MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

tailgating drivers

tailgating drivers - Forums [Biker Match] tailgating drivers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

tailgating drivers

open views on this subject anyone, as i drive a saloon car myself, and have noticed the last two-three years that this situation has become more popular , even as an ex towny myself, now living in the shires .

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 01/03/2012 06:44  

I would like to see a law passed against tailgating. With all the cameras about, it would be easy to catch the offenders. This would make the dozy buggas keep their distance!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/03/2012 08:53  

Yep just drove up the m5 from glost in thick fog seen a few with less than 50ft between each other doing 70 there is only 1 way thay learn

Crunch

Update Reply
JP @ 01/03/2012 09:04  

i quite agree tailgaters are a bloody menace to society it is actually illegal am sure its either DD or DWDCAA To say there shortsighted and narrow minded and selfish is an understatement,, id lock em all up

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 01/03/2012 10:37  

Kev, are/were you in the forces? The acronyms LOL DD = Dangerous Driving DWDCA = Driving Without Due Care and Attention

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/03/2012 10:52  

Boils my p*ss when I see people tailgating bikes, especially if it's a learner. Red mist moments... If cars want to tailgate each other...well, their own problem. Let 'em smash each other up.

Update Reply
SomeRandomBiker @ 01/03/2012 11:33  

Yes sandi i was how,d you know that... are you psychic?

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 01/03/2012 11:40  

Kev, it's all the blooming letters/abbreviations/acronyms lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/03/2012 11:45  

You should've said women's intuition...keeps 'em on their toes.

Update Reply
SomeRandomBiker @ 01/03/2012 11:55  

Sandi, you mean TLA's

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 01/03/2012 12:20  

I didn't think of that Magneto lol A? B D

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/03/2012 01:29  

Imagine being prosecuted for tailgating by camera when only seconds before some dickhead filled the gap you left for your stopping distance ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2012 18:19  

Would the cameras not record that? And the dickhead would get done for dangerous driving!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2012 18:40  

The cameras dont work like that XK thay only take 1 or 2 pics so as said your nicked I have lost count of how often I cant see the car van behind the truck. Please if your behind a truck can you stay to the off side and get a postion where you can see the driver in his/her mirror so we can see you aswell, I get really nervos when I know there is a bike behind and I cant see it

Update Reply
JP @ 02/03/2012 18:54  

if road conditions allow, i always do that, the benefits of that are twofold as you stated, drivers of LGVs know you are there plus you get a better view of the road ahead... re planning an overtake....kevkool

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 02/03/2012 19:24  

I'm not really talking about the yellow speed cameras, more the traffic flow surveillance cameras. They could zoom in to take the no. plates of the offenders.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2012 19:35  

Thay dont have a decent lens thats why there placed every 100 meters now there very cheap cams

Update Reply
JP @ 02/03/2012 19:40  

I had a couple of idiots tailgate me last night. Puts me right off atm, trying to build my confidence and then some eejit sits on my tailight...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2012 19:53  

also magneto ive been in a car and nearly got killed when an idiot behind didnt stop on a dual carriageway and ploughed into back of me a few years ago.... so i totally hate tailgaters and believe they should get their comupance indeedo but it aint te fault of the car in front they dont deserve to be injured or pressured by some idiot reet oop their aress trying to make them go faster or just generally thinkin they such good driver their reactions allow the speed of superhuman reaction times!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i also had it on me harley when running in engine and couldnt do more than 50..... cars are lethal weapons in the wrong hands....and unfortunately too many idiots out there think they own the roads and can bully everyone... they are probably like that when out the car too!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2012 20:03  

I hate Tailgaters, Had some nob head in a car last week right up my backside in a 30mph he then decided he didn't want to travel at the speed llimit and tried to overtake on double white lines!!!! It's times like this I wish I had put my camera on my bike grrrrrr.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2012 20:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email