MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Floods

Floods (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Floods (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Floods

Sorry to read about your flooding - what a shame. I'm glad to see that things are getting sorted. I hope your mum hasn't been to distraught with all the stress, it must have been frightening for her. Good luck with everything

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 10/07/2012 18:28  

Insurance loss adjusters have been now so at least that will get the ball rolling, just got to find out how much work needs to be done

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 10/07/2012 23:36  

My folks' bungalow was flooded in 2007, the water only went an inch or so above the skirtings, but the insurance company insisted all "contaminated" items (read "everything") had to be skipped. Kitchen units, bathroom suite, wardrobes, all furniture and obviously the floor coverings had to go. All of the bottom 3 feet of plaster right through the house had to be removed, only then were driers used. Sorry mate, and i hope this doesn't happen to you, but they lived in a caravan on the front garden for 8 months, 'cos my dad wouldn't leave the property,(ins. bought the caravan, but it was only a tourer) It's amazing how local tradespeople's hourly rates instantly treble and house rentals go sky high when insurance companies are paying the bills after flooding.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 11/07/2012 00:35  

hmmmmm....I was working in Carlisle at the time of the floods in 2005. I was just trying to remember how long the skips were evident outside houses, and how long before they all disappeared...it was years rather than months I know there were lots of problems with cowboy builders...the area became a sort of klondike with reputable local builders all snapped up quick, leaving every one else at the mercy of scum who couldn't give a damn and moved in to take advantage of insurance money pickings Good luck , take care and keep your wits about you

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 11/07/2012 01:11  

Yes 2 very good points, i will watch out for them, best to be fore warned and prepared.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 11/07/2012 21:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email