MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Rally venue in Cheshire countryside

Rally venue in Cheshire countryside - Forums [Biker Match] Rally venue in Cheshire countryside - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Rally venue in Cheshire countryside

I was chatting to a very nice landlady who has a beautiful olde worlde pub in the heart of the Cheshire countryside, it is set in 4 acres, boasts beautiful food and real ale (I can vouch for this!) and is a free house (sadly this does not mean all the beer is free The pub is called the Swettenham Arms and is situated between Holmes Chapel and Congleton. The pub has hosted several car rallies in the past but the landlady tells me she has a soft spot for bikes and would be more than happy to host a bike rally. If anyone is interested her name is Frances and she can be contacted on 01477 571284 - tell her that Sharon from the hairdressers recommended it!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2012 01:55  

Hi Shazza we could call there on a ride out, it looks gorgeous and appears they have a ghost! http://www.swettenhamarms.co.uk/

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 05/05/2012 09:02  

Don't worry Shaz, Blackberry will scare it away.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2012 09:05  

was wondering where to go for ride out on the bike today decision made thanks Shaz

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2012 09:37  

Frances (landlady) Swettenham Village (01477 571284) Near CongletonCheshire CW12 2LF Opening Times: Monday to Friday: from 11.30am Saturdays: open all day from 11.30am Sundays: open all day from 12.00 noon FOOD:Monday to Friday: 12.00 - 2.30pm and 5.00 - 9.30pm. Saturday: Noon until 9.30pm Sunday: food served all day until 8.30pm.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/05/2012 10:19  

Im pleased to have been able to find a destination for your rides out Blackberry and Grizzleysteve! See what you think about it as a potential rally venue - I havent beeen to a rally yet (NABD next weekend!!!!!!) so not sure what im looking for!

Thanks Sandi for adding the details!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2012 11:50  

You're welcome Shazza. Oops, I forgot to thank you Shazza, for bringing it to our attention, thanks.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/05/2012 12:28  

I've been to the "Sweaty Arms" loads of times. It's absolutaley lovely. Last time I went I was on the bike with my stepdaughter. To be honest it seemed a bit "posh" and the food was'nt cheap from what I remembered in the past.
It used to be a favourite destination for all our old gang when we were younger.
They have a big car park and there is a garden to the rear donated by the founder of Jodrell Bank. (is that sir Bernard Lovell?). That is run by a garden society with rare trees and shrubs, not sure where the camping would be.
Shazza is right though it's a great Olde worlde pub and well worth a visit on a ride.
Some great roads round there too.
I want to go now!

Update Reply
clarkee @ 05/05/2012 12:53  

been past it loads of times but never called, next time i will!

Update Reply
bobbyfrankenstein @ 05/05/2012 13:03  

You have my attention!!!! I want to organise an event to raise money to buy a special chair for the ITU at Liverpool Heart and Chest hospital, me thinks i had best get on the case for a weekend do, thanks Shazzap you're an angel

Any ideas on dates for this year anyone give me a heads up please, a weekend when all available and not a lot on elsewhere would be good, oh yes and some sunshine!!!!!

Blackberry darling, sweety, sexy, lush lady, you gonna give me a hand with this please, please, please???? MWAH

Update Reply
wenders @ 05/05/2012 22:24  

Sunshine?? No wonder your address is never never land! Seriously, sounds promising

Update Reply
Wills @ 05/05/2012 22:35  

Fwiw, 18/19 and 25/26 August look free-ish.

Update Reply
Wills @ 05/05/2012 22:40  

Hi Wenders - sounds like a great cause - will try to make it to whatever event you organise for it and hope The Swettenham Arms is a good venue. Frances said she has 4 acres of land there and has held car rallies before so she could be a good contact for you. Let me know if I can do anything to help

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2012 22:42  

Thanks shazza i sure will hun, sounds a great place, just need a good date now so loads of peeps can get along to it, hmmmmmmmm brains in gear, well, will be when ive had some sleep, thanks again for bringing the pub to our attention.

Update Reply
wenders @ 06/05/2012 00:03  

Wendy we're thinking of having a ride there tomorrow if the weather holds, anyone fancy meeting us say for 12ish?

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 06/05/2012 10:01  

Now that sounds like a plan

Update Reply
Wills @ 06/05/2012 10:33  

I might have a pootle out there too if weather holds

Update Reply
clarkee @ 06/05/2012 13:36  

I wish I had read this earlier!!!! I would have come over to say hi instead of wandering around a car boot sale and clearing out my shed!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2012 15:39  

If the weather holds out it's tomorrow that we're going Shazza Will be more like 2 ish now as calling in at J n S on the way.

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 06/05/2012 20:05  

Not a chance of aug 25th 26th Wills, its my bday and its no bull rally wooohooooooo.

Update Reply
wenders @ 07/05/2012 15:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email