MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Profiles Without Photos

Profiles Without Photos (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Profiles Without Photos (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Profiles Without Photos

well from my point of view i think that as we all pay to be on here it should be up to each person what they have as their main pic.as long as they have a recent pic in their album somewhere does it matter???? i recently put a pic up which wasnt me and it was swapped in less that an hour.yet i have seen profiles(many of them)with really old pics,bikes etc etc as main pics and they dont get removed.how is that fair???its personal choice i think and also personal choice as to wether to reply when there isnt any pics

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 15/07/2012 11:14  

Hi zzrbabe42, if you see a pic with a bike on it, or a member with a helmet on it, as a main profile pic then it has slipped thro the net. I'm sure if it was reported by you, or anyone else who sees it, the mods would sort it out. Sometimes the member doesn't have an alternative photo to replace it, in which case the offending one would be removed and the member asked, politely, to upload one of themselves.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/07/2012 11:19  

Surely .. the idea of a profile picture is so the person can be recognised at a meet or rally .. If the person looks nothing their picture , How will we recognise them .

Update Reply
nitro70 @ 15/07/2012 11:28  

Dustin, I don't think your comments about what photos a woman should post would be welcomed on a school playground - but they're certainly not here. Please have a bit more respect for the ladies on the site. Thank-you.

For anyone curious about stats...

26968 male profiles
13491 without pic
= 50%

9281 female profiles
4135 without pic
=45% without pic

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/07/2012 11:55  

Thanks Matt we will never hear the end of this now lol

Update Reply
JP @ 15/07/2012 12:00  

Thanks Sandi for your tip and its original meaning. I did not read anything further into it. This is my opinion and that is all. An assumption that the majority of those without profile pics are men, was just that, an assumption and was not in anyway, in my view intended to lay blame or criticism at any individual.

I am aware that other sites ,that charge so much more than this one, do have rules about the main profile picture being an actual picture of you, or no photos at all. They do not specify how old the photo is just that it must be you.

Also you can have your profile on here without any payment being necessary, the payments cover additional features. The amount of photos that anyone user can upload also far exceeds any other sites I know of.

It is nice that there is a freedom of choice as to whether or not you have a profile picture up. There will always be members or guests that do not attend rallies but who like to be able to chat with or join in some of the Forum topics. There is as stated, and i agree should be very firmly defended, the right not to reply to PM's, Nods or otherwise for those that choose to do so.

There may be many reasons why a person may not want the most recent pictures of themselves up and that should be respected. My pictures are of me as I am now but, I feel hurt for Sandi for the references made to her size. Surely the way this has been commented on so much should be reason enough for anyone to see Sandi's choice of her picture.
It is however nice to see so many on here today. Wishing you all a good day. again this is my opinion only, I have not written any of this to cause any offense to anyone.

Update Reply
hurtz @ 15/07/2012 13:07  

Thankyou for that Matt.

Us ladies are on here to meet like-minded folks and share interests in bikes just as the men are, we aren't on here purely for display purposes.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 13:37  

Oh and thankyou Sandi for being kind enough to explain why some people may not be getting replies to messages, at least they can see your post and not have to wonder

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 13:43  

@ matt
yeah , you're quite right . Me referring to the female bikers (or 'ladies' as you put it )as if they're cattle in a meat market is totaly wrong . Doubly so coz most of this thread seems to be 'the ladies' bitching about MUTTON DRESSED AS LAMB.
For those of you that laughed ( probably mostly men) and for those of you that were offended (probably mostly 'ladies')
I humbly apologise
Dusty xx

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 15/07/2012 13:58  

No one mentioned the words 'mutton dressed as lamb'. Only you did and that's a nasty comment to direct at anyone here.
Not nice.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 14:48  

hmmm i cant see anyone that said that(mutton dressed as lamb) thats just plain rude.maybe some of you blokes who think any woman that is with you has to be some kind of eye candy should wake up and smell the roses cos none of us are perfect and its whats inside that counts (beauty is only skin deep)and maybe thats why some people are single(too much put into finding that skinny bimbo pilly supa model) pmsl

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 15/07/2012 14:55  

and yes i know some women are the same and too be totally honest i know there has to be an attraction but a person is more than just a face.theres about 95% to find behind that face thats much much more

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 15/07/2012 15:00  

OMG....isnt written word fun.....you can miscontrue so much from reading into things meanings which werent intended.......
For the record Guys - if you dont have a photo on your profile and message me i will reply if only to ask you for a picture! lol Dusty love sometimes you only open ya mouth to change ya foot! We are who we are... personally i cant see any reason to hide what i look like....having said that some people especially those who have recently come out of damaging relationships with confidence at rock bottom might not feel ready to take the step of plastering "warts and all" photos onto t'interweb! Can we not indulge them a little til they realise we arnt all Brad & Angelina and theres nothing to worry bout!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 15/07/2012 15:11  

Dam right we can Kwakgirl I have always said there are a load of resons for a girl to not post her pick bad relationships violent relationships the list goes on and some just dont what someone to know what there up to. I will be honest most fellas with out a pic just dont want to be seen by folk

Update Reply
JP @ 15/07/2012 15:18  

Dusty.... your post was actually reported to moderators by a gentleman from the site, not one woman has complained.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/07/2012 15:31  

On the whole the good people on BM are respectful of each other. Insults are not welcomed by any of us. Apologies should be accepted gracefully, then all is done and dusted. It seems the choice of profile pictures will always be a bone of contention. Personally I think the site rules should be adhered to as closely as possible, by at least showing a head and shoulder shot with or without partner. But for me I don't have a problem, especially if some one's profile shows them in a relation ship. Does it really matter to other folk what they look like? When it comes to an event and that person is not recognised by other members,due to no picture or a missrepresented image , then it is that members own problem. How many people here think they look like their passport photo? If I were an immigration officer, I wouldn't let me in the country. Sandi we know you and it's nice when you keep changing your picture and the same goes for everyone. Beanz I like all your pictures as well

Update Reply
davidneale @ 15/07/2012 15:56  

If I were an immigration officer, I wouldn't let me in the country If I were an immigration officer, I wouldn't let you in the country either Not defending Dusty, but I know a couple of lasses who have said that they aren't too fussed what a guy looks like, as long as he's fit, wiv a nice arse! And the ability to make them larf. But of course they wouldn't dare post such a comment. Let's me out on all counts

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 16:12  

for anyone in doubt,the 'george clooney' pic that appears in chat sometimes was a plant by eastern bloc agents out to discredit me.......all the rest ARE me,some a few weeks old ...........well ok danger mouse isnt or the great white shark,or denzil dragon or the badgers or hedge hog..................

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 15/07/2012 17:03  

. Matt .... Thanks for that Matt , good to know that some biker men claim to have a sensitive side. Personally , I think Shirley Valentine got it right when she said (after Costas kissed her stretch marks) "Aren't men full of sh*t. ". The"bitching about mutton dressed as lamb comment" was obviously directed at those 'ladies and gentlemen' attacking Sandi for, what they see as dressing up her profile with , what they claim to be , a younger looking photograph. I can't see the problem myself . And I can't see how it affects any of the 'ladies an gentlemen' on the thread.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 15/07/2012 17:08  

or fat freddies cat,or the 'finger'gnome,or death dealer by frazetta,but yes the rest are me.....personally i think some ladies 'profile pics may be out of date ,but i just love the way women mature anyway ,so new/ old ain't an issue for me,just ones with' tell you later 'on everything or no piccy.............show yourselves(not in a smutty sense,onnist)women of BM....love ,dirty old man ,jinx57....xxxxxx

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 15/07/2012 17:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email