MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Anyone for Anything Anywhere In Scotland

Anyone for Anything Anywhere In Scotland - Forums [Biker Match] Anyone for Anything Anywhere In Scotland - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Anyone for Anything Anywhere In Scotland

Had a brief discussion with Bobkat about why Scotland doesnae seem to want christmas drinkies in thier area and consensus was that there was never an interest from the Scottish peeps. Is this something to do with trashing your own back yard??? lol So am wondering.. Does Anyone wish to do Anything, Anywhere in Scotland in the 2013 calendar??? Pm if yah dinnae fancy posting here, i'll not bite Where do the Bikers meet in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness and Aberdeen? Surely we have a nice place like Squires or Aces?? Come on folkies share, dinnae make me feel so isolated up here (emotional blackmail does that still work lmao)

Update Reply
Momeg @ 08/12/2012 14:46  

LOL @ emotional blackmail, try them with food and / or alcohol and I bet you get plenty of response

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/12/2012 17:09  

Did someone say food?

I'm up for it if it doesn't clash with my other stuff.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 08/12/2012 17:33  

I'm in the same boat, I keep being told their is things on but I always seem to be away working when there on...

.there just isnt the same fraternity in Scotland as you get in middle England...there is a group in Dundee, still havent managed to get to any of their meets yet....
not heard of any up in Inverness or Aberdeen...seems their is a lot of weekend warriors on sports bikes but not much in the way of get togethers.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2012 23:42  

Middle England has wwaaayyyy more bikers so a lot easier for them to get numbers through door. If you look both BK and myself have offered runs this year and hard to get the numbers.

I run my BM Germany trips from Edinburgh and next year Germany and South of France is on offer to serious bikers (weekend warriors wouldn't hack it). In regards to runs here then I would be more than happy to come along to any if possible.

Edinburgh I would say South Queensferry seams to be the meeting point these days so easy to get to. Happy to sort some runs if folk wanna come along next year ?

Would only need a handful to make it worth while

we have best roads in Uk and hundreds of miles of it so why not

Update Reply
madscots @ 09/12/2012 04:49  

Good for you momeg, having a go at getting the troops rallied for events in Scotland I visited the Cove that Madscot is speaking of and was really pleasantly suprised it was very good and I met loads of bikers there. It is well worth a visit - so in the spring I will arrange an event to meet up there if anyone is interest? In Ayrshire there isn't a meeting place to speak of apart from the carpark on the road leading from Girvan on the Stranraer Road - a coffee hut. Madscot i'd be up for some ride outs in the spring - There hasn't been a great response to have a meet up at the Edinburgh show maybe this would be a good starting point to get know our Scottish bikers

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 09/12/2012 08:53  

Hey Katie, sorry couldn't make the crimbo night, still away working....but thinking about Frozen nuts rally beginning of Feb ... You up for it...need your winter woollies though lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/12/2012 10:07  

Morning all... Hello non-hotmale; i'm quite sure whatever we arrange will involve food at some point :) Johnnytb; Agreed not the same as in England mainly cos of geographics, plenty bikers just were scattered here, there, and everywhere. Morayshire has its own unique wee club that i ran out with a few times, they organise short lunch runs and longer rans to some of the rallies. Aberdeen Bikers have thier own forum, i get the definite feel of weekend warriors on sports bikes lol Madscots; possibly a combination of type of run, and commitment to overnight stops etc (sorry only had a look at your France trip post and BobKats edinburgh post) Your trips sound fab and well organised (wheres me bandit when i need it) and i would think that even if two turned up to a run it would be a start, you dont need a mass turn out to make a success of a run?? I personally would love a ran over archaracle way, although some roads would scare the pants off me! Bobkat; we have to try and rally our troops lol A run to the Cove sounds like a fab idea missus. Maybe bikers are taking thier famillies? as opposed to going to specifically meet other bikers?? at Edinburgh. Glad someone actually posted something. :) Be seeing you all soon, time and date to be confirmed.

Update Reply
Momeg @ 09/12/2012 11:12  

I absolutely adore the HIghlands & the roads are fantastic!! Unfortunately due to race commitments & shifts we don't get the time to make it up there, it's too far just to go for a weekend/a few days, we'd need a week & then I wouldn't want to come back home!...exccept when the wee beasties are out ..I HATE them!! (midges) Isn't there meet ups at the Green Welly stop at the weekends? Mind, I've never seen anyone mention it on here, so I may be mistaken!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 09/12/2012 11:25  

scotland is geographically the size of england and without the motoway network (once u get north of stirling) so the distances are huge. add to that huge distance the weather is frequently pish and unsuitable for riding bikes at this time of year. Ive spent a lot of time riding in scotland in the last 3-4 years and have to say the concentration of bikes seems smaller than in england...or maybe they only ride on sundays the green welly is kinda of a stop on the road but i dont think theres any organised meet. ive been all days and theres always a few bikes parked up. once i move over after xmas (to where excatly is not decided) maybe i would get out every weekend....new places to discover!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 09/12/2012 13:20  

Hiya Johnny, I like the thought of Frozen Nuts .......rally (cause I don't have any to freeze hehe) Do you want me to put a thread on or will you do it - I can be your Money Penny for the price of a sherbert mwoaaaaah

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 09/12/2012 17:58  

The west coast rocks.
Roll on spring then it's glencoe time.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/12/2012 18:43  

Katie, I posted it in the events, see if we can get a few to go from the North, mind you it can be really snowing that time of year ...but it is worth the trip and everyone will have been paid again...and bored after stayin in after Christmas/newyear for a month....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/12/2012 21:58  

Oh i lost the thread of what your talking about Johnnytb.

Update Reply
Momeg @ 11/12/2012 13:25  

Its a rally down south first few days in Feb, been a couple of times before..cold as arctic but fun fun fun..... had the furthest traveled award a few times when I worked in Cornwall.... turned up at the gate late evening shivering and was promptly told to wait there, gate man returned with what I could only describe as Moonshine and said "there has that warmed you up"...warmed up I started sweating and nearly fell off the bike lol...

pretty much carried on like that....fantastic weekend......

weather is no problem for highlanders like you and I... and yes I am from even further north than you....over a hundred miles so a wee bit of English cold is like a cool summer evening to us Yeti's

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/12/2012 19:03  

Ok I'll chat with BK nd we come up with some runs next year and see what response is like

As for midges they don't bother me when I'm in the pub

Update Reply
madscots @ 11/12/2012 23:59  

Ha ha drunken midges

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2012 06:27  

on the west coast youve got the carpark at largs ...usually loads o bikes there also the carbeth inn when when its good weather and the greenwelly at tyndrum again loads o bike also inverary bikes meet up there also I think hters a bike meet over by edinburgh /borders area as well ,pubs the solid rock in glasgow usually bikers in there dunno bout any where else tho :(..as somebody said loads on jus scattered here there n every where

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2012 19:42  

I take it your North of me Johnny cos your on the rigs??? and no because you dont have a map lol :) I've heard about the greenwelly but never been.

Update Reply
Momeg @ 12/12/2012 20:50  

its not far from you Momeg ... ;)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2012 22:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email