MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

to move or not to move

to move or not to move (3) - Forums [Biker Match] to move or not to move (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

to move or not to move

Its lovely there Debs, with easy access to some great biking roads too, Peak District on your doorstep...... and if it makes sense on some levels then maybe you will get used to the noise.......You will make the right decision im certain..Good luck Debs ... x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/12/2012 12:51  

If it gets you back on the main land, go for it :)

Update Reply
GS1085 @ 30/12/2012 19:31  

It's a step in the right direction; and you can always take another.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/12/2012 19:43  

A lot of people on BM think pretty highly of you (even though you can be an argumentative so and so!) and it would be great to have you among us. But it's your life, your decision...whatever you do, just got for it

Update Reply
Wills @ 30/12/2012 22:37  

Oh Debs, its lovely oop there.....and there are quite a few of us BMers not too far away either which is good for a natter and a meet up if you so choose (not a threat..I promise ). Gotta do what is best for you and yours. RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 30/12/2012 23:44  

Echo Jen and Jo comments.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 31/12/2012 00:21  

...just not too sure i can cope with the noise and traffic having lived in the arsehole of nowhere for so long. Hi KG, if the noise bothered you enough to move away (as well as other reasons of course) and to mention it twice on here then I advise against moving to somewhere where it will be noisy. For 6 years I lived in a house situated on a busy A road, traffic noise almost 24/7 and emergency service vehicle sirens every few minutes. Horrendous! - I didn't realise how stressed I was until I moved away, to a relatively quiet cul-de-sac. I remember not being able to open my windows when it was lovely summer weather (not that we get much summer) cos of the constant noise. Anyone who came to my front door couldn't be heard speaking. I say definitely DO NOT MOVE to a noisy area, you will not like it any more than you did before, I think we get more sensitive to intrusive noise as we get older. In MHO. Wherever you decide to go I hope you'll be happy there. ATB

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/12/2012 08:54  

thanks Sandi and everyone else for their thoughts.....its off the main road about 100 yds up a cul-de-sac so maybe not quite as bad as living on the main road. i ended up with a pros and cons list and the pros was longer...maybe im meant to be where i was brought up, where i know people and who can undestand my accent! lol @ Wills....what do you mean im an argumentative so and so??? cheeky fecker! lol i just have an opinion on everything and you should just agree with me then there'd be no argument! lmao i have a decision made i think...i'll be heading back to near manchester in februrary...tis nearer glossop and some of my favorite roads. but hell ....lets give it a go! thanks peeps! debs xxx

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 31/12/2012 13:20  

Good for you Debs, good luck to you and your family with your new adventure, and lots of happiness too.. ...xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/12/2012 14:19  

Woodhead and the roads around there, were my playground when I was learning to ride When you make the move Debs, I'm sure you'll soon adapt to the new environment Take the plunge and come back to your "roots" There are lots of BM'ers close by to help you settle back in Good luck with the move, I hope to catch up with you at some point this year

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/01/2013 02:08  

I don't know you but i just wanted to say, i admire you and wish i had the gumption to get up and go !!! good on ya

Update Reply
Roughie @ 02/01/2013 07:08  

lol i havent done it yet Roughie and the house i thought i had sorted fell thru so im back to the drawing board but still lookin around that area for now.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 03/01/2013 22:59  

Plenty of places to rent around north cumbria, quite cheap too.

Update Reply
GS1085 @ 03/01/2013 23:20  

I dont know you or your circumstances but I'd uproot if nothings keeping me to an area, except memories and work.
I hope your search for accomodation hasnt upset the apple cart as it were, and wish you the very best with your future plans. Good luck!

Update Reply
Momeg @ 06/01/2013 13:25  

Defintielly go for it KG, there's loads of us BMers around the midlands. Hell we'll even help you move for a bacon sarnie. Get yourself looking on Rightmove (i keep half an eye on it whether i'm moving or not lol!) There's some great rides around here and excellent transport links to get you up Scotland x

Update Reply
OMNF @ 06/01/2013 17:54  

Seems to be quite a lot of accountancy jobs on the go in Scotland at the moment.... Housing is not to bad either as long as its not in Edinburgh or central Glasgow...so SW should be ok.. Go for it....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2013 03:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email