MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

When are you taking your bike test?

When are you taking your bike test? - Forums [Biker Match] When are you taking your bike test? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

When are you taking your bike test?

For all of you who nagged me yesterday about when I intend to take my bike test.....................

I've booked an assessment at my local riding school for this Sunday morning!

As most of you will know, from 19th January 2013 the rules will be changing. I know that this is going to affect riders under 24 mainly, but if I take my test on my 125 before it all changes I will automatically have a full licence in 2 years (as I can't afford a bigger bike at the moment that suits me fine)

So is there anyone else who will be making sure they do their test before next January?

Update Reply
lisaj @ 02/07/2012 17:43  

well done lisa you will join the ranks no problem hun.

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 02/07/2012 19:42  

Thanks ZZRbabe42

I just need to get some overtime in at work to pay for it now!

Update Reply
lisaj @ 02/07/2012 20:17  

hmm i know that one.everything is damn expensive and they are trying to make it as hard as poss for peeps to get full licence.but i got everything crossed for you to do it asap.xx

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 02/07/2012 20:25  

But Lisa, that doesn't answer the question.

"when are you taking your test?" just give us the nod.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2012 20:26  

NOD!
You can stop being so cheeky BBZ

You'll find out once it's all over and done with. Or do I mean I'll find out when it's all over and done with?

Update Reply
lisaj @ 02/07/2012 20:33  

Just keep quiet dont tell him keep your Ls on then just turn up on a new bike. best of luck for the day

Update Reply
JP @ 02/07/2012 20:35  

All the best Lisa,go for it.

Update Reply
MG Bandit @ 02/07/2012 21:50  

Thanks MG Bandit

By the way, I've just found out Barnsley Bike show is on 29th July...

See you and Jayne there?

Update Reply
lisaj @ 02/07/2012 22:05  

I've GOT to get my license before next January too Lisa....not making much progress at the moment though. I haven't even been on my bike for nearly 4 weeks But definitely will get my finger out soon

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 02/07/2012 22:09  

Who was nagging you i don't recall any nagging lots of nodding but no nagging

Update Reply
cw @ 02/07/2012 22:29  

I don't know what you mean Master CW, are you trying to besmirch my good Character.

I don't recall any Nodding!!

Update Reply
lisaj @ 02/07/2012 23:24  

@
jpharley I think I'll take your advice and not be letting anyone know till it's all over

Update Reply
lisaj @ 02/07/2012 23:33  

Lisa, I'm trying! Sooo want to get it done before the end of the year
Third attempt at mod 1 this morning was a fail, however
Problems before were not getting up to speed on the manoeuvres. Today I got up more than fast enough but locked back wheel and had a minor skid. Thought I'd kept it under control and didn't drop the bike but the man said it was a major fault so a fail

Feel like I'm getting worse rather than better!!!

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 03/07/2012 11:15  

Keep going HRC, you know you can do it, just don't give up.

We'll celebrate together once we've passed

Update Reply
lisaj @ 03/07/2012 11:27  

I was meant to take mine last week (or maybe the week before...my memory IS bad) but it got cancelled due to heavy heavy rain, haven't rearranged it again yet but think I will stay quiet about it this time in case I don't pass it first time......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2012 12:12  

I want to get mine done by the end of the year, but its not looking very likely right now.
We will all get there :)
Im not telling anyone either till its done

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2012 13:17  

HRC Don't worry you are pretty well there. You don't really need to use much rear braking.
I don't know how you felt, but each time you take mod one, I think the nerves are calmer, as you know what to expect. The next one will be a definate pass Good luck Ang

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/07/2012 19:24  

Yes Lisa we,ll see you there on 29th

Update Reply
MG Bandit @ 03/07/2012 19:35  

Lisa, I really need to pass mine before October or I have to do another Theory and CBT and I just can't afford it. Who have you booked your assessment with? How much does it cost to do your test on your own bike? I did my test on a GS500 and did a course which cost £650.. there's no way I've got that kind of money to spend again, so it looks like doing it on Ziggy

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/07/2012 19:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email