MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

...that I love London town...

...that I love London town... - Forums [Biker Match] ...that I love London town... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

...that I love London town...

Ok, well I'm new to this so I hope I'm not being presumptuous in any way.
I know we don't have dreamy village lanes but hey, I just love bus dodging and juggernaut curving, love using those pretty blue lanes ...wonder what they're for mmm? Which bridge shall I cross today on my way to work, London, Tower, Waterloo ?

So fellow Londoners who are you & what's going on here?

Update Reply
whats ordinary? @ 24/05/2013 22:23  

glad to hear your taking what you have and making it fun. TC&RS

Update Reply
myotherworld @ 24/05/2013 22:32  

erm...London is not (in my opinion) making the best of a bad situation, it's an amazing place and sharing the commute with a panoply of other riders is a gift.
BELIEVE

Update Reply
whats ordinary? @ 24/05/2013 22:50  

erm I never said you were "making the best of a bad situation" I said "your taking what you have and making it fun" so many people forget what is on their own door step.

Update Reply
myotherworld @ 24/05/2013 23:00  

oh sorry...misread, thanks for the clarification,

Update Reply
whats ordinary? @ 24/05/2013 23:25  

I use Tower bridge quite a lot for work. But wasn't fully aware of the speed cameras. Yes there are warning signs for 20 mph speed limit and signs for cameras. After an inattentive moment, I received a speeding ticket through the post for 26mph . Best not to do that too often. Waterloo bridge is nice

Update Reply
davidneale @ 25/05/2013 01:41  

It would be good to get other people on here from London and the surounding area for meet up's and ride outs. Please post if you want to get things moving

Update Reply
davidneale @ 25/05/2013 09:54  

I take Tower Bridge mostly, yes the 20mph is difficult. If I ride with one hand I tend to stick to it but that's not always appropriate. Filtering is tricky too because of the dodgy crevices along the centre of the road. I love the way the tower changes hue depending upon the sun.

Update Reply
whats ordinary? @ 25/05/2013 13:31  

I take Tower Bridge mostly, yes the 20mph is difficult. If I ride with one hand I tend to stick to it but that's not always appropriate. Filtering is tricky too because of the dodgy crevices along the centre of the road. I love the way the tower changes hue depending upon the sun.

Update Reply
whats ordinary? @ 25/05/2013 13:32  

I love London, not always the best place to ride or drive but the people, the clubs; ( the blues kitchen, borderline, 100 club and the lexington to name only a few, wouldn't change it for the world only to bring back the docks and those bustling markets like Billingsgate which sadly isn't the same anymore. still love it.....

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 25/05/2013 17:24  

I quite often drive to the city early in the morning (in my van because bike can't carry equipment) and on occasions I use London bridge. Many times the early morning light which shines from Tower bridge looks fantastic. The bridge takes on different appearances according to the light conditions

Update Reply
davidneale @ 25/05/2013 17:47  

One of the best things when riding in London, is if you catch the green wave from Kings X to Paddington along the Euston Road and Marylebone Road

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 25/05/2013 17:58  

Unfortunatley Chris I always seem to catch the red one

Update Reply
davidneale @ 25/05/2013 18:02  

I didn't say I always get the green one

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 25/05/2013 18:24  

Green wave red wave ????????????? Do you mean traffic lights?
If so the one's on the Old Kent Road do your head in, anyway, good for slow control practice.

Going through the Angel is a place I don't enjoy, it's 2 wheeled engines v 2 wheeled no engines...what are those people on? Any place for road courtesy?

Come on you Londoners, I know the biking population of London is < 3.

Update Reply
whats ordinary? @ 25/05/2013 19:36  

Thanks, Inspector Gadget. Blimey, I didn't think Borderline was still running. London is becoming increasingly homogenised in terms of shopping despite it's increasingly unhomogenised population. Multinationalism urgh . But still got lots of lovely markets like Bethnal Green, Brixton, Blackheath etc. Lots of nice independent coffee shops although they don't always make nice coffee. And yes always SOMETHING going on. Problem is when ur single you don't get out as much...oh God, that sounds bad but I'm not editing it.

Update Reply
whats ordinary? @ 25/05/2013 19:47  

The green wave is catching all the lights on green for the 4 miles of one of London busy thoroughfares.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 25/05/2013 19:54  

Here is a link to a film of London in 1927. You can see all the major landmarks. I love it http://biggeekdad.com/2013/05/1927-london-in-color/ Does it bring back memories for you Chris lol

Update Reply
davidneale @ 25/05/2013 23:02  

Funny enough David it does. A mate sent it to me last week,
The first bit is in Tower Bridge Road and Tooley Street

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 25/05/2013 23:17  

Thanks for that David

Enjoyed it immensely

Update Reply
Emzed @ 25/05/2013 23:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email