MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

bum in the mud rally

bum in the mud rally (2) - Forums [Biker Match] bum in the mud rally (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

bum in the mud rally

Does anyone know if Coopers Beach caravan park is near the venue as i will be coming by car cos i can't ride yet lol and i aint got no tent...so caravan it is if it all near by....??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/03/2012 23:16  

yes , its only a mile or so , bring a skid lid , cos theres always bikes passin to cadge a lift

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 22/03/2012 08:11  

Just rescuing this from the 3rd page again!! Not to far away this one and should be lots of fun! Bring a lid if you don't ride, always someone happy to give a pilly! We need to get as many from BM as we can, to help make a team for the silly games

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/04/2012 11:50  

when and where to meet up ? friday night 8pm in front of spikes stall ?

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 04/04/2012 08:38  

Silliest game will be me getting there!!..

Update Reply
old red @ 04/04/2012 10:16  

Sounds like a plan to me Mic........Old Red your just silly, so won't make any difference to you Southernbelle666 be nice to meet you! if anyone else is thinking of coming to this give me a pm and we can sort out a meeting place Please if you are new or just shy, let me know you are going so I can meet and greet you. (I would hate not knowing you were there and miss you )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/04/2012 16:09  

This is only two weeks off now and I can't see anyone making arrangements to ride together. I am coming from Sydenham SE London. Will probably cross the river at Blackwall tunnel and then take the A12. However I am flexible and could cross at Dartford. HEALTH WARNING I will be on my classic beemer (26 HP) and probably won't be doing much more than 60-65 mph Has anyone got any places for meeting up on route, for me or others that are going?

Update Reply
davidneale @ 06/04/2012 16:25  

Myself and Old Red will be coming from the other direction, from Norwich and probably down the A11, but could do the A12 I think you will find Mad Mic and Simon1 will be coming from the Ipswich area. Let us know if anyone wants to tag along or meet on route Thanks for the reminder David

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/04/2012 14:05  

im riding a rat fireblade and wana meet with fellow rat riders /lovers
just wana know wot its like for camping,im sure it can get pretty windy being next to the sea.any advice towards that would b great guys,oh and its my first time there so if u see a shitty fireblade come say hello.......................heep er lit guys

Update Reply
ciaran fireblade @ 07/04/2012 15:32  

Hello ciaran fireblade, 1st post!! Welcome to BM!! This will be the 1st time I've been to this myself but talking to others who have been before, yes it can get cold and windy!! Mad Mic is the guy you should talk to.....he should be able to give you all the answers you need. I don't think your the only person coming from London, checkout the events page to see who else is coming, give them a pm (or anyone reading this and going, please pm ciaran fireblade) I'm sure you'll find a few to ride with!! Be good to meet you!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/04/2012 16:00  

Hi ciaran fireblade Welcome to BM, I am sure you will fond something to suite you on the site, plenty of events and a lot of good people to meet. I got your PM thanks, will answer later. I haven't been to this one before either. If you look at page one of this forum you will see that the site facilities are really good. If you want to ride with other rat bike riders, you may not want to ride with an old geezer on an old beemer . It's up to you, I am ok with whatever! But I did say my speed may be too slow for some people. What ever way we all go, I am sure we will meet up there at some point.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 07/04/2012 16:31  

Lets try and get something sorted for riding in together.
davidneale Via Blackwall Tunnel then A12 Could meet people at services near Brentford on the A12. Any more suggestions add below.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 07/04/2012 17:44  

bump

Update Reply
davidneale @ 08/04/2012 08:22  

David great idea I'll checkout our route and let you know where we could meet up with you. I'll ring Simon1 to find out his route and where he could meet up with us Anyone else going, who would like to ride in together?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2012 10:06  

ElliemayLooking at the map, it seems that you and Simon will be coming from the other direction. The point where our routes coincide is almost at Mersey Island. I will try to get people together from London, Kent and SE. and it looks like there are a number of people from your direction that maybe you can organise. So come on peeps. Who is riding to Bum In The Mud, get your name down and try to ride in with someone.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 08/04/2012 18:19  

Hi David, I've spoken to Simon1 today and will be meeting up with him around Ipswich and we could meet up with you guys before we cross over to Mersea Island, I'll know more nearer the time. He has also meantioned the Strood The single causeway which connects Mersea Island to the mainland is called The Strood and measures around half a mile long. In times of high tides, The Strood is covered with sea water and becomes unpassable for around an hour. High tide on the 20th is 18.30 but should not cover the Strood on this date, unless bad weather, high winds etc People riding to Mersea Island davidneale Via Blackwall Tunnel then A12 Could meet people at services near Brentford on the A12. Any more suggestions add below. Old Red Elliemay A140 to Ipswich, Simon1 A12 to Colchester Please add yourself to a route or make your own route for others

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2012 18:43  

I'll be coming from pirbright/surrey google directs anti clockwise on M25 so could meet up at Thurrock services

Update Reply
SPRINT56 @ 08/04/2012 21:49  

People riding to Mersea Island davidneale Via Blackwall Tunnel then A12 Could meet people at services near Brentford on the A12. Any more suggestions add below. Old Red Elliemay A140 to Ipswich, Simon1 A12 to Colchester Please add yourself to a route or make your own route for others: SPRINT56 coming from pirbright/surrey google directs anti clockwise on M25 so could meet up at Thurrock services

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2012 22:20  

People riding to Mersea Island davidneale Via Blackwall Tunnel then A12 Could meet people at services near Brentford on the A12. Any more suggestions add below. Old Red Elliemay A140 to Ipswich, Simon1 A12 to Colchester Please add yourself to a route or make your own route for others: SPRINT56 coming from pirbright/surrey google directs anti clockwise on M25 so could meet up at Thurrock services mad ~~~ a134 bury to sudbury to colchester

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 08/04/2012 23:18  

Looks like I'll have to come by car now, bikes not ready and I have promised the spare tent to sprint56 for the weekend!! So I will be looking for someone with a spare seat for the rideout Saturday!!! People riding to Mersea Island davidneale Via Blackwall Tunnel then A12 Could meet people at services near Brentford on the A12. Any more suggestions add below. Old Red Elliemay A140 to Ipswich, Simon1 A12 to Colchester Please add yourself to a route or make your own route for others: SPRINT56 coming from pirbright/surrey google directs anti clockwise on M25 so could meet up at Thurrock services mad ~~~ a134 bury to sudbury to colchester

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2012 10:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email