MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Rally bands

Rally bands - Forums [Biker Match] Rally bands - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Rally bands

When your at a Rally do you like to see new up and coming bands? Original material or covers? Rock or what?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/01/2013 16:14  

Not been to a rally but hoping to put that right in the next few months. I personally like to see a mix.... I prefer rock and heavy rock. What about such bands as The Answer, well known but not signed up.... cover bands. Also, there are a few BM members who play in bands.... might be an opportunity to get someone in with mates rates?

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 16/01/2013 17:25  

Twas a lass I saw at the Rally int Barn last year - Lord she were good - better than t'band low cut top had nowt to do wivvit

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2013 17:41  

What was she singing XK? lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2013 17:44  

I dont mind either way Jackie...Its music , and it gets us up dancing...Up and coming deserve a chance dont they ...One day they could be a really top band.......xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2013 18:39  

Anything but cover bands. Bessie and the Zinc buckets has to be one of the best ones I have seen.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2013 21:24  

Original bands do it for me, playing there own stuff and covers but in there own style.
Music type, all sorts, rock, country, folk, blues, reggae, funk, even jazz.
But not bloody tribute bands. Worst thing on god's earth this side of beetroot! I can't be doing with "lets pretend we're (insert band name here)".
Also metal bands if the singer wears spandex and puts his foot on the monitor. Always the sign of impending carp. (sic).

How do you tell when the drum riser is level?
The drool comes out of both sides.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/01/2013 21:27  

i'm easy . but one of the most enjoyable cover bands i have seen were skaface at kiss2. they were brill.

Update Reply
xj @ 16/01/2013 22:13  

I agree - loved Skaface. Danced so much I lost a nail

Update Reply
Carolerd350 @ 16/01/2013 22:20  

I'm gonna put a word in for Joey Shields and the Wheels...veteran Liverpool R&B band doing their own stuff and covers and always giving 110 per cent. Loads of links and YouTube clips if you just Google them.

Update Reply
Wills @ 16/01/2013 22:40  

Didnt like scarface at kiss 2, they played well but not into that type of music. The band that came on afterwards with female vocalist were very good in my opinion,

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 16/01/2013 23:56  

best at a rally.....last year at farmyard...marcus bonfanti...straight after paddy maguire band...both very special...sober or not...xx

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/01/2013 00:16  

I don't go to rallies. I couldn't stand heavy rock music for half an hour never mind all weekend, but if I did go to rallies my preference would be rock n roll, rockabilly or blues music (I'm used to being in the minority lol) Bands just starting out are ok, as long as their singing and musicianship are up to scratch

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/01/2013 09:55  

I love cover bands, Exhibit A are brill at rallies also seen a brill one at Excalibur rally in october they did The Clash, Sex Pistols and laods of other brill stuff ....... gets everyone up dancin and reminiscing on days of youuuuth love a bit of Ska too love heavy rock bands and jus finding some not heard of before now... I also loved watchin the Black Pig Morris Men at a couple of rallies and love the music that comes with that its wicked...... love folk, rock an roll, rock ... any band that can play their genre of music well is brill in my book and good crowd interaction to keep the party atmosphere goin ... yayyy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2013 14:28  

Yeah I have seen Exhibit A last year and they were good, also Stagefright, good atmosphere and got people dancing.

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 17/01/2013 14:45  

I think a good mix is the secret , ya can,t please all the people all of the time .Big names demand big fees and then you cross the line into festival territory ( DOWNLOAD £195) As far as tribute bands go , no problem with them if the original artists have split/died or whatever

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2013 15:43  

If the music fits the mood then I can listen to anything but I love bands that are fresh and hungry and have a story to tell.

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 17/01/2013 16:40  

#not too hungry tho IG...or rumbly tums all through gig.... and as for keep stopping to tell stories....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2013 18:20  

Your a blast xSuzix
X

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 17/01/2013 18:41  

No Sandi hon you aren't in the minority, I love a bit of Rockabilly BUT only if its PUNK rockabilly... there are some fantastic tribute bands out there for that type of genre...... the Klingonz, Skeleton Crew to name just two.... fun fab bands who would fit in at any rally! Another fab Ska tribute band are Doghouse (from Belfast), they play at loads of rallies both the biker and scooter ones, they play all the brill and well known 2-tone stuff....I challenge anyone to sit still when they play

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2013 20:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email