MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

'A Day in the Lakes with Laffo' May 20th 2012

'A Day in the Lakes with Laffo' May 20th 2012 - Forums [Biker Match] 'A Day in the Lakes with Laffo' May 20th 2012 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

'A Day in the Lakes with Laffo' May 20th 2012

(If Laffo has already posted this event will a mod please delete this thread?) Meeting at Devils Bridge at 10.30am for 11am departure Ride through the Lakes up to Keswick for lunch then... ...down the West coast to Greenodd heading back to Kirkby Lonsdale.Any questions, or for contact details, PM Laffo. This event is on the calendar thanks to Laffo http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/b...397 Route: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=A683&daddr=Cros...m&z=10

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/05/2012 17:01  

Sorry working or im sure we would have tried to make it

Update Reply
carrie203 @ 15/05/2012 18:18  

Will try now, if nt there, go without me...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/05/2012 18:30  

Thanks Sandi, Done this route a while ago, decent roads, cafe, scenery etc... caters for all. I'll try to park near the entrance to Devils Bridge, but in any case look for a grey Fjr with topbox, look for the reg plate and you'll know its mine. If you get a chance come along as its well worth getting out of bed/missing church for. Scheduled refreshment stops, pm for further details/enquiries.Route: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=A683&daddr=Cros...m&z=10

Update Reply
Laffo @ 16/05/2012 12:19  

Me and Geordielass could be up for this Laffo. We plan to come to the Bridge sunday morning and run up to keswick. Are you planning to go to the Filling Station Cafe in Keswick for lunch? Cos Geordielass noticed on facebook that they are having an Italian weekend and it sounds good: "Italian themed weekend this Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th May at the Filling Station cafe on the outskirts of Keswick. There's a few Ducatis going (including quite a rare TT200), a few Guzzi, a classic 1950's MV, etc. They've even got a chef to lay on a few Italian specials over the weekend." We will both be on 125s so may be progressing at a bit too much of a pootle-pace for everyone else on the ride out, but we know the way so can meet up at Keswick if we drop behind Not sure if we will go any further than Keswick....maybe up to Cockermouth-ish area, cos it would be good to take in Bassenthwaite Lake, but the whole of the ride out is possibly a bit ambitious (well for me anyway)....but play it by ear

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 16/05/2012 22:01  

Minni n' Geordielass, Aye, Station Cafe is the eatery and a great one at that,

everyone is encouraged to ride within their own comfort zone, the link to the route map in the previous post is to help everyone get an idea.

To rendevous is much better than not arriving, a good rider imho will ride at whatever pace they are comfy with and my intention is to ride within and around the speed limits keeping the back bike in sight as long as the average speed doesnt inconvenience other road users.

Basically if you can maintain the prescribed speed limit when its safe to do so you shouldnt have a problem, see how you feel when we get to Keswick Station Cafe and let me know what you think.

Like you say, play it by ear, I get a lot out of encouraging folks and hope your "could be up for it" turns to a "see you Sunday"...

Update Reply
Laffo @ 17/05/2012 00:29  

Minnie! really!, hijacking Laffo's thread, you bad *tuts* and why haven't ya submitted said event to the BM calendar? Consider yourself rollocked Mrs. Please remember your camera, those of you who go to the Lakes with Laffo, take some nice pics for the calendar, pretty please? <<<grovelling smile (did it work?)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/05/2012 11:14  

Thers a chance me mate will bring his video cam, if not theres a few good picture stops.

Update Reply
Laffo @ 18/05/2012 00:07  

wots the reg no

Update Reply
havfun @ 18/05/2012 19:02  

L4
FFO

Update Reply
Laffo @ 19/05/2012 02:36  

Weather forecast looking decent for tomorrow ....with good visibility. Yeay! love those Lake District views (when you can see em!) So you recognise us, I will be on a silver suzuki Intruder cruiser coming from the Kendal direction & Debs (georgielass) will be on a red Honda Rebel coming from the Middleton direction....but I don't think you will miss us, cos... errr... well not judging by the double-takes this pair of nutters tend to get when we turn up at places I see Firbladejohn has put his name on the event...whoopee! hope he can make it

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 19/05/2012 11:50  

I see that Laffo hasn't put his name on the event....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/05/2012 12:01  

God, XK...you just can't get the staff these days can yer!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 19/05/2012 12:07  

Quite right

Right, now that me name is on the list I am deffo coming ok, lol...

Update Reply
Laffo @ 19/05/2012 12:44  

Cheers for the message, i would love to have come out on this with you but i don't think the constabulary would appreciate my track bike much :)

I'll be buying a road bike soon enough i hope so i'll be more than up for any future rides out, especially in the lakes, i used to love driving up there with the car club i was in.

Hope you have a safe ride tomorrow,
take care

Update Reply
Gibson @ 19/05/2012 21:10  

Thanks for the message Laffo, but cannot make this sorry.
Hope you have good weather and great ride out.

Update Reply
PaulXXX @ 19/05/2012 21:19  

I'll try and meet you all at Keswisk 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/05/2012 21:33  

Have a fabby and safe day out all. Enjoy x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/05/2012 21:42  

Nice 1, catch you all tomorrow...

Update Reply
Laffo @ 20/05/2012 00:06  

Laffo, I've replied to your PM, sadly I can't go anywhere cos Nellie wants me to stay in and admire the pre-loved washing machine he's just bought for me lol Please remember, those who are going, to take some nice photos.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/05/2012 07:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email