MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Opinions needed - Xmas Party

Opinions needed - Xmas Party  - Forums [Biker Match] Opinions needed - Xmas Party  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Opinions needed - Xmas Party

Previous xmas parties have been pub based tickets have cost £2 to £3 per person, with folk being responsible for sorting out their own accommodation food etc.

Have been offered an inclusive deal at a hotel in Blackpool which includes, 3 course xmas meal sat night followed by DJ and band, overight stay and breakfast on Sunday morning at £60 per person.

I think its good value for money but am aware that either way means extra costs for fuel and drinks, and the lead up to Xmas is never a time when folk have money to burn :)

So i am looking for your guys thoughts and feedback.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/05/2012 09:47  

Sounds good deal when you look at what you get just have fuel cost and drinks to add

Update Reply
JP @ 03/05/2012 10:05  

hmmm, as you say it is good value...But will it be the usual 'Christmas' Hotel do where you're in a big room with loads of other groups of people? Not that this is a problem or will it be a BM only crowd? Just wondering cos of what music the DJ's likely to play lol.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 03/05/2012 10:13  

BM only, hotel would be ours for the weekend :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/05/2012 10:14  

hmmm..tempted - it's just the £200+ it's likely to cost us...

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 03/05/2012 10:16  

Thats my only concern, the overall cost rather than the £60

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/05/2012 10:17  

Even though me and Stroggy aren't that far away, once you factor in the beer tokens as hotels usually have inflated prices, it could be quite pricey.

On the wahooo side is that it will be a BM only party, so I would be a "maybe" on this one..

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 03/05/2012 10:36  

Just food for thought folks, those of you who attended last years party, do a quick mental note to see how much it cost when you add up, food sat night, ticket money, hotel overnight and breakfast sunday morning. Just for a wee bit of perspective regarding the price :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/05/2012 22:19  

Its a good idea but once I added on drinks and fuel cost etc, it would be out of my price range

Update Reply
drobess @ 03/05/2012 22:25  

ill be there

Update Reply
baza 2458 @ 03/05/2012 22:43  

It's a good value deal but out of my price range. That's not to say it shouldn't happen but I suspect anyone living too far away would find it too much for a night out. Fuel costs are increasing, as are rail fares so makes it very expensive for anyone who needs to travel any distance.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 04/05/2012 00:47  

Sounds good to me. Definaely interested.

Just a thought, assuming the weather wouldnt be great at that time of year and Christmas is a few months away yet. Could a few people not get together and come in a car, sharing the cost, might make it more economic ?

Update Reply
clarkee @ 04/05/2012 12:18  

good point Clarkee and one I hadn't thought about. Hum, maybe it's doable after all.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 04/05/2012 14:30  

I enjoyed the xmas do but it would have been better with a later bar, i may be the only one, but i wouldnt want a meal and then go on drinking - would the meal be optional. £60 is not a bad price though, i would pay it :o)

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 04/05/2012 16:17  

sounds good to me but would all depend on whether i'm working or not as to whether i could attend

how about the regional events teams doing a "local" do and then peeps can attend whichever one suits (travelling or not, as the case may be)

just a thought

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 04/05/2012 22:15  

sounds like the dogs bollocks , crimbo is on a tuesday , so what date do you have in mind? .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 04/05/2012 22:48  

tis a bit far for me , done brum last year ............ and rode home at 3am , dont want ta steal your glory BJ , but would any one want a southen party as well ?

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 04/05/2012 23:17  

pardeeeeeeeeeee,i'm in

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 04/05/2012 23:36  

Southern party would be great although I know theres not so many to get together. Some people to meet more locally would be better than not being able to make it at all.
Great way to round the year of though.

Update Reply
hurtz @ 05/05/2012 01:41  

OOh just read blackpool, could go and visit some close friends, bring it on. Car pooling sounds a good way of cutting costs, if you come from an area with others that will go. I'd be up for it.

Just a quick question.. Would this be an adults only do? Just so I know if my likkle un can go and rough costs..

Update Reply
hurtz @ 05/05/2012 01:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email