MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Summer? Holidays.

Summer? Holidays. - Forums [Biker Match] Summer? Holidays. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Summer? Holidays.

Well as we are now in the Summer, and having to take 2 weeks off from work at the begining of August I need an Idea for a Holiday away, so Who is going where, or any suggestions of somewhere to go/ or where you would like to go? Maybe some place off your Bucket list? Tel.

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 13/07/2012 07:02  

Tel, how about Menorca, I love it there, so relaxing? Closer to home? How about the Yorkshire Rock and Bike Show at Squires Cafe Bar Leeds, 10th & 11th August? £10 prebook or £15 OTG. Quite a few other BM members will be there. (No I'm not on commission lol) http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2692

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/07/2012 09:59  

Sandi, August 11th will be the 12 year Aniversary of the RTA when I said goodbye to my Right arm function! Oddly enough I go to squires to meet other Brachial plexus Injured folk at that time of year as well (but on the 3rd-5th this year and I can't make it).

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 13/07/2012 11:08  

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/07/2012 11:19  

Hi Sandi, well I guess peeps don't go on Holidays? I thought there may have been a few more suggestions! I'm contemplating just getting on the bike and riding to Norway (the land of my Fathers), in fact I've been tempted to jack the Job in and keep riding as far as I can go! Shame there is always water in the way! Tel.

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 18/07/2012 06:36  

I've been tempted to jack the Job in and keep riding as far as I can go! Tel, did you win the jackpot on the lottery? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/07/2012 09:08  

Lottery, No. I just save for a rainy day, it rains all the time so the time must have come to spend! And I can't take it with me, no pockets in a coffin!

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 18/07/2012 09:19  

awww Tel, you sound fed up chuck, big hug to make you feel better Just enjoy the break and the ride with no restrictions on you

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/08/2012 16:07  

Hi Sox, yes I'm fed up! I've been at home today as expecting rain and the weather has been Hot and Sunny! So I'm bored now, so I've loaded the bike up and I'm going to head for Squires and camp and Chill for a few days...until the Rock and Bike Show arrives!

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 06/08/2012 16:26  

A great decision, Tel ! Some of us hoping to camp Thurs too ...so you won't have too long to wait!! Enjoy the scenery, Weds is usually a busy day there if weather half decent

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 06/08/2012 21:24  

Tel,
Sounds like a good plan....as for holidays i'm going to oz in nov so just might see a summer....just not in this country lol
Karen x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/08/2012 21:38  

Alice, I won't recognise you without a mouthfull Kaz, maybe our summer will start in November?

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 06/08/2012 21:57  

I do hope summer comes a little earlier than November :( Viking Tel if you get down my way (surrey) i am always up for a riding partner :-) so while you are off and want a run out anywhere give me a nod

Update Reply
Roughie @ 07/08/2012 13:40  

viking ,you've missed me by days then,i camped last week and part of this week at squires,camping area deserted apart from sat/sun when your group arrived for their meeting.great bunch overcoming disability with good humour and cider by the keg ,great people...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 08/08/2012 21:16  

i can afford to go on holiday for the first time in my life, and have no one to go with,how sad is that. my daughter will come with me if her cousin can come ,but she dont have a pasport,where do you wanna go !

Update Reply
susiesue @ 08/08/2012 21:27  

i can afford to go on holiday for the first time in my life, and have no one to go with... Hi Susie, I've only just seen your post. I was in the same position about 11 years ago, ended up taking my sister with me. We went for 5 days, seemed like 5 months after 3 days

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/10/2012 10:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email