MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Warning Flashes....

Warning Flashes.... (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Warning Flashes.... (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Warning Flashes....

i find car drivers flash a warning but not many bikers

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/10/2012 01:54  

It depends on my mood and where the speed check is. If it's in town in a 30 limit - no I don't have any truck with hooligans whatever they're riding.

On a national speed limit road on a good stretch ... maybe. Depends if I like the look of you and providing you're not driving a BMW.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/10/2012 02:20  

yep, will always let others know. if someone comes up behind me quick on a motorway and i know theres a copper just in front i will wave them down too.

Update Reply
xj @ 13/10/2012 08:21  

pmsl JPharley like it... must remember that one - i do a thumbs down sign to the oncoming vehicle, bike or car, (bt must admit if car driver is driving like a prat in a bm or somethin i probs wouldnt help em!!!) several times..... i was just moving my hand occifer first time i seen the thumbs down sign a boy racer did it to me on me bike coming round a corner and i thought he was giving my cbr400 thumbs down... pmsl then i realised he was warning me of cops!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/10/2012 14:58  

The test is to ask a traffic cop (politely!) what he's there for with his speed gun.
If his answer is that he's there to keep people from speeding and make the roads safer for others, then he shouldn't have any grouse about people warning other road users. After all, they slow down....job done.
If on the other hand, he says 'to catch speeding cars/bikes', then he won't be amused if you scare off his natural prey!

Update Reply
Wills @ 14/10/2012 21:06  

I'll allways flash at bikes, and HGV's,.. but not cars,.. most of em dont have a clue whats up anyway, or they are too busy gawping at some scenery!! HGV ist's get the thumbs down too,.. that's a deffinate way to tell em somethings up, and if its a mate in a lorry who's coming towards me, and there's enough time to do it safely, a slow down with me arm/hand maybe,.. which ever is the best for the type of threat ahead.

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 14/10/2012 21:16  

Iv just received a notice of pending taxation- i mean speeding penalty. I always let people know its only fair, no one flashed me and i always back off the gas when flashed so i agree people dont seem to bother these days. Shame as i would have still had a clean license oh well, its only a matter of time for us all i guess lol

Update Reply
Bobsarny @ 16/10/2012 18:23  

Darwen is a bastard for speed cameras though Bob - I've lost count of the times I've been on the A666 and they've either been parked on the top, or just by the chinese, or by the Cem...I got 6 gold stars years ago within a week by Frank thingy on the main road for going past a speed gun at 33. Bastards.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/10/2012 21:08  

That's unusual. The police usually (although they're not obliged to) use the 10% of the posted limit +1 mph rule. It allows for speedo and human error so's as not to alienate the public.

So in a 30 mph limit the police don't usually initiate a prosecution until you're doing 35 mph.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/10/2012 14:40  

And here's me with an old school spinnin my index finger to emulate their old twirly flashers haha, hmmmm, me now thinking someone thinks am saying they'rs off their nut! oh dear, though most do get it

Update Reply
JimmyJ @ 18/10/2012 16:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email