to go

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 23/07/2013 09:44  

Oh the pain LOL

Update Reply
madscots @ 23/07/2013 10:18  

The royal baby is good news and good for the country. If you find rhe coverage excessive, don't watch it, simples

Update Reply
davidneale @ 23/07/2013 10:33  

Just been in the canteen at work the tv is turned off

Update Reply
JP @ 23/07/2013 11:00  

Lucky you John........ bloody thing is directly in front of me, at eye level, and about 10 feet away........... plus the workstation I'm at today is where i will be all week. 44 hours of baby news, I'll be a bloody expert Mid you...on the bright side, they do put the occasional weather forecast on. It's on a loop though, I have seen the same motorbike go past at least a dozen times already. But as the Scotsman said, as a dad i wish em well too, but i only need telling once. Thats it 'nuff said...end of.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 23/07/2013 11:12  

I get what you're saying A J, they do tend to do overkill when it comes to BIG news. I was actually waiting for a programme to start on BCC1 when it was altered for the news, the programme was rescheduled for a couple of hours later but I was too tired to watch it, thank gawd for the repeats eh? lol Football does my head in, and then they do a post mortem after a match. Jeez! Zzzzz Anyway Congratulations! to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their wonderful addition to their family, another future King of England. Such a shame Princess Diana isn't here.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2013 11:23  

"From his childhood onward this boy will be surrounded by sycophants and flatterers by the score and will be taught to believe himself as of a superior creation. A line will be drawn between him and the people whom he is to be called upon some day to reign over. In due course, following the precedent which has already been set, he will be sent on a tour round the world, and probably rumours of a morganatic alliance will follow, and the end of it all will be that the country will be called upon to pay the bill. "

Kier Hardy 1894
Seems nothing changes!

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 23/07/2013 17:48  

I'm just glad that both mother and child are safe and healthy, and really, that is all we need to know.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2013 17:54  

wossa a baby???

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 23/07/2013 19:09  

19:15 here it is.................and.......................yes it's a baby Thanks Gods now maybe they'll show something else ???????????

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 23/07/2013 19:16  

And as our PM said ' congrats on the arrival of a brand-new baby'... Just as well it wasn't second-hand!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2013 20:52  

with a chin will do,imho...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 23/07/2013 20:57  

George Alexander Louis Prince George of Cambridge......... Told you I'd be an expert

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 24/07/2013 18:38  

Wasn't only me though....this from the BBC
News of the royal baby has been everywhere as it dominates the headlines around the world.

However, not everyone has welcomed the widespread coverage with anti-monarchists complaining that reporting of the birth is "completely over the top".

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 24/07/2013 18:41  

Well XKLYBR, I think the PM has lost the plot in a mega way now!

I agree and called him a when he said "a brand new baby", I think the PM's getting mixed up with the royal baby and the Argos baby that was recently delivered !! Unless the PM thinks you can order them online now or something - Well done Mr Cameron for sounding like a complete ? .

As for the Royal birth, I was fed up with the media hype that has been given to the lead up and birth. But glad mother and child are doing well, like I would be with any birth of a child.

Now can we get back to 'real' news that matters in this world of ours!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2013 19:11  

Another sprog...yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn...i can barely contain my indifference. It would only have been interesting if it had been a girl & they called it Diana just to piss the Queen & Big Ears off.

I agree with you AJ & Neophyte, wholly, but you do realise this thread is perpetuating the coverage, surely...

Update Reply
whats ordinary? @ 24/07/2013 20:37  

No !!!!!!!!!!!!! never gonna mention it again ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 25/07/2013 06:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email