MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Opinions needed - Xmas Party

Opinions needed - Xmas Party  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Opinions needed - Xmas Party  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Opinions needed - Xmas Party

Blackpool is quite central considering the folks from Scotland and N. Ireland who also want to go.

Creating a Xmas party for other areas is always possible but it takes a lot of coordination and someone to really pull their finger out and do it. If anyone wants to volunteer please feel free. Start a new topic (in General Chat) to gauge interest and then add the final details to the calendar.

That being said, if you make a long weekend of it in Blackpool (Friday - Sunday?) then it could be well worth the cost of going. It will be a great party in a location with lots of activities available any time of day.

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/05/2012 14:57  

Blackpool? lived there briefly.....what a hell hole...btw as i remember its dead as a door nail from november til easter...dont count on any "activities" other than bars being open

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 06/05/2012 18:58  

Kwakgirl is pretty much spot on, once the lights have been switched off in early November not a lot happens

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2012 19:02  

So why not an early chrimbo party so we don't miss the lights, not seen them since I was a nipper. Are they still as cheesy nowadays? Don't think theres much on in November anyways or am I wrong? With regards to £60.00, i think no matter where in the country the xmas bash is held, it will cost peeps that anyways with finding their own accom etc. Unless theres camping available.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 06/05/2012 20:05  

you`ll have to go early in Nov. Bomb, the lights this year go off on 4th

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2012 20:14  

Could it still be an option though?

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 06/05/2012 20:17  

I woud be more than happy just to walk along or ride alone the coastline. I love the chance to do this and that alone would be enuf.. As someone who does not have easy access to any coastal location, this will be good.

I have also been looking at other travel arrangements as I would be one of those that don't have their own transport.. Blackpool appears to be a good destination as it seems to be a place that a lot of the Coach companies go to, and on review, offer much cheaper travel options for those that book well in advance.. In fact in some cases much cheaper than car pooling.. Just another option.

Also would be a much better option in some cases allowing the xmas do to be a lot merrier.. with no risk of being over the limit..

Update Reply
hurtz @ 07/05/2012 09:20  

Hurtz - you wanna walk along the prom in december? bring your thermals girl....and an umbrella!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 07/05/2012 10:19  

I think £60 for one nights accom and a BM only venue at christmas is a good deal. Main expense is travel costs, you can cut that by car sharing, getting to Blackpool from anywhere in the country will involve passing other members home towns so car sharing should be possible for most people. I know Blacpool is a long drive for southerners but here is an idea: A couple of members share a car and drive from down south to the Birmingham, Nottingham, Derby areas, leave their car there and car share with members from those areas. Cutting costs and driving times

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 07/05/2012 15:09  

I have a mate who is a coach driver and based in notts if the south east and mids can get about 45 to notts could be a deal to be struck on coach travel ?

Update Reply
JP @ 07/05/2012 19:28  

Good thinking Old Un, see you do have a brain lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/05/2012 19:29  

Well you let me know if you need a number and we will see how it pans out ?

Update Reply
JP @ 07/05/2012 19:31  

i would be in if coach arranged otherwise too much money for me would love to come though

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 07/05/2012 20:42  

Went to the Borwick Hall do last Xmas, and the cost of Blackpool wouldn't be a lot different. And staying the night is a lot better than trying to drive home after partying. I would be up for it. John

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 07/05/2012 22:51  

I'd defo be up for this too!! been looking at prices for coaches, and if you book early enough you can get some good deals

Annie

Update Reply
Annie C @ 07/05/2012 23:09  

onions? i've got tons of onions hanging in my shed,how many do you want.....................wassat? opinions,bugger!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 08/05/2012 10:30  

Blackpool hotels usually put on a good time for xmas party,s, and £60 sounds good to me. count me in please.x

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 10/05/2012 11:33  

Few more opinions required please folks :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/05/2012 20:30  

bacon sarnies are better than sausage sarnies

Update Reply
JP @ 14/05/2012 20:40  

have to remember to put my glasses on . . . I thought you were after Onions for a Christmas party!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/05/2012 07:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email