MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

How high will you go?

How high will you go? - Forums [Biker Match] How high will you go? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

How high will you go?

All of a sudden the price of petrol is immaterial, just finding some is the only requisite. Most of the garages have whacked on 3 -6p a litre. What is the most you would pay for a litre of petrol before saying "Forget it !".

Update Reply
Abandon-Chips @ 04/04/2012 18:51  

good question really !! i can only speak for meself.. so it might be a good idea if i did that .. i think im waiting for someone to say .. lets all boycott the petrol stations, im waiting for a rebel leader to lead us to uprise coz it is ridiculous and until then i guess il be feeble and keep buying it but please someone stand up and lead me to rebel!!! lol lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/04/2012 23:10  

The problem isn't so much the oil companies it's the government tax on it

As for price I dunno I'm surprised there hasn't been a strike already over it like we had years back. It's a bit like road tax I suppose as it's nowt to do with replacing roads. It almost costs as much to tax a range rover as a 25 ton truck errrrrr excuse me ?

I also don't think oil companies really give a stuff about Uk as China and India are needing more every year so why worry.

Update Reply
madscots @ 05/04/2012 03:41  

tbh I think we'll all just pay it cos we have to! I remember me mam saying in the 70's that as soon as petrol went up to a £1 per GALLON then they we're selling the car!!...they never did But I'm in agreement with Suzi - we need another boycott of the fuel depots again & I'm surprised it hasn't happened - we just need someone to lead us to rebel ...but this is the problem isn't it.....we always wait for someone else to lead us.....ooooooh why can't I be a rebel leader & not a rebel follower???

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 05/04/2012 06:23  

Its a pity i live so far away from work or i would not use my car with the ever increasing petrol costs, Im going to have to pay what ever it takes to get me there...

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 05/04/2012 08:05  

Until someone comes up with a bike that runs on fresh air or water and sounds like a bike I'll keep buying it. Bit like beer I suppose, we all bi*ch about the price but in the end we pay it.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 05/04/2012 09:09  

They have us over a barrel - cant manage without my car (havent got a bike yet) so will have to keep on buying the damned stuff!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2012 21:01  

The problem is the British public , unlike the the French nobody will stick together it s always the case of sit back and let somebody else sort it out. The truck drivers tried it on once and it failed because of lack of support.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2012 21:31  

Having paid £4.35 for a pint of beer saturday, £1.40 for a litre of fuel seems reasonable, how much is a "cup" of coffee at Costa/ Starbucks? Happy about that?

Update Reply
Abandon-Chips @ 08/04/2012 23:18  

It is getting ridiculous, but, sadly, as usual, all us Brits do is winge and moan and never do anything serious to make the government realise they cant keep banging us with extortionate taxes and we will just put up and shut up!!!!!!!!!

Im seriously thinking about the advantage of gas for fuel, although dont know if bikes can run on it????? Its expensive to get ur vehicle converted to gas, but as prices increase, maybe the cost of conversion would soon be recovered????? Although, knowing our government, if everyone converted to gas they would bang the price of that up!!!!!

Maybe its time for a serious, peaceful protest about fuel costs and taxes to the government????? And no bowing out for bribes of more driving hours etc!!!!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 11/04/2012 18:46  

how high will you go?????????iif i find out who left the gas cooker on till i lit my fag,it'll be how deep ...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 12/04/2012 19:39  

If I were to see beer at over £4 a pint up here I'd think the world had ended. But I guess Londoners don't have much choice so just reach into their pockets and pay up if they want to drink in a pub.
Same with petrol, the difference being that you can't go off to a supermarket and buy the stuff for half the price

Update Reply
Wills @ 12/04/2012 21:42  

Never mind London, I was paying £4 a pint in Aberdeen a couple fo months ago! Petrol in Herefordshire has just gone up to £1.43 a litre, hope it's much cheaper in Scotland when I am back in 2 weeks!

Update Reply
jimbee @ 12/04/2012 21:57  

when i were a lad,cider was the cheapest way to get lashed,now same way as lager,got trendy.now dearer than beer everywhere i know of.fuel prices will always go up,as supplies shrink,stash your pushbikes safely-they'll be needed!makes me larf when people drive round and round looking for the cheapest per litre price-duh.it ain't gonna run without it,dig deep cough up and ride.we all doomed,doomed.this has been a public service announcement.j57

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/04/2012 07:43  

p.s.have a nice day

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/04/2012 07:44  

Its not a case of how high i'll go-i hav no choice but to pay for fuel! Thankfully my new job is a 20 mile round trip and not a 60 mile round trip so the choice of bike or car is mine :-)

Have warned the clinical educator that its going to be bike mostly so she wont be too shocked when i turn up in my gear... Hav to say its going to be weather that dictates choice of bike or car tho-wet=car, dry=bike purely because i dont fancy my chances of riding up a river and over wet cow poo....

10 miles over a lovely moor to get to work lol

Update Reply
mizzi @ 16/04/2012 16:41  

6Ɗ" but she'll have to bring a box for me to stand on!!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/04/2012 15:48  

don't like heights that much anyway,over-rated compared to hidden depths.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/04/2012 17:41  

who knows eh?,crash and burn probably!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 19/04/2012 23:08  

I dont drive a car but have been wondering how long I can keep doing the 40mile round trip to derby everyday, I cut down to one bike a couple of years ago used to have a bike for work and one for fun but its just money money money and I dont have any anymore. How high will I go, not much higher I am only just ontop of things now if it goes up much more then I just wont be able to afford to go to work. I wont be able to afford a bike.

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 19/04/2012 23:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email