MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Floods

Floods - Forums [Biker Match] Floods - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Floods

What a day,, now sitting in my kitchen with my wellies on, the small brook that runs near my house turned into a raging torrent and burst its banks. It was hard trying to walk accross the garden now its an acre lake. Its a bungalow and there is 3 inches of water in every room so looks like a big job to put right, worrying how much water is in the garage and what its done to my bikes. hope water goes tomorrow so can inspect further.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 06/07/2012 23:35  

Oh Sweeny nooooooo!!!

Big hugs

and hope you can get it sorted soon.x.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/07/2012 23:37  

Omg Sweeney... im so sorry to hear that, how awful for you.. .. i so hope its not done too much damage to your home...x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/07/2012 23:39  

Thank you for your kind wishes, every room will need new carpets, fridge and 2 freezers, washing machine, waterlogged. 2 beds, kitchen units, 2 dining tables. wallpaper bubbling everywhere, an acre of garden underwater, dustbin washed away a large metal one. In the garage are my 2 bikes a ride on mower my mates merc sports car oops. didnt get much chance to rescue much as only took 10 minutes to flood it was like the tide comming in

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 07/07/2012 00:02  

That sure is a lot of damage Sweeney, hope you can rustle up some peeps to rally round and help you ? Fingers crossed for you hun..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2012 00:16  

This must have been really horrifying for you watching this happen and heartbreaking seeing the damage...Good luck with the salvaging and cleaning up

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 07/07/2012 00:16  

You have my sincere sympathies mate Hope the bikes are OK A good wash with a hose should remove the worst if you're lucky But I'm sure they will come through it OK bikes are quite tough Unlike the house, what a nightmare Have you got "alternative" accommodation ?

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/07/2012 00:17  

I could stay with friends but my elderly mother lives here as well as i care for her but she won't move out while this is going on,Rooster Roo lives down the same lane so he got it as well but as his place is on higher ground he not got it as bad, will try what you sau emzed. man hole covers lifted off so water got sewerage in it ,,,nice

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 07/07/2012 00:28  

It's a real shame Sweeny, I really feel for you mate Is there any chance you could move the bikes up to Roo's ? Hope his bikes are OK If I were closer I would come and help Keep us posted, hope your mum is not too distressed Best of luck

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/07/2012 00:46  

OMG what a nitemare for you both. I hope you get it sorted out as quickly as possible and it's not too long before the house, and your life, is back to normal.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/07/2012 01:03  

Thanks emzed, Roo's garage about as full as mine, with bikes and maybe water to, good news is that only half inch of water now so levels dropping, unless we get more rain. internet keeps dropping poss due to bt box being underwater for a while, was a bang earlier think cordless phone unit blown. if get chance move bikes to mates tomorrow, wont be in garrage but rain water better than flood water,

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 07/07/2012 01:07  

Good luck mate, the sooner you get the "corrosive" sewage water off the bikes the better, before it dries preferably Nasty stuff that sewage water, rots stuff in no time as it contains all those horrid things people put down their toilets You wouldn't dream of washing your bike with any of it would you I know you have a lot to cope with other than the bikes, so I wouldn't want you to think that I am trying to tell you how to "prioritize" Just trying to warn you mate, not to leave it too long if you can help it If its only on the lower parts of the bikes a "jet wash" on low pressure should shift most of it I do hope that the rain abates and the water level continues to subside My thoughts are with you at this difficult time

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/07/2012 01:26  

me hopes you get it all sorted without too much stress and that your mum is ok Sweeny....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2012 01:56  

Good luck with it all mate, hope you can wash all the crap off and that your not under a hose pipe ban on top of all this! We had all this at work last week, rain slashing it down outside, the manhole covers inside the factory blew off so sewagw water was flowing around the factory floor, and then the fire alarms went off....We decided to give evacuating the building a miss, figuring if we caught fire we only had to step outside for 2 secondes and it would be extinguished

Update Reply
centurion @ 07/07/2012 06:33  

Really sorry to hear that, hope you manage to get it all sorted soon...and that your mum is not too upset by it all x

Update Reply
X Beanz X @ 07/07/2012 13:18  

Sweeny Todd and Rooster Roo I am really sorry about this happening and hope things are not too damaged. It makes wet events like Farmyard and Rutland water look like nothing. The rain only affected our enjoyment. Floods have a far greater impact on our lives. Hopefully things will seem better when the water has dried out. Good luck guys,

Update Reply
davidneale @ 07/07/2012 15:09  

I am touched by all these comments so many thanks. just about all cleaned up just got to wait for the insurance guys to come in and spray down the place then de humidify. the force of the water made a 3 ft deep hole in the lane and took about 4 tonne of ballast to fill it bikes seem ok so another bonus there, mum seems to be coping well so far.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 08/07/2012 01:18  

pleased to see its getting sorted and hopefully not too much damage to done.
Good to hear mum is coping as well

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2012 01:26  

I really feel for you, I know how it is to get flooded, I was on 6th June 2000

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 08/07/2012 08:02  

I really hope you can get back to 'normal' ASAP Keep your head up for mum and if there is anything I can do to help, just ask

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2012 14:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email