MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

to move or not to move

to move or not to move (2) - Forums [Biker Match] to move or not to move (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

to move or not to move

C'mon Debs - stop pussyfooting around, I knows yer can't resist me...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/10/2012 18:49  

XK theres no answer to that!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/10/2012 20:36  

Did you, or did you not, agree to become my wife, on Arran?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/10/2012 20:44  

LMFAO!!!!!!! behave lad!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/10/2012 21:07  

btw thanks people for your input....my biggest obstacle to this was my 21 yr old son who's autistic....however i got home from work tonight and he said " mam about moving....im ok with that....but i have 5 conditions!" we'll not go there for now ....but it doesnt involve leprechans thank god! (private joke which i'll explain if anyones that desperate!)

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/10/2012 21:25  

Obviously I vote you move back to Manc and as a sideline, fix my bike. I could probably push some work your way, actually as I work in legal/HR with SMEs.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/10/2012 21:45  

PS - my son has aspergers, so I might be able to sympathise with you!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/10/2012 21:46  

Autism versus XKism...cud be interesting - just might get on like a house on fire!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/10/2012 21:51  

I agree with all the positive things that have been said Debs...go for it girl!! BUT...make sure you can secure enough dosh to keep you content... and enough security for your kids and all dependants to make the move guilt free. Onwards and upwards

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 17/10/2012 22:06  

it will be SW scotland if i decide to move over...i wouldnt/couldnt go back to manchester (the noise/busy ness of the place scares the hell outta me!) SW scotland will be halfway between my grandchildren who are in montrose and manchester. but we will see nearer toward xmas not looking to move before my tenancy ends in feb!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/10/2012 22:28  

I'm in a similar quandry. My youngest has now left for uni & she has definitely fledged and won't come back now apart from to visit. The other daughter at home is planning on moving out next year. I'm a manc too & all my family are there. Sometimes I miss it...but not that often. I can't really afford to keep on living in this house & it will be too big any way. There isn't a right lot keeping me here.....got to make some big decisions in 2013. Sometimes I feel really isolated living up here. I don't feel that I ever integrated into local society properly & my social life seems to be all over the place. So I've been weighing up my options. I've got a job that's ok-ish but the pay is crap But then I look at my beautiful mountains......How could I ever consider leaving. Cumbria is the most amazing, uplifting place to live in many ways. Southwest Scotland has got a lot of similar characteristics and advantages....it's relatively easy to get onto the M6 / M74 corridor and then you can get anywhere. From here I can easy get to Manchester for a night out. From Dumfries/ Galloway you can get up to Glasgow or over to the north east just as easy as getting to Lancashire / Manchester.....and then you can go home again to breathe clean air, not have to worry about your stuff getting nicked and sanity

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 18/10/2012 00:16  

Its difficult to make such big decisions, In my case it will be slightly easier as I will have to move. At the moment I have sold my house and moved back in with my mum due to her poor health, she needs help and care. When the sad day happens I could not get and would not want another mortgage at my age so would have to sell this place to split proceeds with sister. I would not buy another house as I have no Children to pass it on to so may as well keep the cash and enjoy life. A good friend of mine lives in Florida 6 months of the year and he has showed me properties over there for 18 grand. Makes sense to me to spend a couple of winter months a year over there, ride a bike in winter sun for a change. Rental market good over there so could get some income of it as well.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 18/10/2012 07:45  

Sounds like you deserve a new adventure Debs.
I wish you well .
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 18/10/2012 09:59  

well so long as you dont think im stalking you Dusty!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 18/10/2012 11:16  

If you want to move and your son is ok with it, your both happy with the location in scotland the only other thing to take into account is work for both of you

Update Reply
JP @ 18/10/2012 11:43  

thinkin self employment is the way to go JP but i have a few different things i can do some of which i can pass on the John if he can concentrate long enough to learn anything constructive.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 18/10/2012 13:20  

Debs , the thought never entered my head .

FOR SALE
2nd hand bunny , excellent condition , never been boiled . superfluous to requirements.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 18/10/2012 14:34  

Hey Debs having seen where you live I can understand your reservations about moving, but given you're thinking of Scotland you will still have the fantastic scenery. To be honest, when we were there I felt at times I was in Scotland and other times in Wales!!! Mad eh?! I've no doubt you'll reach the right decision whatever you decide to do.

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 19/10/2012 20:17  

Theres North Cumbria too.

I'd go for it, new start is always good.

Update Reply
GS1085 @ 27/12/2012 17:22  

well been offered a place on the outskirts of manchester by a very nice chap on here....its nr glossop/woodhead pass......not my first choice granted but anyone any thoughts. it makes sense on some levels like work and still have lots of friends in the area etc just not too sure i can cope with the noise and traffic having lived in the arsehole of nowhere for so long.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 30/12/2012 12:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email