MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Pink Floyd Brighton Run, Sat 3 March 2012

Pink Floyd Brighton Run, Sat 3 March 2012 - Forums [Biker Match] Pink Floyd Brighton Run, Sat 3 March 2012 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Pink Floyd Brighton Run, Sat 3 March 2012

Just a quick message to say thank you to Rossoandy21 and his lovely lady, Tuftyjohn, XJ and Oddjob and his lovely lady for an eventful day out.

Whilst it started as a "what the bloody hell are we all doing on our two wheels in this £%^$ weather", it pays to set off and perservere. Hope and a few prays later it clears. The gods were looking favourably upon us all and it did in fact turn into a super day in Brighton Pavillion listening to the delights of Danni Wilde and her band and a pub lunch.

Onesies were discussed but, but no one is admiting to owning one, even after a few pints! For those not in the know, its the adult version of a baby grow.

Thanks for a great day guys and gals, I hope you all got home safe and sound. Looking forward to more of the same.

LadyWho Flys x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2012 20:11  

just a quick nod to rossoandy for making the effort to get things organised. It was my first meet/run and i really enjoyed meeting those who came,apart from xj who refused to kiss me goodbye :) looking forward to doing it again without the waterproofs......

Update Reply
tuftyjohn @ 03/03/2012 20:23  

lol tufty! I didnt get one either...... Ye a great day out despite rain on M25.....we packed a fair bit in tho.. bacon sarnies at Oakdene Cafe Wrotham, where we met up with other BMrs...We set off along the M26/25 but had to stop at Clacket Lane to put on waterproofs(those that had them)....the spray on the Mway prooved to be a bit much so we diverted along the A roads which although drier added to our journey time....as did a sat nav that gets lost! grrr. We arrived at Rykas nearly an hour late but were very pleased to see folk had waited for us..thankyou.# A brief cuppa an on our way to Brighton via a very interesting A-B road route courtesy of fast lady thankyou! Was great ride down apart from heavy traffic in Brighton. We took a walk along the pier and made our way th the Dome where we entered via the museum (great stuff to see here if we had the time)...It turned out we were to enjoy free drinks and live music from the Danni Wilde Band who were very talented and sounded great. (not bad looker either) !lol The photos/art for Pink Floyd were cool...worth seeing and most up for sale if you got deep pockets...Ive got a few pics to post on the event. We went off in sesrch of food but found everywhere busy inside so setled for an outside wobbly table. Food was fine and beer good. We set off home independantly around 5ish..a great day BIG thanks to those wonderful folk who attended was a pleasure to meet U all. even some newbies too!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 03/03/2012 20:49  

i was still upset after oddjob threw his baffles at me on the m25, besides i don't kiss on the first date john. what andy forgot to mention was the number of times we visited reigate on the way down as his satnav went through a meltdown. was a good day, jolly enjoyable company and good riding once the rain stopped. ( i had waterproofs )

Update Reply
xj @ 04/03/2012 00:23  

ooh Oddjobs bike did sound a bit meaty after he spat his baffles out on M25.... Yee Reigate tour was a surprise lol...grr soz folks..

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 04/03/2012 07:30  

Posted my pics on the events page ....

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 04/03/2012 07:31  

Good for you not kissing on the first date XJ, lets hope Tufts respects you for it. lol. Oh dear lost baffles on the M25, circumnavigating Reigate which is not too hard to get lost in, its a one way system! In one way and out the.....laughing. Main thing is you made it and lived to tell the tale. As for my text enquiry wondering where you all where leading to upsetting a strange man's wife & a wrong number. Quite an eventful all round day me thinks.

Thanks Andy for uploading some fun piccies.

LadyWhoflys x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/03/2012 10:00  

well I for one enjoyed it immensly, thanks all.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 04/03/2012 10:59  

Jokes aside Andy, Sat Navs do not always send you in the most scenic and efficient direction. I guess it was probably trying to take you up Reigate Hill towards the M25. Going straight ahead away from the high street is a much more interesting ride with country views, wide road to overtake and a twistie that fun to ride. There should definitely be a scenic route option on all Sat Navs.

Agreed it was a super day.

LadyWhoFlys x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/03/2012 15:45  

Was a brilliant day, and great to meet a few new people too. Hope we will see more of you at future events. Thanks to all who came for making it the brill day it was, and thanks to Andy for arranging it all and getting me around safely.

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 04/03/2012 20:00  

aww bless WMF u such a sweetie.....

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 05/03/2012 16:00  

Photos here, thanks to Andy for them http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gallery.asp?event_id=2721

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/03/2012 17:31  

more pics uploaded!¬

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 05/03/2012 18:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email