MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Use of the Forum

Use of the Forum - Forums [Biker Match] Use of the Forum - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Use of the Forum

Hi What do others think of use of this Forum, personally i like to contribute as i get as much out of this site as i put in, which is how it should be, yet there are how many members of this site, but the same handful of people who contribute to the topics on the Forum. Looking at some of the profiles, there are loads looking for friends, riding buddy's, etc etc but they will never get in touch with anyone without some sort of contribution, or is it all going on via PM's. I'm up for mid week rides mainly which is in my profile, and i would happily keep someone company for a ride/cake/ice cream/ coffee/chips but no-one has had a look, well only the select few and you know who you are. Any thoughts ????

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 24/07/2012 18:04  

I concur With the odd exception, it's the same old contributors Time after time I never could work it out

Update Reply
Emzed @ 24/07/2012 18:13  

Hi A J, some folks just aren't the 'forum' type, they may like to read but perhaps are either shy or not interested in posting. Yes, maybe they message a lot, and that we won't know about, unless they tell us. I know it must get boring seeing the same old folk posting (my apologies) but if we didn't then maybe the forums would die completely? I get what you're saying tho A J, it would be nice if other members 'spoke up' now and again. BTW A J, if you're ever in my neck of the woods I'd love a ride out, thank you.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/07/2012 18:22  

I use the Forum to break the day up, I've used many over the years depending on what I ride or Drive at the time. I find that you get the measure of people, you know before you meet them wether or or not you will get on, and I can honestly say that I'm sure I would get on well with all 3 that have posted on this thread .

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 24/07/2012 18:50  

Yo Mr Viking I'm easy to get on with LOL Be interesting to see if any of the more 'obscure' members do post on this one.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 24/07/2012 19:26  

hmmm yus same old gobby folk pmsl

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2012 22:30  

Well in answer VFR... from my point of view... I don't have time to post a lot due to my work commitments, and then when I get home, my home commitments.... it would be nice to have more free time but not at the expense of my job which helps keep the bills paid and bailiffs from the door Sometimes I like to look on from the sidelines too... I go to as many events as I can tho ... And actually, I don't think theres as many "active" members on the site as there claims to be... it IS a bit quiet right now, but maybe people are on holiday or something

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 24/07/2012 22:56  

Aww thanks Tel Suzi, I resemble that remark! lol Suzyamki, I didn't think you'd be a lurker

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/07/2012 05:15  

working shifts in three phases,i sometimes vanish for 2 weeks at a time,due to fatigue and lack of waking hours,hence my apparent ability to blitz or carpet bomb forums in bursts......sorry bout that but can't do it any other way....in a sunny place ,jinx 57xxxx

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 25/07/2012 11:16  

It takes some folks a whie to pluck up courage to post something, others never do and some like me never stop lol

Always good to see newbies posting :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/07/2012 11:48  

15762 BJ When do you get chance to do anything else ??????????????

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 25/07/2012 12:12  

I post when i can as i work away all week(Truck Driver),don't get much
time in the week(exception tonight)

Update Reply
Onearmbandit52 @ 25/07/2012 18:37  

sometimes i read stuff and go "WHHHAAAAATTTTT!!!" and then i just have to have my twopenneth.....altho i kinda agree with Viking - you do get some idea of what people are like....but then occassionally, as i have found out, you can get it wrong because whats written wasnt quite what was meant...if you know what i mean i'll shuddup now!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 25/07/2012 18:41  

OOh Sandi, is that what a "lurker" is? Reading posts then not commenting... naaah, tis an innocent enough pastime

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 26/07/2012 00:13  

Im deffo a lurker.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2012 01:31  

i some times add the odd post lol :) but sometime when i been very busy i hide for a bit till my posts have been covered over by others and sometimes i lurk about seeing if there are any sexy men out there and yes there are lots but then I go shy and stick to posting lololol

sometime i send the odd wink because when i see a profile which make me laugh out loud or summat i think is interesting about the person as well

so many people so many different interests its fascinating

off to lurk now

Update Reply
earthwind @ 26/07/2012 01:32  

Lulu your not a lurker.i see loads of stuff from you

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 26/07/2012 11:32  

Reply to Earthwind...hey us men all look sexy in our leathers

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 26/07/2012 11:34  

I just chat to anyone I sometimes like to sit back and see how the topic goes I wonder if some newbies may feel as if they are interrupting when they see some of the banter between people? Join in!! the more the merrier

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2012 16:13  

VFR maybe Im not as incognito as I thought I was

I do like reading a lot of the posts and threads etc there's loads to lurk and look at when you're feeling 'quiet'.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2012 02:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email