MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Updated Wenders Wonderful Weekend in Snowdonia

Updated Wenders Wonderful Weekend in Snowdonia (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Updated Wenders Wonderful Weekend in Snowdonia (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Updated Wenders Wonderful Weekend in Snowdonia

Gonna come down on the thursday after work should arrive about 6ish.

Update Reply
rossi 64 @ 08/05/2012 19:19  

Oh oneself is getting excited now.

Wenders .... My ikkle bike has only a ikkle tank - so can we match a fag/scenery break on that run with a fuel stop too please (sorry to be a nuisance)

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 08/05/2012 19:23  

nice ice cream shop in Barmouth too... Mmmmm.. I was originally planning on going home on Sat afternoon but looks liek i may well hang around for the rideout then... yeah i hope theres a scenic petrol station too..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/05/2012 20:23  

Yeah peoples no worries about fuel stops, going to have a stop in caernarfon and there are also loads of petrol stations on route.

Allison, sorry no dogs allowed in bunkbarn and no, if you take your dogs you will be responsible for them the whole time, no dog sitters available

Update Reply
wenders @ 08/05/2012 21:07  

WENDERS Wenders you have gone to so much trouble and effort to bring this camp together for us all in beautiful Wales, I'm not sure if everyone knows or remembers that your trying to raise money for the 'ITU' at Liverpool Heart & Chest Hospital where your Dad made his recovery. At the time you noticed the need for another special reclining & gettyuppy (technical term) chair for recovering patients. SO, eventually i'll cut to the chase hehe. Wenders has purchased all the bbq equipment, refreshments, kettle, biccies etc - with the aim that proceeds to go to the charity fund for the chair, does anyone mind paying 50p per cuppa and biccies???? Also, I'm going to donate ladies earrings & necklace set; mans celtic chunky bracelet; ladies bangle all boxed, to be raffled for the chair fund - If anyone else would like to donate a wee prize that would be awesome. It's all for a good cause. Many thanks, Wenders appreciates all the support we will give to help her achieve a donation towards the chair.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 08/05/2012 21:09  

i will be there friday lunchtime

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 08/05/2012 21:15  

Thanks Bobkat you're a darlin xx

Please add your names to the list if ive missed them off..... Attendees:-
Bunkbarn Bobkat Kwisdeb Suzyamki Allison2011 Rossi64 Emdee Berniepan Pistonbroke72 Dustin666 Tiger Tim Knightrider1 zzrbabe42 xsuzix
Camping Wenders CW Rogerdodge GI Jane + 2 Kcsdata Poshbird + 1 Rossoandy21 WMF Panman20011 NeilD3 Possum51181 glyndwr01 newbikerchick + 1 Riggy66 ianT1966 Triumph67 Pedskull Sunset2 + 1 TK Stonesofyears Joebar Bandito12 + 1 Haljack Sumodwarf Cheadle nige Johno Photographer1 jimi123456 +1

Have put in an order for sunshine and warm weather
If you can't make it please take your name off the list so i can get a real idea of numbers, thanks!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 08/05/2012 21:27  

Please add your names to the list if ive missed them off..... Attendees:- Bunkbarn Bobkat Kwisdeb Suzyamki Allison2011 Rossi64 Emdee Berniepan Pistonbroke72 Dustin666 Tiger Tim Knightrider1 zzrbabe42 Camping Wenders CW Rogerdodge GI Jane + 2 Kcsdata Poshbird + 1 Rossoandy21 WMF Panman20011 NeilD3 Possum51181 glyndwr01 newbikerchick + 1 Riggy66 ianT1966 Triumph67 Pedskull Sunset2 + 1 TK Stonesofyears Joebar Bandito12 + 1 Haljack Sumodwarf Cheadle nige Johno Photographer1 jimi123456 +1 xSuzix + Diesel dog Have put in an order for sunshine and warm weather If you can't make it please take your name off the list so i can get a real idea of numbers, thanks!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/05/2012 21:29  

Oooops gawd im getting very forgetful!!!!

All those who paid me upfront for the original bunkhouse, i will refund you you're money when you arrive as everyone has to pay for bunkbarn and camping upfront on arrival, and as some are coming wednesday and others friday, wil get too confusing for my little brain to pay you're accomodation for you, so refunds on arrival ok Bobkat, Dustin66, Pistonbroke, Kwisdebs, Allison2011, Emdee, Suziyamki, Berniepan and skully.......

Update Reply
wenders @ 08/05/2012 21:37  

Saturday 19th may Rideout route......

Go from camp around 10.30am and head straight to Tesco in Portmadog to fuel up......

Rideout from camp
A498 to Beddgelert...half hour stop at Gelerts Grave and bring a hanky!!!!
A498 to back of Mount Snowdon, quick scenic stop
A4086 llanberis Pass to Caernarfon, half hour ish stop for walk about, loo, fuel etc
A487 onto A55 and then A5 to Betws-y-coed, coffee loo ice cream stop
A5 to Druid then take A494 to Bala, stop
A4212 to trawsfynydd, best bike road in Wales
at end of this road is a fuel station
A470 to Llanelttyd then take
A496 to Barmouth for best fish and chips ever!!!
A496 to Maentrwog then
A487 to Portmadog onto A498 for camp

Please respect each others capabilities, and, if you want to have a blast ahead at any time, please wait at next stop point for others to catch up....Most of all BE SAFE!!!!!!!

Anyone who is willing to be middle person and person bringing up rear please let me know, thanks!! Dont want to lose anyone in the wilds of wales lol

Haha oops best say please respect the speed limits especially going through villages

Update Reply
wenders @ 08/05/2012 22:08  

Sorry xsuzix just noticed i put you in the wrong bit, sowwieeeeeeee

Update Reply
wenders @ 08/05/2012 22:10  

Looking like my Triumph wont be ready for Snowdonia GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
So for the saturday ride out i'll be support car i suppose, unless a dashing knight on a big black steed offers me a pilly seat, but one with a back rest or a givvi box

Update Reply
wenders @ 09/05/2012 19:23  

Wenders I don't mind bringing up the rear. Ended up doing it unofficially on the last North Wales ride out. And if the party gets seperated in the middle, my Sat Nav will get me back to the camp. I don't yet know if I will have a pillion or not, But if not, after all the work you have put in, you are welcome to my pilly seat. It's not Black, but silver, but it is big, and it has got a big top box to rest against. John.

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 09/05/2012 19:42  

Awww thanks kcs, need back rest cos had spine op but know back box is just as good as a seat rest Im sure we will sort something on the day!

Update Reply
wenders @ 09/05/2012 21:33  

Please pay attention, all those staying in the bunkbarn, i have had to pay a deposit for the bunkbarn against damages, cleanliness etc. I expect to get this fully refunded when you leave, anyone causing damage or messing the place up will have to pay for the damages etc. Trusting you all to treat the bunkbarn with respect please, thanks

Update Reply
wenders @ 10/05/2012 15:48  

Wenders do we have to bring our own bedding for the bunkhouse? and is it all single beds? thanks.x

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 10/05/2012 17:06  

Yes Ally you need to bring your own sleeping bag etc, am going over tomorrow to see around again so will let you know if all singles tomorrow night, but i presume it is as it is a "bunk" barn so prob all bunk beds xxx

Update Reply
wenders @ 10/05/2012 18:46  

wenders...

I have an appointment to attend next Wednesday, so will now be coming up on Thursday instead.

Looking forward to seeing you again

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 10/05/2012 21:24  

would love to arive thursday but just found out I have a car colection from brighton, arrrrrr, see yall friday

Update Reply
rogerdodge @ 12/05/2012 22:03  

i am now not a happy bunny.i have to cancel coming to party.my baby has just started with a leaky fork seal so gotta take it in have fixed and gonna cost me mega bucks and dont fancy riding 340mls on it.so i cant afford it now.sorry guys but will see you all at next party.xxx

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 13/05/2012 06:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email