MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

London Ride out to varios known landmarks

London Ride out to varios known landmarks - Forums [Biker Match] London Ride out to varios known landmarks - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

London Ride out to varios known landmarks

Sorry the main heading was spelt incorrectly and I cannot change it. Is it possible for a Mod to change this. It should have read:- London Ride out to various known landmarks Hi This is for anyone either who lives in or around London. But anyone can come if they want to travel further. The idea was suggested by Whats Ordinary, so I thought I would get the ball rolling. We will come up with some ideas of where we can go and for stop off points. But it would be good if anyone interested puts forward places they would like to see. Can also be just outside of London. If we aim for a 12-00 meet up and to end around 17-00, on a Sunday this should give enough time to take in quite a few places and not too much traffic to worry about. Date to be agreed. So come on peeps, lets have your comments

Update Reply
davidneale @ 30/05/2013 20:00  

I can't believe, a meeting in London! Finally

I'm in!

Update Reply
crato @ 31/05/2013 11:05  

You KNOW I'm in...

Update Reply
whats ordinary? @ 31/05/2013 21:32  

Sounds like fun. I'm in if I can get a pilly seat

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2013 21:37  

Nice one Elaine, I am sure you will get one. If you can come up with places you would like to see, please post here We also need suggestions on dates people are available.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 31/05/2013 22:24  

Anyone to take Ellie May Pillion please, we'd love her and you to come with us?
All you London riders who have nodded me or said "Hello" to me at various stop offs throughout our lovely city?
The charming biker at Mac D's in Seven Kings on Saturday with the sweet smile who said 'Hi" where are you?

Update Reply
whats ordinary? @ 01/06/2013 20:41  

Hey Elliemay. I'd offer you a lift but it's just a little out of my way, like a few hundred miles, sorry but hope you manage to get a lift.
I'm up for this W O and David, can't help much on suggestions but if i do think of anywhere i'll let you know.

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 01/06/2013 20:48  

That would be great to have you along Andy and I am sure we will get Elaine a pilly.. If she gets to London, I have one for starters. This is early days yet, but we will come up with places of interest very soon. I think that maybe we should stick to 12 bikes tops. This to keep the pack together, there are after all lots of traffic lights in London giving plenty of opportunity to break the pack.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 01/06/2013 21:40  

Could well be up for this David depending on which direction your heading

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 02/06/2013 20:27  

Ok Inspector Gadget. Keep checking this forum and see what we come up with.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 02/06/2013 22:34  

i'll take ellie but only if she wears a PINK helmet. . i may well be up for this , depending on date.

Update Reply
xj @ 02/06/2013 22:55  

Lets see what dates people can do. For me I can do the following Sundays:- June 2013.....Any Sunday July 2013.......14th or 21st August............11th or 18th Please post what dates you can do. Now we have to work out the exact places and route. Watch this space......... Well, not exactly this space, because it will not look any different. Some other space further down ths forum that does not exist yes. I need to get a life, I suppose I had better get back to reality and off to work.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/06/2013 07:42  

June is fully booked for me.

July is good.

First weekend in august is booked too.

Update Reply
xj @ 03/06/2013 15:19  

Taking into account XJ's and my availabilty we have the following Sundays:- June...........Any Sunday for me.... XJ no can do. July............14th or 21st..............XJ same as me August........11th or 18th.............XJ same as me Please post what dates you can do Or post any of the above that you CANNOT DO.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/06/2013 16:49  

xj just be careful.......I may take you up on that challenge Think its best just to give us a date David (not going to be able to please us all )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2013 20:17  

OK here's good dates that are good for me .....

June ......... Any Sunday
July .......... 7th or 28th so that's July out for me
August ..... Any Sunday

Check you calender David, i thought you were down for something in Sussex on July 14th?

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 03/06/2013 20:44  

Elaine I just want to nail some dates down for a few members just to get started. Then yes after that people will have to fit in I just notices I am down for Worthing on the 14th July so now revised to the following:- Taking into account XJ's and my availabilty we have the following Sundays:- June...........Any Sunday for me.... XJ no can do. July............ 21st..........................XJ same as me August........11th or 18th..............XJ same as me Please post what dates you can do Or post any of the above that you CANNOT DO. I have worked out a basic route, which I may a try dummy run first. Will post when cetain.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/06/2013 20:44  

This is a good idea,soo much to see in London altho I have to say I HATE the traffic there!
However, the London Motorcycle Museum is worth a look and its not far from the ACE Café either.
Then a ride around central Londons sights could be fun,ie Parliament sq, Tower Bridge, Chelsea Bridge,embankment,Covent Garden is fun too.
We extremely busy so may not be able to make the date you settle on.
There already a trip to Normandy set for July 19-22.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 03/06/2013 23:41  

Taking into account availabilty of people interested so far we have the following Sundays:- June..................Any Sunday for me Whats ordinary?..Hopefully (because it was her idea ) davidneale.........CAN DO AndySimmo ......CAN DO RossoAndy21.....Maybe XJ .....................can't do. July....21st Whats ordinary?..Hopefully Davidneale........CAN DO XJ ....................CAN DO AndySimmo ......can't do RossoAndy21 ...can't do August........11th or 18th.............. Whats ordinary?..Hopefully Davidneale........CAN DO XJ ....................CAN DO AndySimmo......CAN DORossoAndy21...Maybe August seems to be the best time going by numbers plus there are a couple of others interested. Please post what dates you can do Or post any of the above that you CANNOT DO. I have worked out a basic route, which I may a try dummy run first. Will post when cetain.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 04/06/2013 14:22  

RossoAndy I think the traffic is ok on a Sunday, well as good as it will ever be. Most of the places I thought we could see will be just a slowish cruise so we can take some sights in, it is not always possible to stop anywhere unfortunately. Ideas so far based on my thoughts and suggestions. Not necessarily in this order. Hyde Park will be a stop off for coffee by the Serpentine. St James's Park Cruise around and past London Zoo. (Any one misbehaving, we may leave them there ) Chelsea Embankment cruise along. Chelsea bridge to:- Battersea Park around the park and short stop. Then cruise past the dogs home and Power station. Lambeth Palace cruise past South bank opposite Parliament (a good view across river) Westminster bridge and around Parliament Square Whitehall or Horse Guards. Past Trafalgar Square Buckingham Palace and the Mall ( Liz & Phils front path) St Pauls cruise past May stop if parking available London Bridge South bound then along to Tower Bridge Tower of London may stop there to view from outside and good for parking free at Minories carpark opposite. There is more and I have plotted it on a Google map, it will probably drive you bonkers if I posted it. The ACE Cafe has been mentioned so this and the Andy's suggestion of the London Motorcycle Museum will be included somewhere. I think the start time may have to be earlier. One other problem is where to meet taking into account people who do not know London

Update Reply
davidneale @ 04/06/2013 14:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email