MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Warning Flashes....

Warning Flashes.... - Forums [Biker Match] Warning Flashes.... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Warning Flashes....

Now before some of you get a big smile and start clicking on profile pictures.......calm down and restrain yourselves....lol Was just wondering how many fellow bikers/ or if you are in the car use the traditional flashing of the head lights to warn oncoming drivers of a speed trap ahead...... Seems not very many people warn each other these days?.. .....so what about you?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/10/2012 22:19  

I certainely warn bikes..always have and always will...even with an arm wave out of the window telling them to slow down...Im nawty lol..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/10/2012 22:27  

Absofekinlutely . Standard trucker , a couple of flashes and a thumbs down . Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 10/10/2012 22:31  

I should add , trucks . . Yes cars . . No bikes . . . Yes scooters . . . No . Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 10/10/2012 22:38  

...the traditional flashing of the head lights to warn oncoming drivers of a speed trap ahead...... It may be 'traditional' but it aint in the highway code. To flash the headlights means you are 'indicating your presence'.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/10/2012 22:42  

it ain't in the .code . coz it's against the law to warn people of speed traps . Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 10/10/2012 22:48  

I always do,particularly for camera vans!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 10/10/2012 22:54  

I go the whole hog and aim to 'indicate their presence' .. I flash my lights, roll down the window and utilise my hand signals as best I can by doing a 'slow down' signal to the on coming traffic and point repeatedly in the direction of the hiding in the bush!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/10/2012 22:56  

I really dislike camera vans,I think one got me this week.....
Still at least one didn't as I got a flash from an oncoming car to warn me,so flashing works!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 10/10/2012 23:02  

always always always dont care what you ride/drive....its a feckin revenue earner nothing to do with safety and it brings out all my anti establishment badness! bastards!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 10/10/2012 23:07  

If I see a camera van and have half an hour to kill I park 100 yards away from it and let people know its there-it annoys the van operator and makes me happy for a while,easily pleased I know!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 10/10/2012 23:13  

I think my meaning was misunderstood, I wasn't on about speed traps. I meant that in the highway code it states that a driver uses their headlights to indicate their presence on the road. The headlights shouldn't be flashed for any other reason is what I was trying to convey.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/10/2012 23:20  

yes i flash all the time to all road users(second nature being a trucker)

Update Reply
Onearmbandit52 @ 10/10/2012 23:25  

I flash other people (if i like the look of them). If its some d**khead boy racer them stuff em. But word of warning police are starting to enforce no flashing. They now sometimes have a car sat about 50-100 yards away if anyone flashes they stop them and charge them with 'obstructing an officer in the line of their duty'.

Update Reply
OMNF @ 11/10/2012 15:50  

Yes, I saw an item on a local news programme re what you've just said about obstruction OMNF........

just think, all those cops hung around waiting to catch a 'possible criminal', and all those cops that are no where in sight when real crime needs dealing with!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2012 16:08  

Lol @ not supposed to flash your lights...... Your not supposed to do a lot of things..... Park opposite a junction within 25 yards of a junction

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2012 17:56  

But word of warning police are starting to enforce no flashing. They now sometimes have a car sat about 50-100 yards away if anyone flashes they stop them and charge them with 'obstructing an officer in the line of their duty'. But officer I thought you were about to pull out so I flashed my lights to warn you of an approaching vehicle

Update Reply
JP @ 11/10/2012 19:19  

I agree with Kwakgirl; I always flash (my lights...those days are left behind at the Floral Hall!! )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2012 19:25  

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. so THATS why they flash at me!! Duh!! ~ Here's me thinking they liked my red car...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 11/10/2012 20:50  

always been a flasher...always will be a flasher ...try and stop me...x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/10/2012 21:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email