MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

using site on a mobile.

using site on a mobile. - Forums [Biker Match] using site on a mobile. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

using site on a mobile.

i often log in on my mobile, a nokia n8. i can browse the site no problems, but if i try to use the chatroom i only seem to get half the page, and if i try to send a pm or post in the forums my browser crashes. yet i can do all of this on other sites. anyone got the same problem or even better have a workaround?

Update Reply
xj @ 31/01/2012 23:45  

When I log in on my phone ( htc wildfire) I would need Jodrell Bank to read the writing

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 31/01/2012 23:50  

Anne you know you can zoom in right? Or use phone horizontal - works perfect on my HTC Desire HD. Wildfire is a lot older though.

Basically BM is optimized for PCs/Laptops and smartphones with a large high quality screen. It is not build for older mobile phones.

The forum and private message reply boxes are standard HTML forms on phones - if your phone can't use them then I can't help, sorry. Time for an upgrade :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/01/2012 23:58  

Hey I wasn't complaining just saying lol

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 01/02/2012 00:03  

i have a HTC sensation and when i use it on site if i double tap on a blt of the blue background it zooms in by about X4 automatically

Update Reply
nellie @ 01/02/2012 01:40  

I've used the site on an iTouch and now use it on the New iPhone4s and have only noticed one issue. If you turn the device to landscape you can't see the last line typed.

The Apple auto correct has got me into trouble once or twice thou.

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 01/02/2012 12:15  

no probs with my Sony Ericsson Xperia other than having to scroll around when zoomed in

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 01/02/2012 12:35  

scrolling mo problem on my Blackberry press B and it takes you to the bottom, press T and it takes you to the top, easy

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 01/02/2012 16:51  

My wildfire comes fine, in fact I'm on the site with It. Now

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 01/02/2012 21:35  

Hi xj , my n8 goes nuts too. I downloaded Opera mini from the Nokia store and it is an improvement but only in the way that stepping in a dog turd with your shoes on , is an improvement over stepping in a dog turd with your bare feet . Lol . Try to post . Will it be once , or lots of times ? ? . . Dusty . .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 01/02/2012 22:26  

hi dustin, i was thinking of trying opera on the way home tonight, but if it makes you repeat yourself that much i don't know if i will.

Update Reply
xj @ 01/02/2012 22:39  

some times your post doesn't post and yet hue ve write it out again

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 01/02/2012 23:05  

some times your post doesn't post and yet hue ve write it out again . You press post and nothing happens .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 02/02/2012 01:56  

some times your post doesn't post and you have write it out again . You press post and nothing happens .the only way to find out if the post was successful is to go back a page , then return .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 02/02/2012 02:07  

Opera for the PC does not like tagging Photo's, other than that I have had not problems with it, found it nice and quick.

Going to try Safari and Firefox but it's been a busy week at work.

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 02/02/2012 09:05  

I use firefox on the pc, i much prefer it to internet explorer. Have just put opera on the mobile, will see how this post goes, i just hope i don't end up with dustin's stutter.

Update Reply
xj @ 02/02/2012 10:13  

Wahey it worked, and only one post too. Cant do the emoticons though

Update Reply
xj @ 02/02/2012 10:16  

loving the dog turn on your shoes analogy

If posting causes 6 duplicates then you have a serious problem and should take your phone to the shop or contact your internet provider. That's really bad! It's a simple HTML form - pressing the button should submit the form. Your browser literally has to submit the form 6 times to post it 6 times into the BM database. This is nothing to do with how a web page is DISPLAYED - but rather how your phone/browser is interacting with websites. It's very bad and I would throw the phone in the bin if it did that (try making a payment for 100 quid on a website and see if you lose 600 quid!)

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/02/2012 13:04  

Should have suggested he buys a year's subscription ;P

It could be just that it's slow and so he keeps pressing submit though! It's not great no my Orange San Fransisco, I can see all the forum message or the poster and some, so I just don't bother ;p

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 02/02/2012 13:08  

I've revisited the nokia store and downloaded the latest Opera mobile. So far it seems ok . No floaty pages, all the buttons work instantly . I think I'll try a smiley.no smiley , .... I'm going to go for a post. Fingers crossed ....

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 02/02/2012 13:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email