MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Reminder: Event photos guidelines

Reminder: Event photos guidelines (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Reminder: Event photos guidelines (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Reminder: Event photos guidelines

DNS - Domain Name Server - when you type in a web address it is the server that resolves it turning it into an IP address and forwarding you to the correct place - and the geek shall be setteth free wahoooooooo

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/05/2012 21:56  

lololol @ Jackies end comment xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2012 22:00  

actually the S stands for SYSTEM.

But you do get DNS servers... they're the servers which serve the DNS (Dynamic Naming System).

7/10 for effort though Jackie. Could try harder in future.

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/05/2012 14:20  

Ok i'll accept i am only 1/2 a geek

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/05/2012 14:25  

you may only be half a geek but your a complete Brummie

Update Reply
JP @ 18/05/2012 19:06  

still trying to work out which is the biggest insult!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/05/2012 19:30  

hmmm, lookin at my trusty old SLR an thinking just how do I upload a 36 shot film lol!!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 20/05/2012 23:31  

Andy, ask Matt. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ MATT SAID: We have thousands of new photos being added every week to the calendar and many of them really don't need to be. When uploading photos to the calendar, please think about the following... Duplicates - has someone else posted a near-identical photo? We don't need 50 photos of one person doing a karaoke! Quality - don't upload photos that are out of focus and unrecognisable Cropping - if you know how to, spend a few minutes cropping your photos on your PC before uploading Be Considerate - don't upload photos of people in a bad light, drunk and falling over at 4am! Have some respect for your BM friends. Would you want the same photo uploaded if it was YOU in it? Try to get permission from others before posting photos of them. Children - do not post photos of children unless it's you with your own children. BEST photos only - especially important at large events!! The calendar is NOT a drag-and-drop dumping ground for your entire memory card! If 200 people each post 200 photos - that's 40,000 photos for ONE event! Who will bother looking through 500 pages of photos? Just select your top 10%. If we all follow these basic, simple guidelines it will make the calendar much tidier and photos much more fun to look through. These aren't RULES before anyone accuses me of being an authoritarian again, just simple guidelines and good netiquette. Thanks -Matt

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/05/2012 23:50  

hmm thats me out then......I dnt take great pics and use lowest quality on camera as memory card not huge......

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 21/05/2012 12:20  

jesus man get a bigger memory card For 20 quid you get a card that will hold 10,000 images on a high quality setting

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/05/2012 14:47  

ROFL @ Matt calling Andy by my name 'Jesus' Have I been promoted to 'oh god'?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/05/2012 15:59  

My camera woz on telly. Flog it as it 'appens. Wot's a memory card?

Ref' the guidelines, I enjoy seeing people in embarrassing situations!!!!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 24/05/2012 10:42  

whats a memory card?stuff that ,what's a memory-mine self erased in 2009 and doesn't want to come back,hence flooding my profile with pics all the time,might have to ask for a compost corner to recycle them in....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 03/06/2012 07:38  

I like looking through the event pictures and as a newbie to the events, they can help to enthuse some of us into going.
I would not look through loads of pages, I'd probably loose complete interest!

I can not see the harm in guidelines anyway.. and especially when they are so clearly listed.

As a teetotaler.. ahem. I have no worries about drunken pictures but the reassurance of guidance on this helps.. I have no wish to see any evidence to the contrary.

on a lighter note...
Matt can I request that u go back your other profile pic. We could vote on which one, although I am sure of the one I liked best.

Update Reply
hurtz @ 11/06/2012 16:32  

lol which profile pic? I've had many in recent weeks - keep changing it to confuse people

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/06/2012 21:28  

is there any guide line to the amount of pics you can load.
just got back from the TT so have one or two pics

Update Reply
cyc @ 12/06/2012 22:37  

No limit on how many you can upload cyc, but save the servers a bit and try not to upload duplicates of the same photo.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 13/06/2012 03:12  

Please, no blurred photos, or ones where it's just backs of heads. The whole idea of the photo tags is so that everyone knows who is who, it's for identification, therefor no point tagging the back of a head or someone's backside.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/06/2012 22:45  

And no "nothing" photos (let's call them), of just random crap. Like a table leg or a bird. Take your top 10% photos and add them

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/06/2012 12:34  

but you can upload any piccy of me you might have

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/06/2012 23:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email