MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

pm'ing

pm'ing - Forums [Biker Match] pm'ing - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

pm'ing

When you send a pm to someone do you get a reply? even if it's Do one !! or is it just me?

Update Reply
Mickf @ 17/02/2012 16:05  

Mick this topic has come up many times over the years, and probably will for years to come, unfortunately a lot do not reply to their messages, for various reasons only they know.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/02/2012 16:37  

I know some class this as a community not a dating site, but folk ork to have the decency to say sorry not interested in my book.
here ends the rant !

Update Reply
Mickf @ 17/02/2012 16:45  

tbh mate I answer all messages barring the one that was just wrong & he got blocked. Common courtesy costs nothing in my book.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/02/2012 18:39  

i guess sometimes MickF if you message a lass you may not have made it clear you fancy them ... you may have simply asked em soemthign or a simple conversation type message... BUT... they may not really be in a position to say "do one" if you have only asked em if they had a nice day?? pmsl.... we are all different, so forget the ones who dont reply coz they clearly aint interested and keep on messaging others

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/02/2012 20:54  

Loobylou hasn't blocked me so it's not one of my pm's then;
I wouldn't take it personally Mick. I agree with it being a common courtesy to send a reply even if it's a thanks but no thanks, but not everyone thinks like that. I guess some people might receive lots of messages and for them to reply to all might take ages so they only reply to the one's that interest them. Also, there's some people who don't log on regularly and may not even see the messages they've received.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 17/02/2012 22:51  

Nah not you Si, although avoiding blokes from Peterborough really ought to be on my 'to do' list!! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/02/2012 22:56  

I never got much responce to any PM's unless they were directly in relation to an event or post. I tried a couple of other sites a few years ago for both bike ones and none bike ones. I never got a responce on any of them either. infact I still have accounts on two of the big ones and in 4/5 years never had a single email or responce lol. So I just desided it was me and it didnt matter how good a profile I had or how good a message I tried it wasnt ever going to work. :) and the answer was just to get out meet fokes make friends and enjoy what was there.

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 17/02/2012 22:56  

tbh hun I've only had a couple of blokes actually come out and suggest meeting up. One totally fluffed it and seems to have dropped off radar since, guess he's a tad mortified, another wanted to meet up over christmas but I was away, said maybe after the hols and never heard back from him... meh. There's a couple of guys who've said about meeting up at events but we shall see. lol My reputation obviously precedes me; strong, independent, bit of a temper when riled or patronised!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/02/2012 23:32  

Hav to laugh coz i'll natter to anyone but i'm glad my mates msg me on here and fb-i never really talk to anyone except my grazza and my family lol!

Unless u count mad patients and even madder relatives! Hopefully everyone makes allowances for the bouncy mad mare that is moi :-)

Roll on first weekend in march tho....i sense a massive hug fest!! At least i hope i wont boo like a baby like i'm guaranteed to next weekend when i see my honorary kid sis again and at least this time i wont be booing in a lid lol!

Here's hoping lol xxx

Update Reply
mizzi @ 17/02/2012 23:41  

I do agree with Mickf about not get replies from nods, winks or hello's from some members but then again I don't feel its right for me to come straight out and ask "would you like to chat" or are you free or looking to date or what ever?

Is it because I'm old fashioned (or just old ). As Loobylou77's commented "Common courtesy costs nothing" For me not getting a reply back at all is worse than getting a "do one" back. Not that I'd ever send a message to get a reply like that, especially if your looking for a relationship of any kind even if it's just friends.

So,,, just what is an acceptable question or approach for a bloke to ask women in these days of equal opportunities? Why dose it seem as though the guys that still have to do the flirting, chasing or asking first?
Having been married for 29 years together for 30 to a woman only 5 years younger than myself (divorced for 2 years) we were both of the same generation. I'm NOT old, I'm just old fashioned with old fashioned values and manners. (some may have read my thread (We can still be friends to know a little more about me) I joined this site thinking it was more a dating site for bikers but I also know you get out what you put in to any group or club. I have received replies from around 75% of the nods and messages I've sent but it still knocks you back a bit when you say Hi to a few and they don't even look at you let alone reply and you know they are still active by seeing that they post in the forums.

The messages I've sent have been polite and courteous and the replies I have received have all been very nice (so thank you)

Therefore, may I ask ALL the ladies here this question;

Just what is an acceptable question or approach for a bloke to ask women these days ? Is it still "chatting you up" or flirting or the direst approach ?

Come on ladies give us the heads up

Update Reply
Big Fred @ 18/02/2012 00:21  

No hard and fast here, except if you pretty much ask me for a shag with no preamble or even manners with it you WILL be BLOCKED!! lmao Be yourself is a cliche, but if you make out to be a bit of a nutter and you're not you're in for a shock if you do end up meeting someone. I'm very honest, I am bombproof on the back, I am quiet to start off but if you think I'm going to stay quiet you're gonna be disappointed! Old fashioned...? No. But I have very little confidence round men once it gets to the 'hmmm I like him' stage - friends I can do easily, flirt, be the one the girlfriends think is trying to pinch them (which is NOT my gig btw), the lot, but actually turning round and fessing up...??? Way easier to keep them as friends, that I can handle!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/02/2012 00:35  

if you pretty much ask me for a shag with no preamble or even manners with it you WILL be BLOCKED!!
So adding please to the request so that there's some manners is ok. Anyway, what's wrong with us men in Peterborough, and when you next over this way?

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 18/02/2012 01:26  

Cheers Looby. Clear as mud in the bottom of a muddy place lmao

I'm always myself and yes nuts as in a funny way and having a laugh not wanting act my age.... Ahhh Haaa!! Therein may lie the problem lol However, I do have a lot of confidence around women and get on very well with them as they do me. In fact 3 or 4 of them are my best friends, without benefits I hasten to add !!!
Its just that times have changed, there doesn't appear to be very much trust out there and from what I gather having read profiles of women on other dating sites most women say things like they don't want cheats, liars or this damn word "players"... Nor do we guys. Maybe I'm out of touch or just too nice lol...
OMG !!! Hang on, I was used and played in my last relationship !! But that hasn't put me off of made me weary of starting a new relationship or friendship with someone new.
Oh well just go with the flow and experiences I suppose

Update Reply
Big Fred @ 18/02/2012 01:47  

Si, there's being a bit of a cheeky so and so and having a laugh and then there's basically being a bit of a knoblet... You know which I'm referring to!! I left Peterborough last July because my ex, well he's an ex for some very good reasons. Last time I was there, in December, I was asked to meet someone in College Arms and he stood me up. All dressed up, blokes eying me up and my date was a no show!! Was not impressed to put it mildly. Don't know yet, will drop you a line when I do.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/02/2012 02:01  

Should have dropped me a line when you were stood up. I'd have nipped into town for a drink, although not the College. Hardly the best pub in the area; lol.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 18/02/2012 03:32  

My phone does not like this site else I maybe would have. In hindsight it was kinda funny, I walked back to where I was staying, Eastfield, and a couple of blokes tried to waylay me... they backed off very quickly!! It's definately an advantage having a temper.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/02/2012 06:20  

one thing to remember re PMing people - if they are 'standard' members, they may not be able to reply.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 18/02/2012 09:14  

another thing to consider.... sum folks head is so far up there own a***e they dont know what day it is, gud manners cost nothing. lollol koolkev

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 18/02/2012 09:51  

@ KoolKev

Update Reply
Big Fred @ 18/02/2012 11:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email