MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

pm'ing

pm'ing (2) - Forums [Biker Match] pm'ing (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

pm'ing

College Arms and Eastfield!!! Just as well you have a temper with that combination; lol. You do realise that most women walking around the Eastfield area alone at night are working, if you get my meaning.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 18/02/2012 14:53  

So, if you fancy someone and you Pm them, should you be unsubtle and say "Alright sweet cheeks, I fancy you?" or should you take the approach as though you were in a pub and make general chit chat first?? for instance 'Weathers a bit pants isn't it?'

Update Reply
Big_Paul @ 18/02/2012 15:03  

Big Paul I'v tried both and neither seem to work these days. dont get me wrong I dont go for the "hay want a shag" line here but I have tried starting just an open chat "how are you" what films do you like " ect ect and I have tried the " "you sound or look great fancy going out for a coffee or meal somtime" and nither get a responce nor does been funny or trying to be catchy lol.
Thing is in person I'm preatty good at chatting to men and wemen I tend to be shy at first but once I get going everyone seems to get along and there always comming back for more.IT just I never meet anyone that was that intrested made loads of m8ts and stuff but they didnt really have the same intrests or outlooks, and these days I dont get out to many pubs and clubs my friends all got married had kids and where to busy and when I lived in Milton keynes you where made an outcast when you went out on your own. what with that and working 4 months at a time out of the contry it just bacame hard to meet anyone so I tried some of this here online dating. And that was much much harder and got me nowhere . I will say though I never once tried to be anything other than me.

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 18/02/2012 15:52  

i can tell by how a fella posts in forums or in teh chat room and what he looks like in pics if i feel i fancy him so its not just the message that counts its all sorts including the message lol, but i guess the message is a start and i think "Alright sweet cheeks, I fancy you?" is quite funny Big Paul, if it was tongue in cheek i would think it was funny.... but if you just came across as sending that to 50+ gals i wouldnt be too impressed us gals have good intuition and we are all different and i guess the ones who dont reply wont be posting here!!! so we will probably never know their reasons!!! i can never understand someone putting "no cheats or players" on their profile coz aint it obvious no one wants to date a player... do they really need to say it!!!! PMSL... i steer well clear of peeps who put that stuff!! I agree with looby just be yourself, ignore the ones who dont respond, coz clearly you wasnt meant to be with them ....general chat starting conversation is good.... nice bike etc, do ya do any rallies etc general chat and i believe it will make natural progression if its meant to but show interest... and dont miss the opportunity to meet... i always reply unless it seems like some numpty who aint got the hint previously when ive politely said you aint my type then i just ignore future messages im afraid....as the internet is rife with weirdos.... and im one of em hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAH and Big Fred i think NOT acting your age is an absolute bonus and a must ... for me personally anyhow... so never stop messing about and havinga larf if the above is total cr@p... i can only apologise for me humble opinion

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/02/2012 16:27  

Well thats interesting as iv recently NODDed to at least 15 females and the result was 7or8 checked out my profile ? and that was it ... i hear the words JUDGE ,BOOK, AND COVER, F***K me think i,ll take up basket weavin and increase the prosac dosage..... Lol koolkev

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 18/02/2012 17:33  

Well I'm glad its not only me. Can I borrow you book on backed weavin when your done

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 18/02/2012 18:02  

It happens the other way round too, blokes don't always reply either.

I do try and reply to all messages. I have missed some over the past few months as I have a couple of friends on here who I chat to a lot and messages can get lost sometimes

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 18/02/2012 18:54  

Hi Suzix Cooorrrr your lovely show us yer tits hahahahaha

ONLY KIDDING and not acting my age

PS. you can in-box me the photos lol

Seriously though thank you all you ladies for your input so far.

Update Reply
Big Fred @ 19/02/2012 00:57  

The other thing is,sometime you read a message as your about to go off line and think.."i,ll reply to that in a bit" however you never get round to it/forget.... dont give up hope,they may be palnnig what they are going to say to you...!!

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 19/02/2012 20:23  

** planning** even! how tired are my eyes!!

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 19/02/2012 20:25  

Turn this around, go on humour me, Fred... What's a lass meant to do? If we act normal we could be accused of not making it obvious that we like someone, if we do make it obvious we leave ourselves to people thinking that we're desperate or worse! We've tried to shed light - your turn now!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2012 22:04  

To be honest I don't see why NOT replying to messages is considered rude, it's not a right by law. I do understand what you mean, 'it's a dating site, and a site to meet people and make friends, so why wouldn't folk message each other, but I still don't think one should expect a reply. Some times it could be the person that we send a message to just doesn't fancy us and has no idea what to say so plays it safe and says nothing. No malice, or bad manners, intended. As for WHAT to ask or say, that's easy, with some folk, read their profiles and see if there's anything there that can give you ideas, their hobbies, family or job, if not tell them a little about you then ask them to tell you some more about themselves. Above all give it time, don't expect to get replies the same day you send your messages out, and don't expect to be in love within the week. LOL. Swap messages and / or chat in the chat room before asking to meet up, that way you can get to know each other a bit before meeting, gives you the chance to work out IF you want to meet up after all. Be yourself and be honest, oh yea, and be done with previous relationship and feelings for ex before starting a new relationship. Basic really. Oh yea, and probably best to meet up at a BM/public gathering, it makes most ladies feel more comfortable. Good Luck

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/02/2012 23:53  

Hav to say never treated this site as anything other than a way of collecting friends that don't fall asleep or shove cushions in my gob when i go on about bikes....that me and graham became damned good friends and have been together for the best 5 months is a complete bonus! If we hadn't have been good mates though there's no way we'd hav got together-yes he's gorgeous but never thought 'phwooaaarrrrrrrr' instantly....until a few months later! U really cant tell from a pic whether u will fancy someone when u see them and anyone that thinks otherwise are sadly mistaken...

Thankfully my graham loves me whether i have a snotty nose, whether i'm doubled up, when i look like the wild woman of wonga and when i look like plain jane superbrain with my specs and blue bin bag on....as well as when i'm made over like the sexy gorgeous kitty i can be when i feel like it (yer rite lmao)...

If any of us find happiness we're the lucky ones but i've found the best friends anyone could wish for on this site and i really would do anything for them if they needed me! Its nice to hav messages replied to but never expect or command them nor make demands of anyone-it may seem arrogant and there's nothing worse than having someone spit their dummy out...

Best of luck to all seeking that special 'somebody' but most of all enjoy the site, get to meets and have a laugh, make new friends and have a banter and when u least expect or want it u might just find a cracker that wants to keep u in spite of how mad, scatty and infuriatingly random u can be 0:-)

Update Reply
mizzi @ 20/02/2012 13:48  

Obviously sandi the choice to reply or not is with the recipient,, but hobbies come on , this is a biking site. whenever iv mentioned bikes to non bikers... thats it finito, the response i get bikes are dangerous end of conversation, usually my reply would be summat along the lines of .. yeah your point being, blah blah......00 kevkool

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 20/02/2012 14:14  

I don't understand your first comment Kev, are you saying that bikes are, or should be, the ONLY hobby B M members have? You say 'whenever I've mentioned bikes to non-bikers'... Again I'm confused, this is a bikers website, either we ride 'em or we pillion, or at least we should if we register to be a member. Folk who don't like bikes really shouldn't be a member.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/02/2012 16:45  

LOL Sandi I don't think Kev/
spaceboy4 meant that at all.
I'm sure he meant other dating sites
I understood completely what Kev meant.

Update Reply
Big Fred @ 20/02/2012 16:52  

thanx big fred i was speaking generally sandi

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 20/02/2012 17:34  

Yea but this thread is about BM members, not folk in general, I wasn't to know..ya nana LOL

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/02/2012 18:41  

yeah but females are females ??

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 23/02/2012 09:24  

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/02/2012 13:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email