MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Vote: The future of profile photos!

Vote: The future of profile photos! (7) - Forums [Biker Match] Vote: The future of profile photos! (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Vote: The future of profile photos!

So after 10 days of voting it stands at.. 57 votes- Only photos clearly identifying the member. 38 votes- Photos of member or with partner only, not groups. 9 votes- Photos of anything, I'm not bothered t'other 2 categories have so far drawn no votes. Rough percentages are 57 votes-59 percent 38 votes-39 percent 9 votes-9.5 percent My Question now is how long do we go with this, is anyone making a decision ?

Update Reply
old red @ 24/01/2012 19:12  

well said Old red

so it seams 59% want only photos

not as previously stated 90% only photos or partner photos

which I see as merging top two. where as I saw the options as single options. If it was meant to be option 1 and 2 as being the same then why is it two options

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/01/2012 19:30  

Well I think at the min Matt has more things to worry about than profile pics with the site on the verge of going tits up Dont mean it to sound snotty but its the way I type stuff lol

Update Reply
JP @ 24/01/2012 19:32  

The top 2 options will probably be selected as they have the majority votes (and to be honest it's the same policy that we have in place now, and makes sense)

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/01/2012 20:16  

so this has been a waste of time then as not many have voted and things will never change.

which is fine with me as i play buy the rules ............

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/01/2012 20:49  

Hi Loon, I don't think it's been a waste of time cos the discussion over the vote has helped to clarify what peeps think of the profile policy.....who or what are you praying for in your profile pic?

Buzz - nice to know you're not gay...& I'm not as dumb as I look cos I know Guy is a famous TT racer, he's signed up for Tyco TAS Suzuki this year.......ps. I think I preferred your old profile pic with Guy...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/01/2012 22:21  

Looks like Loon is praying for longer legs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/01/2012 22:43  

So 104 votes isn't deemed to be a waste of time!! Wonder what the percentage is on that number ?

Update Reply
old red @ 25/01/2012 00:10  

ok done ..... just for you patty long legs ..... i think the girl in my profile pic was a lesbien anyway :)

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 25/01/2012 00:58  

it deffently was't a wast of time it shows just how many of us are concerned about profile pictures, not many so though the odd one or two might complainer it does show that Matt must have it right or we would of had more reply's on here so lets leave well alone

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 25/01/2012 02:37  

How can having the oppertunty to vote on site rules be a wast of time ?

Update Reply
JP @ 25/01/2012 03:19  

Thanks Buzz, nice pic

Old Red - maybe the low numbers means that peeps are happy with the rules as they are, if they wanted a change then they had the opportunity to vote.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 07:36  

Loon i suggest you learn to read and as for playing by the rules ..........

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/01/2012 09:17  

YOU KNOW HAT YOU ARE ALL A BUCH OF ........... YOU FILL IN THE BLANKS 104 VOTES OUT OF THOUSANDS OF MEMBERS AND THEN THE OPTIONS BEING MERGERED TO ME SEEMS A WASTE OF TIME. AND BRUMMIE FOR YOUR INFO I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FROM DAY ONE AND THE SITE WORKED FINE TILL SOME MODS CAME IN AND TOOK OVER. I HAVE BETTER THINGS IN LIFE TO DO THEN SPEND TIME TRYING TO BE A SHEEP

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 11:14  

There have always been Mods on this site, so not sure how that has any effect

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/01/2012 11:28  

you can only go by votes cast if folk don't vote you can only work with the votes you have sorry if you don't like the outcome but that's how it works

Update Reply
JP @ 25/01/2012 11:43  

Patty, maybe the lack of votes is down to the fact that folk know they won't be listened to!! 59 percent outweighs 38 percent (at least to me it does). As Loon points out the first 2 options were seperate entities not a coalition, therefor if 59 percent of those that voted vote for pic of member only then the majority wins the vote. The way this has turned out shows the majority do not win, the staff apparently do. Personally I do not give a hoot what you put up as a profile pic, but the rules do state a clear picture of the member! This I have found in the past makes it easier to recognise other members at meets etc, as I stated earlier in the thread had it not been for me recognising Wills at Rivi Barn I may not have been here as long as I have, whether you class BM as a dating site or a social site it is without doubt a good thing if you can see clearly the other members on here.

Update Reply
old red @ 25/01/2012 11:44  

Red you are right that a pic of the person only has come out on top, but surely being able to satisfy 90% of the folks that took the time to vote is better than 54%?

Isnt that the majority?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/01/2012 11:49  

- Set as main profile picture. Only available within "Profile Photos" album(NB: Main profile photo MUST be of yourself, without anything obscuring your face Surely rules is rules.

Update Reply
old red @ 25/01/2012 12:01  

I think I'll bow out of this one gracefully now. Said my bit. The site will continue as ever

Update Reply
old red @ 25/01/2012 12:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email