MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Stop the church bells!

Stop the church bells! - Forums [Biker Match] Stop the church bells! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Stop the church bells!

The church or cathedral near me seems to insist on ringing the bells every half an hour. It's not too bad... during the day! But are they allowed to keep ringing them at 3am, 4am, 5am etc??? Because they do! Every 30 minutes, BANG BANG BANG.... how are people supposed to sleep? You think I could do something to get it stopped? Its nice during the day, or on a sunday mornin at 11am when its nice tunes... but not banging at 4am! Anyone?

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/06/2007 21:33  

Ahhhhhhh holland i remember it well every where you are you can see the time Michellle shocked it 5am in amsterdam andthis is how I know not for clock on the digital radio 5 am in amsterdam lol ear lugs but you will get used to it and it will be a comfort

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2007 21:47  

I'd go mental, (I know I am already) it seems a bit extreme ringing em in the early hours If it was against regs/byelaws they wouldn't be doing it, surely? my advice...move! as soon as you can Matt aka Quasimodo lol "the bells, the bells, Esmeralda"

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/06/2007 21:53  

Bike shops over here sell really good ear plugs matt!! lol

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 29/06/2007 05:14  

lol yea thanks! Then my alarm wont wake me up haha. It is quite nice sometimes - but just when you're about to drift off, when your brain is just shutting down.... BANG! ARGH! lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/06/2007 06:42  

the bells......the bells

Update Reply
vmaxdeg @ 29/06/2007 12:42  

lmao you cant have everything lol at least you know what time it is dont let it become an obsession lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 29/06/2007 14:03  

its 5 am in amsterdam, is a bell ringing in my head i remeber you once said tra la la cant remeber all the words lol off the album fireside tapes or short sharp shocked

Update Reply
earthwind @ 29/06/2007 14:05  

Is that an admition of more embarassing music EW ?

Update Reply
Kate5930 @ 29/06/2007 14:51  

lol michelle shocked it might be but i still like her music lol saw her in hackney empire as well back 89 when i lived there lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 29/06/2007 15:42  

Matt, didnt you know that you had a noisy neighbour before you moved in then. ? i used to live in the flight path to a local airport, now that took some gettin used to, but after a while you got used to it, or you moved !! Mr Shaggy

Update Reply
Mr Shaggy @ 30/06/2007 12:00  

PML at noisy neighbour, reminds me of the time my son (21) was a baby, the woman next door used to vacuum up late at nite so I asked her WHY?? (it woke my son up and neither of us got any kip) she went on to tell me 'Well, I have to listen to your kid screaming it's head off at 2 and 6 in the morning' In the words of Rene from allo allo 'You stoopid wo-man!' that's what babies do!!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/06/2007 15:18  

probably crying cos of the vac waking him up lol. Only got a max of 6 months here anyhow, so hopefully will buy somewhere soon (Mortgage companies wont touch me at the moment until ive worked here for a few months)

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/06/2007 20:52  

go and nick the clanger out of it one night under the cloak of darkness!

Update Reply
Cinders72 @ 02/07/2007 19:28  

i had noisey neighbours saturday night but it was across the road and not next door !!!!!!! shouting at ungodly hours of the morning waking me up !!!!!! bloody neighbours lol

Update Reply
storm @ 03/07/2007 16:14  

well u didnt complain when u was here DID YA lol??????????

Update Reply
RC @ 03/07/2007 16:16  

i was the very quiet one !!!! red will back me up on this one lol RED HELP !!!!!! oh bugger red wouldnt have noticed me there

Update Reply
storm @ 03/07/2007 16:18  

you bloomin wuss storm....... yes u was very quite cause u always had a drink in ya gob!!!!!!! lmao

Update Reply
RC @ 03/07/2007 16:21  

yep i know mate i was sharing yours hunny !!!!! cos you was too tight to part with ya malibu i had to little sip yours and not have one of my own !!!!!

Update Reply
storm @ 03/07/2007 16:22  

you put enough mailbu in mine to get the whole street drunk!!!! never mind us to lol

Update Reply
RC @ 03/07/2007 16:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email