MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Biker Match Germany run 2013

Biker Match Germany run 2013 (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Biker Match Germany run 2013 (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Biker Match Germany run 2013

I have Mick.

Denis

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 11/01/2013 18:45  

Hi Mick

Booked a room there too

Be good to see you again mate

Update Reply
buxton @ 11/01/2013 19:49  

Ah good good thought we might have gone to the wrong place then for a minute yes looking forward to them bunk beds and to see who's falling out of the top bunk pissed again ha ha

Update Reply
thegasmen @ 11/01/2013 21:10  

Andy last year out of 6 visits wasn't the best although I was there after with out any issues. I ran the previous BM Germany run there and we had a great time although the weather was far better. Last year it had been torrential rain for a long time so I feel it made the place damp and not very inviting.

I'm aware of folks opinion of the place and everyone is entitled to their own opinion How ever having been there more than once then I still feel it's a good stop over before ferry and home. I don't know of anywhere where I can rock up with 23+ bikers (last year) and put everyone under one roof. Also Belgium is not a cheap place so you got to be more open to this when travelling abroad. yes people can go cheaper and happy for anyone to do their own thing out with Germany

I hope that is clear and at end of the day you sign on as going as a group trusting me to deliver. As it's my 8th tour then folk can either come with me or do their own thing

I can't please everyone and as Germany is very cheap then i feel one night is not much of an issue.

These comments are just an opinion and no slant on anyone so please read it as such

Update Reply
madscots @ 12/01/2013 01:08  

I'd be interested :)
Where do I Sign up.
Have a spare seat if anyone interested .

Update Reply
Tiggy910R @ 12/01/2013 08:45  

Just a few places that might be worth a visit while in Altenahr.

Linz am Rhein is a beautiful Medieval Town still walled has many good restaurants.Worth a visit just to see the height of past flood levels on the main gate. Can be reached easily via a ferry directly into Linz from the west side of the Rhein. This could be linked to a visit of the small museum remembering the crossing of the Rhein by the allies at the Bridge at Remagen.For railway enthusiasts there is a old valley railway www.kasbachtalbahn.info .There is a great Restaurant/ Beer Garden on the way up were you can break your journey.

Drachenfels Schloss(Draons Castle) plus another historic rack railway- The Castle gives tremendous Panoramic views over the Rhein .Is called "The Traum Castle" ,The Dream Castle . The sites to look at are www,schloss-drachenburg.de and www.drachenfelsbahn-koenigswinter.de

Koblenz for trips down the Rhein You can get round trips leaving in the afternoon plenty of Rhein Castles. Great Museum in the old Military barracks on the hill . The wine village about 2 km south from the Deutche Ecke great food and on the Rhein . The Deutche Ecke (German Corner) this is were the Mosel enters the Rhein There is a horseman looking out over the two rivers a monument with the 12 shields of the German states.

Cologne you can get there by rail but you need a change at Remagen The Cathedral is a World Heritage Site Big City lots to do.

Finally for all BMW Riders in Sinzig there is a very big Wünderliche dealer it will have every thing you need .

I hope this is of help if any one needs more info please ask.
Bob

Update Reply
VineBob @ 12/01/2013 09:02  

Tiggy follow the link to put your name down, just click on the 'add me' and your name will be added, then it will show up on your profile, if you need to remove it at a later date just click on it from your profile. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3870

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/01/2013 09:15  

I forgot to mention that you will be in Germany for the "Tanz in der Mai" Dance into the May . The Germans party on the 30th April and dance into May 1st , a bank holiday. in Germany. Usually outside with a Bonfire The weather in Germany is usually getting warmer then and this signifies the start in of summer. You will just miss the start of the yearly Rhein in Flames which begins on the 4th May in Bonn

Update Reply
VineBob @ 12/01/2013 09:34  

Thanks for the info VineBob.

Much appreciated and food for thought for future trips also.

NHM

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 12/01/2013 17:16  

hi all

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 12/01/2013 17:24  

Cheers Sandi

VineBob cheers also that's a lot of info and food for thought. Always better getting people local to the area passing on info.

Update Reply
madscots @ 12/01/2013 17:52  

Ok Folks who have booked ferry/Bikerloft

Can you copy n paste and tell me if you are coming with someone (+1) if needed.

Those that aren't I'll put into the cheaper rooms, worth a note guys the these rooms has been completely rebuilt so we'll be some of the first there to see it

Madscots
Buxton
Andygadams
Dirky45
non-hotmale
thegasmen

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/01/2013 21:44  

Hi Madscots,
It's just me on this trip.
NHM

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 19/01/2013 22:29  

MadscotsBuxtonAndygadamsDirky45non-hotmalethegasmenStuartvfr750 and Banditdame

Update Reply
stuartvfr750 @ 20/01/2013 12:30  

Message posted by madscots on 19 January 2013 at 21:44 madscots In: EdinburghPosts: 729
Ok Folks who have booked ferry/BikerloftCan you copy n paste and tell me if you are coming with someone (+1) if needed.Those that aren't I'll put into the cheaper rooms, worth a note guys the these rooms has been completely rebuilt so we'll be some of the first there to see it MadscotsBuxtonAndygadamsDirky45non-hotmalethegasmen

Update Reply
stuartvfr750 @ 20/01/2013 14:34  

madscots
In: Edinburgh

Those that aren't I'll put into the cheaper rooms, worth a note guys the these rooms has been completely rebuilt so we'll be some of the first there to see it

Madscots
Buxton
Andygadams
Dirky45
non-hotmale
thegasmen
Stuartvfr750 and Banditdame

Update Reply
buxton @ 20/01/2013 15:39  

Madscots
Buxton
Andygadams
Dirky45
non-hotmale
thegasmen
Stuartvfr750 and Banditdame
drwrd

Update Reply
madscots @ 20/01/2013 21:17  

BuxtonAndygadamsDirky45non-hotmalethegasmenStuartvfr750 and BanditdamedrwrdRossoandy & WMF

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 20/01/2013 21:52  

Just on my own so far...boo hoo...unless I can find a willing victim to go with me....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/01/2013 22:21  

Hi Madscots .. Can you send the link for the hotel near the ring and I will book.. I'm coming from Amsterdam so will meet you all there

Davie

Update Reply
dav49 @ 24/01/2013 13:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email