MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Zen

Zen (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Zen (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Zen

Must read .... Fly Fishing, by J R Hartley No honestly I did read something once, it was called 'The Riot Act'.... bum bum

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 22/01/2012 07:38  

Good morning Ann-Marie. I hope that this message finds you refreshed and rejuvenated after a good night's sleep. Thank you dearly for an invitation to your book club, an invite that sees my RSVP sent by first class post the instant it was received. I for one (respectfully to those that are of another persuasion) don't mind a profound thought or two (or attempt at), so club or list is fine by me. I can't recommend highly enough the mitch albom book i mentioned. It's a bit of a marmite book but, as is obvious, i loved it. I am! an over emotional old fool though and was drawn to tears on more than one occasion, it still remains a read that turned a light on in my mind/life that still burns to this day. (Despite it's title, it's intent is not to convert it's reader). Have a lovely day Ann-Marie. Best regards and warm wishes... ..icey

Update Reply
iceybusa @ 22/01/2012 08:33  

Icey xx And BD, somhow I dont think you taking this book club/list seriously ?... .. and as I am the founder, president and now, moderator and bouncer..... I will have to ask you to leave peacfuly ....... ...now off you and dont bother us inturlektuals no more !! to BD too (your comments were rather funny ) xx

Update Reply
missme @ 22/01/2012 09:17  

Feck me, MM, you scared the livin daylights outta me then ... thought for a minute, you of all people, was being serious till i scrolled down a bit more. I do like a good read though............. 'BSH'

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 22/01/2012 09:30  

Seriously, though, without getting toooo iterlektual
I'd love some book recommendations
I love my Stephen King, Stephen Donaldson, Clive Barker stuff as well as classics like Jane Austen, Brontes, Dickens, LOTR, Hobbit etc but am always up for new things

To me a house isn't a home without any books. You can keep your Kindles and ipads, a real book is something to treasure and shared. I especially love finding great old books in charity shops, and the ones I've read but don't want to keep get recycled back to the charity shops.

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 22/01/2012 09:42  

Ah Hippy RC.....I too just love going into charity shops and rooting through books As I mentioned before ...I am a book sniffer the kindle just doesn't cut it in that department ..... I have an antique oak bookcase with lead glass doors, all my books are in there.....it smells gorgeous ..... I will still be buying & recycling old books even though I now have kindle xxx

Update Reply
missme @ 22/01/2012 10:21  

Sorry, saw this post just now. Someone lent me a copy of "Zen" a few years back and it came highly recommended. Like others on here, I struggled with it and gave it back thinking "what a load of....".

I had actually read quite a few books on Bhuddism and both I and the lender thought it might be interesting for me. I have no plans/wish to read it again, although, it may be a good challenge.

Update Reply
clarkee @ 23/01/2012 11:22  

Credo and The Magus are good solid reading. Melvynn Bragg wrote them I think. (Don't quote me on that).

Read the one about five people but can't remember whether it was the ones you meet when you die, or whether they're the ones you meet in Heaven. Seem to recall something about a fairground and a rollercoaster but could have it mixed up with an eventful Sunday afternoon ride out to Stourport when I was a kid.

Decided to invest in Zen - bit of research on t'interweb. Went into town to see if the local Charity shop had it, but couldn't remember the name of the author. Our charity shop is posh - they display the books alphabetically. Then decided that as the author was a biker, I could splash out on a new copy so treated myself to a trip to Waterstones.

Have now purchased Zen - lovely psychedelic cover. Assistant in the shop asked me what it was about! I mumbled something unintelligible in response.

Here goes then. Another journey................

Update Reply
lawnmower @ 23/01/2012 15:27  

Moved to "products" forum

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/01/2012 19:13  

I splashed out on a book in Waterstones at the weekend too! They asked me to leave the store....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 23/01/2012 19:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email