MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Trollies-what do you call em?

Trollies-what do you call em? - Forums [Biker Match] Trollies-what do you call em? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Trollies-what do you call em?

Just been totally stunned to discover two bm members who do not know what trollies are ....and there was me thinking they were men of the world! Is it just me? Is this a term peculiar to my part of the north west? What are trollies known as in your part of the world?

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 23/07/2012 00:31  

i always thought a trolly was something you put things in and pushed around. like them things at the supermarket or on the plane, and as far as i know they've always been called trollies.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2012 00:39  

Ahhh, that blows my theory about it being a northwest term completely out of the water then cos you're in Blackpool busafeller hmmm, I was actually refering to the garments known as trollies

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 23/07/2012 00:44  

ahh but ive only been there 20 years. never heard of any clothes called trollies, must be a womans thing, - again

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2012 00:52  

I was brought up in Southsea/Portsmouth, Hampshire, and I know trollies as trousers, it wasn't used in Yorkshire at the time, least I don't think so. Some folk, in Hampshire, called trousers strides, like the cockneys do. Supermarket trollies are called carts in America, I think trollies in America are trams (trolly bus), tho I could be wrong.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2012 09:22  

Well I thought you meant underpants Minnie But I am a man of the world

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/07/2012 09:34  

yes, Trollies are trousers,
Although,
Here in my neck of the woods,
they're also known as KEGS!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2012 09:50  

PML @ 'neck' of the woods, living in Draxula, very witty PB

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2012 09:57  

Well in Barnsley trousers were refered to as "keks" "Kegs" is what beer comes in But trollies were "definitely" underpants

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/07/2012 09:58  

Aye I remember me mam saying kecks when she meant trarsers, she was a Barnsley lass thro and thro, born int tarn. I wonder what they called 'em in Sheffield, where me dad was born?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2012 10:01  

You're right Em - 'Kegs' do hold beer.

However, the pronunciation of 'Keks' as spoken in Castleford, where I lived back then was 'Kegs', which is I suppose, why I naturally spelt it that way!!!

Confused?????? we will be!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2012 10:10  

Trollies = underpants where I'm from! Sandi, dont get me started on Americanisms, when I used to work in a Harley dealership I had to learn a whole new lanquage. Fenders instead of mudguards, mufflers instead of silencers, and the first time somebody asked me for a fanny pad I almost redirected them to the female hygiene counter in Boots

Update Reply
centurion @ 23/07/2012 10:47  

Pretty much the same as 'Kex' i guess ? Used to create a 'wedgie ??? or 'skiddies' i have also heard them called............ boulder holders ??? etc etc

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 23/07/2012 15:34  

Minnie you havent elaborated on why you were talking 'trollies' in the first place ????????????????????????

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 23/07/2012 15:36  

Trollies are trousers? Learn something new every day! I know folks that are off their Trollies

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 23/07/2012 15:39  

VFR, I've always known boulder holders to be bras (the over shoulder boulder holder)!

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 23/07/2012 16:27  

trollies = trousers,kecks=underpants,simples.both apply equally for cumbria and gloucestershire as far as i know,both being hubs of civilisation and not inhabited by neanderthals,,,,(ducks behind parapet and counts to ten for shitstorm to begin)xxxx

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 23/07/2012 16:44  

Trust you b****y southerners to get it a***e about face

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/07/2012 17:22  

yep Jinx has got it right... and thats from an ex-southerner..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2012 17:51  

Well millitary issue ones are known as shreddies as they have fine mesh holes with the texture of a cheese grater. Another name is skiddies for obvious reasons.

Update Reply
RickM @ 26/07/2012 21:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email