MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

25 to 35?

25 to 35? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] 25 to 35? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

25 to 35?

Wot a gud idea - I'll check my diary...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/01/2012 09:04  

Seems like a reasonable idea to me and I can see the point LMF is making. I don't think she's trying to alienate those over mid 30's, but simply wants to meet up with bikers her own age from time to time, as well as joining in with events attended by a mixed age range. Ok, maybe she could have worded it slightly differentely but I'm sure she didn't intend to offend anyone.
XK, you wish.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 22/01/2012 10:19  

There are a lot of younger bikers on this site but we don't often see them at meets and rideouts so anyone trying to encourage the younger ones to be more active on the site should be given our support. Remember when you were in your 20's did you want to spend your weekends with the old un's

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 22/01/2012 12:51  

Lil miss Firestorm I'll be 36 in 6 weeks so play time will be short, I've asked my mom if it's ok and she has said I can play out as long as I'm back before it gets dark! :P
Seriously though, I was talking about this to Bobkat at the christmas party and I mentioned that I felt most of the folks at the party were at least a good 10 yrs older than me and that it would be nice if there were a few more folks my own age to chat too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/01/2012 18:40  

Oi Bluey, less of the 10 years. I'm only 9 years older.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 23/01/2012 02:40  

great idea hope you get loads of takers on this

Update Reply
JP @ 23/01/2012 03:26  

LMF im 27 would be up for it sometime.

Update Reply
Ho4701 @ 23/01/2012 09:05  

Only just seen this "thread". I can't believe the initial response LMF got for such a reasonable suggestion.
I have have a 20 yr old son, he has been invited by me, to come on a rally, many times....surprise surprise he does'nt want to hang around with his Dad and dads mates. I don't think I did at his age.

LMF, hope you get a good response to your suggestion and it develops into some good meetings and ride outs..

Got to go.......me Nan wants me to have a game of bowls......not

Update Reply
clarkee @ 23/01/2012 11:03  

Lil Miss

can whole heartedly understand were your coming from. Best way to find folk your age is go on full search, set your perametres and hey presto a list of folk in your area. You can also set up a Matchmaker alert for any new folk who join BM.

Hope this helps.

BJ x

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/01/2012 12:10  

Good idea LMF, another good idea might be to 'pretty please' Uncle Matt into PM'ing all members in this age range a link to this forum topic, probably the best way to get all those that have gone quiet due to the age difference back up and active again.... After all it's the younger biker members that are the future of the site..

Update Reply
old red @ 23/01/2012 15:41  

Little Miss Firestorm is not anti oldies, she spent a lot of time sat with us in the bar at Friskney

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 23/01/2012 17:10  

Thas b cos she wos too psst to move

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/01/2012 18:09  

absolutely brilliant idea! Can't believe i didn't see this topic sooner.

Now bumped onto the main active topics page and moved into the Events forum.

Please get something up and running (Any events staff able to help her?) and let me have the info. Once it's on the calendar I can email everyone within a certain age-range to bring it to their attention.

Again - brilliant idea, love it and thanks for contributing.

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/01/2012 19:09  

so does that mean you'l be riding with them Matt

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/01/2012 23:06  

Lil Miss pm sent :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/01/2012 23:11  

A few of us have offered already Matt as per the start of the thread

Update Reply
madscots @ 23/01/2012 23:14  

I'm at the north end of the bracket but factor me in!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/01/2012 23:28  

"There are a lot of younger bikers on this site but we don't often see them at meets and rideouts so anyone trying to encourage the younger ones to be more active on the site should be given our support."

I've had a search and the bulk of younger folk seem to be inactive members :(

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/01/2012 07:32  

Perhaps they shared the same sentiments as you Lil Miss but weren't aware they could be proactive about it Keep with it and it could snowball into something huge for you.. not sure but I think you can get a notification when someone joins within your predetermined search.. you could inbox them as they come.. introducing yourself and nodding them in the direction of your forum and welcoming them to the site.. Might work! You never know.. Matt might give all these inactive younger members a free week to intice them back Good luck!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 24/01/2012 08:20  

i go out with my offspring and we have a great time, but i don't for a minute think they'd rather be in my company than that of their friends.

we might think we're cool & down with the kids, but at the end of the day, many of those posting are old enough to be the parents of the 20 somethings, and in some cases, the 30 somethings (you know who you are!!!)

so good luck with this - i'm sure with the right support it will take off!
(but can anyone explain what "ffs" means?) lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/01/2012 08:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email