MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Profiles Without Photos

Profiles Without Photos - Forums [Biker Match] Profiles Without Photos - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Profiles Without Photos

For those of you, mainly men, who are wondering WHY your PMs, or Nods, aren't getting responses, try adding a recent photo of yourself to your profile. A lot of women won't reply if there's no profile photo, they think you have something to hide. Add a photo then try again, see if you get a result. Good Luck!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/07/2012 12:44  

Thought it was against site rules not to have a photo of yourself displayed anyway?? Don't get me started on that one again!!

Update Reply
old red @ 14/07/2012 15:28  

No Red, it's fine to have a profile with no photo, the problem is a profile with a main profile pic which isn't within the rules (ie. recent portrait style without helmet etc.). Lots of folk on here for dating only search for people who have photos on the grounds they'll be able to see what folk look like, if they have pics of bikes etc. it gets very frustrating. Profiles with no photos can be excluded from search criteria. Sandi, this isn't limited to men remember, lots of ladies choose to not have a photo on for whatever reason but as much as most of us hate having our mugshots on here, it does get a better response so worth doing if you want to get to know people.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2012 15:39  

Now it becomes clear....Thanks V..

Update Reply
old red @ 14/07/2012 16:13  

I agree with the site policy regarding not "having" to have a photo For whatever reason some people feel "safer" or less conspicuous without one, especially the ladies What I do object to though, is the preponderance of pics taken from 20 yards away or 20 years ago How that helps people to "recognise" fellow BMers is beyond me

Update Reply
Emzed @ 14/07/2012 16:20  

Personally speaking I do not respond to people without pics who message me, I like to see who I am talking to.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2012 17:06  

...Sandi, this isn't limited to men remember I know BM, that's why I started my post with... ...For those of you, mainly men,

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/07/2012 17:22  

How old is your piccy Sandie

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 14/07/2012 20:31  

I know i'm not looking for anyone, so may be slightly different, but, Always nice to put a face to a name. when i went on Pilly run which was my first event with BM, i recognised some people staright off which helped me to speak to them instead of just standing on my own and wondering if anyone would notice me. Mind, you can't miss BJ with that hat lol

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 14/07/2012 20:33  

. I don't think that women need to have a "mug shot" on their profile as long as they include a good "arse shot" or a good photo of their "rack" . Ya know what I mean. The important bits . Lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 14/07/2012 20:43  

with a face you have a charater, with out , could be blowing into the wind of curiousity, but real face is much better....... dont you think......

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 14/07/2012 21:01  

Gordon Bennet

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 14/07/2012 21:48  

Bill, why do you want to know how old my pic is? What's that got to do with some men not having a photo at all? Look at my profile and photos and you will have the answer, an answer that has been there long before this thread was started. I make no secret of my age or size, if you read my profile you will see. Only one person, in all the people I have met over the years with BM, has said they didn't think I look like my pic. Whichever pic was on, I've had a few on over the years. All my adult life I have been told I look younger, usually between 5 to 8 yrs younger. So by that calculation my current pic is up to date in age, just not accurate in my size, but then there's my profile photos to view.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/07/2012 22:08  

Sandi as Boss Mom said it's not just men that dont have pics there are plenty of women without them. As for Bills coment I think it's you are always going on about profiles pics not being meeting site rules and your pic is not a resent one as you know. Im sure Matt will be getting a complant about my post

Update Reply
JP @ 14/07/2012 23:45  

oh FGS!! JP I KNOW what BM said, and I said I already covered the females in the way I worded my post. I said MAINLY MEN, as that is who I was refering to. I wasn't having a go at men, I was trying to let them know that maybe they don't get replies cos they aren't showing a photo. Why will there be a complaint about your post? I obviously know, cos I was there when my pic was taken lol One pic that made it to my main profile pic was older than the one I have on now and it was Matt who put it on cos he said it was a happy pic.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/07/2012 23:56  

well i personaly dont reply to pm,s etc if no profile pic

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 15/07/2012 08:53  

I dont normally get involved in what can sometimes be a little "heated" topics....however reading your initial post Sandi,where you do mention "recent" pics, i completely agree,it should be a recent pic. So i do find it a little hypocritical that your main profile picture is quite an old one. Also i do believe other people have had their profile pictures removed for not being up to date or obstacles/other people in the background by yourself. Is this a case of double standards?

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 15/07/2012 09:46  

Let's not make this too personal, Sandi started the thread to try and help folk out who may not be getting replies and I think the point has been enforced by a couple of the replies. There's enough crap in all of our lives I think not to start bickering with each other on here lol. EVERYONE bends the rules a little with their profile pics from time to time for whatever reason (me included), but a recent portrait style photo from which you could clearly be recognised at an event is your best chance of getting to know folk.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 10:14  

Allison, I don't recall reporting a pic for being old, or obstacles in the background. I reported profile pics of folk with helmets on or face obscured or if they have a pic of a bike cos Matt asked us to. Maybe you should get BOTH sides of a situation before making judgement. Yes, you're correct, about me being a hypocrite, but at least I'm an honest one. I said that I keep no secrets, about my age or weight, on my profile. As BossMom said, I started this thread to let some members know why they may not be getting replies. A female member mentioned to me that she had been getting several PMs from the same member but ignored them cos the man didn't have a pic on.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/07/2012 10:52  

I don't tend to reply if no one has a picture BUT only someone yesterday that don't even know me had the cheek to comment that my profile is not real ????

All my pictures (of me) are less than 12 months old, yes apparently I do look diff in all of them but hey ho I can't help that....

But I am what I am at the end of the day, I am like marmite...people either love me or hate me

Update Reply
X Beanz X @ 15/07/2012 10:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email