MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Great BM Biker Bake Off??

Great BM Biker Bake Off?? - Forums [Biker Match] Great BM Biker Bake Off?? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Great BM Biker Bake Off??

Bunch of us met up last Sunday at Devil's Bridge and what a chummy sociable meet it was too The delightful scenery, the prospect of bm bonhomie & chuckles, perving at the bikes....all added to the attraction of the day . But the ultimate lure was the prospect of scoffing the offering of 2 bm bakers. Yes, not one but two bm-ers (shawy & daftun) had been baking on saturday night and how fab their cake was too (well, tea loaves if we're going to be precise!) As we're all huddled round the objects of desire (cos cakes (and pies) have that effect...bikers' cake antennae is very well-developed, as we all know Discussing greaseproof paper, loaf tin liners and other baking paraphernalia...we got to discussing the number of very accomplished & generous bakers there are in bm.. . and there are quite a number these days. Certainly when I come to think of it there have been some bloomin brilliant cake memory moments over the years So here's an idea....how about a Great British BM Bake off...all light hearted and for fun of course. But we could have regional heats with carefully selected judges. There are a fair few contenders in the north west Just a suggestion....any thoughts??

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 28/08/2012 08:00  

Thats a great Idea maybe hold it at a weekend camp sometime next year could be squires and see if we could blag the back room for the Saturday Chuck in a few prizes. Judges ? P/S can I be a judge please lol

Update Reply
JP @ 28/08/2012 08:49  

Phew, i thought you meant bake a biker then.

Update Reply
xj @ 28/08/2012 12:09  

NO NO NO NO!!!! YOU CANNOT HAVE A BLOODY BM BAKE-OFF!!!! unless I can be a judge.

Update Reply
old red @ 28/08/2012 15:03  

Minnie i think you should charge folk for tasting them and give it to charity lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/08/2012 15:08  

@ Minnie -that's a darn good idea !!!!!!!

@ BJ - pay to taste! - that's me skint then

Ps, brilliant fund raiser thought tho

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2012 16:21  

Bring it ON

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 28/08/2012 18:14  

In the red corner weighing flour Karen (daftun) in the blue corner weighing sultanas ANG (HRC) and in the yellow corner counting hundreds & thousands Karen (blackberry) This is too gooood to miss... Better jump in before bbz sorry Dave ...can i be a judge plz plz...

Update Reply
bkr @ 28/08/2012 18:18  

So far we have 3 judge's old red bkr and myself looking good so far

Update Reply
JP @ 28/08/2012 18:19  

I might enter myself just to prove all of us blokes aren't usless in the kitchen lol

Update Reply
IanT1966 @ 28/08/2012 18:23  

And now in the Green corner weighing ....up the opposition (Ian)t1966

Update Reply
bkr @ 28/08/2012 18:58  

I'd give that a try

Update Reply
lisaj @ 28/08/2012 23:32  

Hey great response guys, especially from those volunteering to judge entries! Do you know, I never cease to be amazed at the selfless dedication to assisting others demonstrated among bm members I shall put my thinking hat on and have a conflab with turtle20 who has produced some stupendous cakes for her biker breakfasts over the summer Keep the ideas coming in

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 28/08/2012 23:50  

Definitely put me down as a baker. One of my favourite past times! Brilliant idea x

Update Reply
OMNF @ 29/08/2012 20:17  

Min....why not contact Hairy Bikers!!! (Tho they might have met their match with jp :>>)

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 29/08/2012 21:29  

Ohhh Hairy Bikers ...Si in particular can sample my buns anytime

I'm up for a good old bake off, and as some people are better at other things than others, maybe not just cakes but pies, tarts, buns.....

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 29/08/2012 21:45  

I like a nice tart...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/08/2012 22:32  

Been chatting to my mate Sara (Turtle20). She's a standard member so can't post herself She's definitely up for this too and being more of a tarty sort of a lass, if we aim for next spring sometime this gives her time to perfect her soggy bottom and get her buns nice and spongy

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 30/08/2012 00:07  

Alice thats a cracking Idea about the Hairy Bikers, got to be worth an E-Mail to them. Would need to be a BM event and could be big add for Matt and Matt but may need some money going to whatever location is used

Update Reply
JP @ 30/08/2012 00:25  

We could have a picnic and bun fight on Piel Island, just off Barrow-in-Furness. One of the Hairy Bikers lives opposite the island.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/08/2012 10:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email