MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Vote: The future of profile photos!

Vote: The future of profile photos! (8) - Forums [Biker Match] Vote: The future of profile photos! (8) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Vote: The future of profile photos!

Thats the rules as they stand now before the vote and the outcome.

So until 5 mins ago you were breaking them with your profile pic :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/01/2012 12:07  

Have to have my say. Some of the profile photos on this site look nothing like the person at all. Or to far away u can't see them. Don't agree with having pics of young kids on the net. Some dodgy people about and don't want them looking at my kids .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 12:10  

Matt changed it to that one cos I had my haggis pic up. So is the outcome going to be...Profile pic of member/with partner but not in a group? Just to clarify..

Update Reply
old red @ 25/01/2012 12:14  

Final decision is Matts so i know as much as you Red :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/01/2012 12:16  

Who you calling dodgy lol

Update Reply
JP @ 25/01/2012 12:17  

Oops maybe im in trouble again, but, isnt the point of a vote to obtain the majority vote??? Therefore resulting in a clear outcome of a winner????? If it was to be decided on a joint winner (ie profile pic on your own or/and with a partner) shouldnt this of been clarified before voting???? As has been pointed out before, if our decisions are not to be adhered too why ask us our opinions in the first place??? Maybe its because some site staff have profile pics of not just themselves so, the rules will be adjusted to suit them??? Maybe a lot of people haven't voted because it doesnt really matter to them whats on your profile pic because they dont choose their friends and/or partners on looks!!!!! Well, after all, you cant please all of the people all of the time!! Good luck Matt with your decision!

Update Reply
wenders @ 25/01/2012 12:17  

Thanks Red, the low number of votes may also be contributed to the fact that people can't be bothered to join in the chat forums & have their say........that's life you will find people moaning about stuff but when it comes down to doing something about it they can't be bothered.... It's usually the same few people who volunteer to do things & those same few people who take all the flak if anything goes wrong...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 12:18  

Just want to clarify something ....

As far as i am aware no decision has been made as to what the overall outcome is.

I merely stated in my original post that the majority of folk had voted for profle pic on own and profile pic with partner, which equated to 90% of the vote, i therefore suggested that maybe to keep the majority happy we could go with both options, i didnt intend to start world war three.

As for changing the outcome to suit staff out of 43 there are 3 who currently have pics of them and partner.

Just for the record, it would make life far easier for the Mods if it was only you allowed in the pic,

I find it quite amusing that some folk who have a staunch argument for just you pics, have broken the site rule as it stands, on more than 1 occasion :)

I genuinely wonder why i bother at times ..................................

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/01/2012 12:30  

had it not been for me recognising Wills at Rivi Barn I may not have been here as long as I have Wills has a lot to answer for... P'haps.with the benefit of hindsight, the options could have been made clearer. But does it really matter if the pic is of the member only, or with a partner? This can be taken as their 'date', which must be a fine thing on a dating site.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 13:27  

those who voted in the last general election... did you expect lib dems and tories to team up to form a majority?

Jackie has is spot on - satisfying 90% of people is better than 54%, and is more representative of what the members of BM want... it's pretty simple if you ask me, and those of you who are arguing are doing so just to kick up a fuss.

At the end of the day, BM IS still my site and I will interpret the results how I want and I will make a decision which I think is the best for my business using the results of this poll accordingly. So if I want to combine the top 2 votes to keep 90% of my CUSTOMERS happy then I will. If the top vote has 70% and I'm happy to only keep 70% happy then I will.

I don't think this needed to be clear before the poll, not at all. The poll clearly shows what people want and don't want (that the member MUST be identifiable, with or without partner - SIMPLE!).

And Loon... NO moderator or staff has ever ruined the BM. But you and I both know that a few members of BM have had a good go at ruining this great place (on and offline). Always remember - if you don't like the site or the people, go away!

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/01/2012 13:36  

Didn't this all start because several people were complaining about profile pics?

My main gripe with some are that pics are not clear and using XK as an example here, if I didn't know what he looked like already, to be honest I would struggle to recognise him as he is too far away (and before anyone starts... I am not having a go, it's just my opinion)

Yes, mine shows me and Stroggy, but also we are a couple which surely is a good advertisement for the site even tho we didn't meet through BM.

One of the reasons I changed my picture to me and Stroggy was because I was sick to the teeth of getting messages from blokes who cannot read a profile which says.... DATING, since I have changed it I don't get mithering pm's. The picture has had the desired effect for me as I use BM as a SOCIAL site rather than a DATING site

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 25/01/2012 14:10  

the only reason i voted on this post was because i accidently stumbled across it purly by chance . ive just gone to main forum page and i cant for the life of me find this post again, i can only find it easily from my profile .. IM SURE THATS THE ONLY REASON THERE IS A LOW TURN OUT OF VOTERS. maybe if this was put at the top of the page on the main forum page , there will be a major influx of voters ......

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 25/01/2012 19:47  

i voted on this but only found it in "active topics" forum so i agree buzz that is probs why not many voted or like others say maybe not everyone is bothered..... bt im guessin they may have somethin to say if all the pics end up bein of a tree or bus... pmsl..... instead of the members face...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 20:19  

Hey guys its in the BM website issues forums not general chat forums ok xx

Update Reply
wenders @ 25/01/2012 20:21  

Er..and what about all the 'standard' members who are making friends, getting dates, and not paying the membership fee for doing so? I have seen quite a number of such members recently! Get tired of reading 'Can't respond to nods, please message me..etc.etc...' In short, getting themselves a free dating / friendship site whilst others have to pay...? The site fee is very reasonable, so I think it's wrong to get away with paying nothing at all?! Why not make it so that when your 'sub' runs out, you cannot respond to messages till you pay up...why should those of us who pay, 'sub' those who won't, and want it all for nothing? (Probably get shot down for this..but, hey.......!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 20:22  

No reason to get shot down at all, you are entitled to your say, especially as you've paid your sub!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 20:29  

XK!!!!! Dont fall over in shock but.......bloomin fantastic comment young man

Update Reply
wenders @ 25/01/2012 20:37  

Gypsy, standard members do not have the same access to the site as you do, and can only send a very small limited amount of pms, once they have reached their quota they can respond no more, even if somebody pms them.

I agree that the subs are more than reasonably priced, but i know that for some on a low income its a luxury.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/01/2012 20:39  

its a good job , that something dodgy wasnt being said in the main chat room when it went down !! , ie wenders telling the room she just farted again rofl ohhh i can feel another slap coming on

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 25/01/2012 20:40  

young man Young man! Young man? Blimey, tis bin a while... But ta

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 20:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email