MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Begging on hands and knees, please someone help fix my Triumph

Begging on hands and knees, please someone help fix my Triumph - Forums [Biker Match] Begging on hands and knees, please someone help fix my Triumph - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Begging on hands and knees, please someone help fix my Triumph

Most of you know the Triumph T595 i bought end of jan this year has gone bang big time. So many people say they will come to look at it and fix it, but no one turns up.

I am totally gutted, had a crap year last year and this year is just going from bad to worse.

I would appreciate very much anyone who knows how to rebuild an engine to try fix trumpy. Been told could be so many things, including timing chain failing causing engine to overheat. I was riding it, steadily luckily cos was near montford bridge where cops sit doing speed checks, doing about 65 in 6th gear, revs died, then bang from engine then rear wheel locked up on me. I didnt come off it. RAC took it to dads on a truck, then 2 days later i tried it and it started, but i switched it straight off for fear of doing more damage. I don't have loads of money and bike garage say will be around £800 to fix, i cant afford that.

So, please, someone help me!! Sorry to sound so desperate, but i am

Update Reply
wenders @ 16/03/2012 20:21  

Aw bless you darlin- so wish i knew someone who could help. Thank heavens you are safe and sound huni. But if theres anything whatsoever i can do at my end just shout, ok love. xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2012 20:31  

Break it up, u only need some spanners. Flog the bits on fleabay - might get £500+ Put it towards a new bike. I just got a yam750 triple 1981 wiv only 18grand on the clock for £800! vgc. MOT, taxed.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2012 20:44  

Break you up with spanners XK!!!

So sick of the supposidly funny comments!

Update Reply
wenders @ 16/03/2012 20:56  

wenders where are u

Update Reply
JP @ 16/03/2012 21:11  

Sorry to say this wends but you are better off breaking it and selling bits on flea bay sounds like it wants new lump sox Hun x

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 16/03/2012 21:58  

Eddy Wright Motorcycles
11 Unit 2
Armley Road
Leeds
LS12 2DR

Tel: 01132 454 154
Fax 01132 426 432

Wendy - the above is the name and contact of a well established, and well recommended Triumph motorcycles dealer in Leeds - one of my old mates always uses them.
They sell and service and repair . I know you're a long way from them, but what if you gave them a ring, maybe spoke with their mechanics and see what they can advise.

Wish I could do more - but give 'em a try.

Good luck.

Julz.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2012 22:06  

oh Wends.. hopefully its not terminal, the triples are quite tough..

dont get too hung up on the wheel 'locking up' - it'll do that if the engine stops dead if you're in gear and dont pull the clutch in..

timing chain probs arent unknown but if it had been that i think it would be more obvious as there'd be all sorts of nasty noises going on.

chin up..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2012 22:14  

Wenders I have a m8 lives in Oz pretty handy with the bikes, will give him a shout & see if he can have a look

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 16/03/2012 22:18  

I thought Eddy Wright had stopped being a Triumph dealer. Last time I was in there (2008) that's what I got told. Been on their website and it is out of date Triumph wise too.

Update Reply
red_daytona @ 16/03/2012 22:23  

I presume they rolled it onto the recovery truck ok so like I said dont get too hung up on it being seized or drivetrain problem.. suddenly cutting out (and a backfire ?) sounds like electrical prob, especially as its started since.. did the AA look at it at all ? sounds like Noddy1 might be able to poitn you at someone useful?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2012 22:57  

So sick of the supposidly funny comments! Me too!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2012 23:08  

Hey Red - think you could be right - just checked out the 2 phone numbers I found for Eddy's- one of them is the number I've put on here for Wenders - and one isn't accepting incoming calls, and the other isn't recognised!
Yet the home page I found the info for wenders on appears up to date - with todays date/time everything.

I'm sorry Wenders, hoped it could've been of help!

Fingers crossed it will get sorted,

Julz.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2012 23:13  

Wends, try giving Woods at Abergele a ring.

http://www.woodsmotorcycles.com/

I bought my Daytona from them in 95, and went back every year for servicing and MoT's until I got my ZZR. They're a great bunch there, and I'm sure they'll do what they can to help or advise...

Keeping my fingers crossed it's not as bad as you expect...

xXx

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 16/03/2012 23:47  

It sounds like an electrical problem, unless you were running on nitro methanol with 50% nitrous it wouldn't go bang, that sounds like unburnt fuel entering a hot exhaust, hopefully when you started it up again it sounded normal with no loud rattles or clunks!
Simple ish things to check are dirty contacts in kill switch, same with sidestand and clucch lockouts, check all connections on ignition circuit from key to coils, if that all checks out and the spark plugs and valve clearances are ok then the ECU will need checking at the dealers.

Might be an idea to find an owners forum, it could be a known problem with a simple fix!

As I said if starts ok and sounds ok it should be mechanically ok@

Update Reply
YID @ 17/03/2012 10:30  

Thanks all so much.

Yes Yid when started it again sounded sweet, and started straight away, didnt hold start switch in long, pulled clutch in pressed start switch and she fired straight up. Will give a few a call that you great peeps have recommended, thanks.

Bike is just a bike but my dad bought it me for, in his words, taking good care of him and mum when he was in intensive care all those months, so it has more meaning to me than just a bike, i will never sell it in my lifetime, it has so much sentimental value i couldnt get rid.

Update Reply
wenders @ 17/03/2012 13:47  

Wenders.. check your PMs - i've sent you a link to several offers of help..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2012 13:55  

yeah Neil just seen!!!! And can i say im feckin overwhelmed by the amount of pm's ive received with offers of help!!!! Bloomin awesome you guys are, thanks sooooooo much xxxxxxx

Update Reply
wenders @ 17/03/2012 14:15  

Guy comin monday to sort it

Update Reply
wenders @ 17/03/2012 15:09  

Fantastic news. Fingers crossed you will soon be back on the road .x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2012 17:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email