MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

re ladies bikes

re ladies bikes - Forums [Biker Match] re ladies bikes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

re ladies bikes

so people i was at squires a couple of weeks ago when i was looking at a really nice rd400 was immaculate! iwas saying how stunning it was and i would love one.these two blokes turned and said to me if i was looking for a nice ladies bike there was a 535 virago for sale up the car park.to which i replied im no feckin lady and i dont ride ladies bikes!!! so would you guys consider certain bikes to be "ladies bikes" therefore making you sexist or do you believe theres no such thing??????? discuss

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 15/07/2013 20:45  

some bikes suit smaller framed girls,sv650 suzuki for instance,but know ladies with zzr1100's and Goldwings,so all bikes down to personal choice,and how these can be tailored to suit the owner,lowered seats and rear suspension...not everyone 6ft plus,including me,lowered my 900tiger to make landings safe...x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 15/07/2013 20:51  

If a laydeeee can touch the floor and pick it up if the worst happens, ( and it happens to guys as well, not being sexist ), then any bike is good for a woman.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2013 20:55  

Back when I used to ride Harley Sportsters I used to get pissed off with them being referred to as 'girls' bikes. It got to the stage where I dug out an old photo of Sonny Barger astride his old Sportster and suggested they go and tell the 'Godfather' of the Hells Angels he rides a girls bike

Update Reply
centurion @ 15/07/2013 21:10  

I think u were being over-sensitive ( a presumption , 'cos I wos not there), Saying 'lady' was just being nice. The Virago 535 has admirable qualities for the vertically challenged, ie a very short seat height. And is shaft-drived, so maintenance is easy, which appeals to 'ladies'. Simply reply that u prefer a bigger bike, and give your reasons. That should get a good banter going, and any 'sexist' ideas outa the window.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2013 21:17  

Bossmom rides a harley superglide so does that make it a girls bike ?

Update Reply
JP @ 15/07/2013 21:20  

Only girlies and woofta's ride Harleys! (That shud get sum banter going!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2013 21:33  

I don't like the Virago 535 I found it top heavy, same as the Kwak EN 450

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/07/2013 21:34  

Speakin o top heavy...black , kettle, pot...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2013 21:53  

Yea but I don't feel like I'm going to fall over when I go round corners Sizeist! lol Sarcasm! I hate sarcasm!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/07/2013 21:56  

Well Debz, thought provoking question, my only answer would be .... I gotta get myself one of them! Being of short stature AND being a lady (no comments JP!)... There can really be no other bike in the whole wide world that is more suitable!

Soooo debz, you fancy going shopping for one with me?!

If im truthful there aint a cat in hells chance of me even contemplating a virago 535 or any other bike considered to be a 'lady's bike'!

My choice (when i have got DAS done) will be made using very important criteria, can i get feet on floor ? Can i get it in black? Will it make my huge ass look smaller? .. if all answers are yes, job done, sold to the short, round woman from Leeds!

Please note; those that know me, will realise the only bit of criteria i am really concerned with is the third one! Lol.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 16/07/2013 00:49  

I know loads of women who ride bikes and the overwhelming majority don't ride viragos

(although I do, but I'm a 4 foot 11 shortarse so all the factors xk says make it perfect for me)

All these, ahem, 'ladies' go to Squires, Devils Bridge, Rivvi Barn & all the usual places and are very visible....in fact, where's the biggest snowballing of new riders? Yup, it's among women....and they most defintely aren't riding viragos

These guys are either riding with blinkers on or they were trying to wind you up ...hmm bloomin lucky they escaped without being garotted

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 16/07/2013 01:01  

My sister used ride a ducati 888. So they must be girls bikes.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2013 01:39  

well minnie i have to say they did walk off very sharpish when i started swearing at them lol.i know that some blokes are sexist and that they think that girlies/ladies/women should be on a bike suitable to our "weaker" sex but as a rider or 35yrs and of riding things like zzrr11,s zrx11,s zzr14,s gixxer11 etc etc i did find it very sexist and very annoying.i have said to many women when looking for a bike only you can say what you will be happy riding if your comfy and confident on it then ride it!!!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 16/07/2013 06:00  

When I was running a pub in Kettering, two of the regulars were a couple who rode, he had a Honda Dominator and she had a Ducati Monster 600. She was equally at ease jumping on his bike from time to time.
Also, the same couple went to America 2 days before the twin towers were hit, on arrival in the states they hired a pair of big Harly cruisers for a 2 week fly ride holiday. It turns out, he dropped his machine and lost a fair bit of his deposit, she didn't.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2013 08:26  

I'd have turned to them, dead straight face and said 'I prefer to wrap my legs round something slightly larger... But thanks for the suggestion'
Then I'd have watched their faces as I casually walked away. :)

Update Reply
OMNF @ 17/07/2013 18:48  

Now that's funny OMNF

But we can all think of great "put down" lines

After the event

Update Reply
Emzed @ 17/07/2013 18:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email