MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Harder Theory Tests

Harder Theory Tests (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Harder Theory Tests (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Harder Theory Tests

"Apparently" my phone is a Iphone.. so will hop into the orange shop and see if they can sort me out with this... I often have spare minutes before meetings or waiting at the school gates so could could come in very handy! Thank you Pharoah!!
And thank you for the tips on NOT overanalysing the video clips.. I found myself the other day after talking about this all evening in here and on FB and on the phone (yes I was seriously stressed out about it) driving the car trying to envisage it as if I were on a bike.. I must admit to having a couple of "holycowwhatif" moments

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 29/01/2012 16:27  

Minnie and rockchicky - FYI I last took a theory test about 7 years ago, when I was training to be a driving instructor. I can assure you it is far more demanding than the standard test. And yes, I passed, with 99 / 100.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2012 17:47  

yus have to agree with Pharoah there - i was told that if you click too many times it disqualifies that answer as the system assumes you are just clueless and clicking hap hazard!!! I think if you have been driving for years you will know most signs and road markings and highway code!! i did mine on a monday morning wiht a hangover and i thought well if i cancel it now i will lose me money so i might as well give it a go and i passed!! the question bit is good coz you get to pause certain questions and come back to them if unsure while you go through the rest and the hazard bit well if you think its a hazard click i say coz it probably is!! tho it would be better if it told you which ones you got right or wrong i think!! I never did any practice coz i think it would only have worried me more - i think if you know your highway code inside and out like someone else said, "no bad thing!!" then its all hokey cokey......shame most of the peeps live round here dont seem to have a clue bout the highway code...inner city for ya!!! ...i only passed mine 7 years ago bt thankfully didnt have to do the swerve bit... phew and GOOOOD LUCK to everyone going for it xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2012 17:49  

I did mine today and even though apparently they tweeked it a bit last week (I think) it seemed pretty much as I was expecting from doing the mock tests using the practice dvds I guess if you have a bash at ALL the practice tests on the dvd you may be aware of questions that are different in the real thing....but then you run the risk of dying of terminal boredom don't you. I definitely encountered quite a few questions that I'd seen in the practice tests and I didn't do that many

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 01/02/2012 00:51  

sence or sence for the common , awarness of the road and whats on it around it in the distance and what could be thereon a different day or different weather conditions, bravo to virgo84 , al ldown to sence at the end of any day really dont you think , one and all??

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 01/02/2012 12:36  

Virgoboy wrote ''To me; making the theory test more difficult is more about generating more revenue... as many more people would have to re sit the test!'' I beg to differ Virgoboy. And I believe that all the elements of the driving test should be more difficult and test the applicant. I battle on the roads on a daily basis, in might I add a 7.5tonne truck with blue lights and sirens. Pretty large object you might think and hard to miss. However the reactions and actions of commuters or lack of are truly remarkable at the best of times. You only have to look at the statistics on road traffic accidents to see that something needs to be done to ensure that every driver/rider that uses our conjested roads needs the true understanding of roadcraft. And if that means making the theory test harder and ALL other elements of driving/motorcycle procurment; I'm all for it.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 02/02/2012 15:25  

I've had two daughters go through their car driving tests in the last 3 years. It seems to me that their tuition has been focussed just on getting them through their tests, rather than focussing on making them good drivers. Pass Plus after getting a full car license goes some way to addressing filling in the gaps but of course doing it is voluntary. I definitely think some of the elements of Pass Plus should be integrated into the main test

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 02/02/2012 15:35  

Reading and knowing the highway code a-z does not make you a better driver... it makes you a good learner!

Incorporating more theory knowledge into the practical test is in my opinion a better way way to solve the issue at hand.

Update Reply
virgoboy84 @ 02/02/2012 19:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email