MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Why?

Why? - Forums [Biker Match] Why? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Why?

Hi everyone

Just had to add this one in.

My husband's last bike got sold to a local guy who used it for his commute into work every day, (I always wanted to buy the bike back but never did).

Two days ago, the owner was riding to work when he crashed into a concrete block that some low life scum had planted there.

Fatal crash.

Why am I posting this? To say 'stay safe'. Bikers have a hard enough time on Britain's roads without this.

RIP

Update Reply
Mushty33 @ 10/07/2013 09:37  

Same thing happened to a good mate of mine when we were both 17 and on our first bikes.

Same result.

Nothing changes

Update Reply
centurion @ 10/07/2013 09:43  

If i see something in the road that would have a biker off, like planks of wood, metal off scrap lorries to name two recent ones, then if i can, i stop and bung them over a hedge or wherever, I've had some strange looks, but eff it, you know, it could be me on me bike that encounters these thing just as much as anyone else.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 10/07/2013 09:51  

Thanks for the posts guys.

I just hope the police catch the scum bags who did it......

Update Reply
Mushty33 @ 10/07/2013 10:00  

Lets hope so Mushty. It makes you realise how venerable we are. Sympathy to his family and may he rest in peace.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/07/2013 15:05  

So sorry to hear that Mushty. Sadly some people are mindless, why they do it I don't think anyone can understand.
Good on you you VF, I've done the same and I think we all need to be vigilant and keep our eyes open, having said that a couple of times I've nearly come a cropper through the state of the roads especially in Oxon. pot holes around my area have to be seen to be believed slowly they are being repaired. For cars they are dangerous for bikers they are hidden death traps.

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 10/07/2013 17:41  

gadget,is why i keep my tiger for so long...glos. roads so utterly crap that long travel suspension and yards of ground clearance usually needed...boneshaker on my speedfour,trust..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/07/2013 13:01  

So sorry to hear about your friend, Its hard to lose someone but heartbreaking when you know that some idiot has caused it for no reason at all ! Rip X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2013 22:08  

Some moron placed it there to see what happens, fell off some morons truck cos they couldn't be bothered with load safety, same old shit that will keep happening to us, just got to be more aware and take no route for granted however often we use it and how safe it seems.
Same thing goes with the impending rainstorms we're expecting all that oil and diesel rising to the surface!!

Ride safe/stay safe folks and sympathies go out to all those that are made to pay for ignorance of others....R.I.P.

Thanks for the topic Mushty.

Update Reply
old red @ 26/07/2013 22:27  

Read the road,look ahead,dont get into that zombie mode,after all, riding bikes is dangerous,accept it,it doesnt get less dangerous the longer you ride,if you wanna ride a busa at 140=50=60 mph hone your instincts,if you ride at 30 mph = hone your instincts, sad but true, The roads are shit,the crap on them worse,that shit head standing on the bridge over the motorway even worse cos ya dont know what that bit shit is capable of. Its very sad but very true

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 26/07/2013 22:42  

Just happened by. Good of you to post for the benefit of all Mushty33.

Very, very sorry for the deceased and family.

Wow! I only cycle but I have experienced so much evil and bad-will will out there... Gotta just be aware the whole time. Not everyone thinks the same.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2013 03:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email