MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Reminder: Event photos guidelines

Reminder: Event photos guidelines - Forums [Biker Match] Reminder: Event photos guidelines - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Reminder: Event photos guidelines

Just a reminder to everyone as we're approaching the biking season....

We have thousands of new photos being added every week to the calendar and many of them really don't need to be.

When uploading photos to the calendar, please think about the following...

Duplicates - has someone else posted a near-identical photo? We don't need 50 photos of one person doing a karaoke!Quality - don't upload photos that are out of focus and unrecognisableCropping - if you know how to, spend a few minutes cropping your photos on your PC before uploadingBe Considerate - don't upload photos of people in a bad light, drunk and falling over at 4am! Have some respect for your BM friends. Would you want the same photo uploaded if it was YOU in it? Try to get permission from others before posting photos of them.Children - do not post photos of children unless it's you with your own children.BEST photos only - especially important at large events!! The calendar is NOT a drag-and-drop dumping ground for your entire memory card! If 200 people each post 200 photos - that's 40,000 photos for ONE event! Who will bother looking through 500 pages of photos? Just select your top 10%.
If we all follow these basic, simple guidelines it will make the calendar much tidier and photos much more fun to look through.

These aren't RULES before anyone accuses me of being an authoritarian again, just simple guidelines and good netiquette.

Thanks
-Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/05/2012 16:06  

Matt can we include this rule / guideline as well for he folks who do not want their photo's taken /published online.

Photos solely of other people - If you are uploading pictures of other people, please bear in mind that some folk do not like having their photos taken and you wouldn't want people putting your worst picture on THEIR profile would you? If in doubt ask them first.

Thanks

Update Reply
jabecs @ 13/05/2012 19:43  

comes under "Be Considerate" i think :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/05/2012 22:06  

I agree it should Boss Man but Jabecs is right, it doesnt hurt to remind folk :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/05/2012 23:14  

As I have said repeatedly, photos of children, according to site rules, are not allowed unless they are pics of you with your own kids. That is not what is said above.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2012 09:50  

updated, what we think now?

I've put - TRY to get permission from others before posting photos of them.

Why TRY? cos it's impossible to get written permission from everyone! I show people a photo on my camera screen, if they don't like it they can decide there and then and i'll delete it. If they nod their head or don't wanna bother looking as im showing them then that's permission in my opinion (and legally as well). I still go through all photos on my computer's big screen to remove bad ones

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/05/2012 20:30  

Have just tried to upload some pics from NABD 21 but when I try and click on the pics they keep jumping about and won't let me

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 14/05/2012 22:54  

haha what? Sorry but that must be your PC Would love to see this phenomenon though - dancing images haha

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/05/2012 23:22  

OI !!!!! it's not funny young whipper snapper will try again tomorrow

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 15/05/2012 00:45  

Right........ Google Chrome wouldn't let me upload the pics soooooooooooo went back to IE and re-downloaded the uploader thingy and Hey Presto pics are on ( my head hurts )

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 15/05/2012 23:37  

I re set my own DNS today, have no clue what or why, does that make me a geek ???

Nice one for doing it Anneka :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/05/2012 23:43  

Anneka - sounds like your Java engine might be corrupt. Go to java.com while using Google Chrome and reinstall/update.

Jackie - it does if you can explain to me (without google) what DNS does. If you (honestly) can tell me I'll buy you a beer (coffee, i know)!

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/05/2012 00:22  

DNS easy does not start

Update Reply
JP @ 16/05/2012 07:50  

ooo ooooo oooo I know, I know - jumps up & down waving hand madly in the air Boss Man, does this mean I get a beer???

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 16/05/2012 09:13  

Beer for me too Matt (please) lol. Cos i knows it also !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2012 10:32  

It means i can use email and internet lol

Therefore DNS stands for Dosses n Surfs :)

Need to get this right, or Mr Ken and Squashy will tut at me !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/05/2012 11:53  

lol so close Jackie yet so far away. Bless

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/05/2012 12:34  

You're all wrong, DNS means Don't Nag Sandi

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/05/2012 17:48  

lol that's the best one

Anyone else? lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/05/2012 19:10