MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Europe Tour

Europe Tour - Forums [Biker Match] Europe Tour - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Europe Tour

Being new to this site l'm not sure this will end up in the right section so before l go on about my plan of a trip into France onto Spain the weekend July 7 lets see if it shows up on the site. Already l've wrote 2x and its not yet come up shown! Just wondered if anyone else was interested in being a riding buddie or a female pillion would do nicely to join me on this adventure and no it wont be camping but cheap digs save on lugging loads of stuff about that way. Well heres hoping this time my post is shown - cheers -- Mike

Update Reply
Grumpy old mick @ 28/06/2007 14:28  

it's here now coz i just read it lol good luck hope you find someone to go with you sound like fun. How long are you going for just for the weekend or longer

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2007 14:55  

hello Earthwind, thanks for the reply,glad my post worked! my planned trip is like something like this - l'm going for around 8/9 days since its a waste of time rushing to get somewhere not stopping to take a break. Three days out means three days return and l'd like to stop maybe more than one day in a place l liked to recover

Update Reply
Grumpy old mick @ 28/06/2007 15:00  

sounds great I am or was hoping to do something similar as this in august and I think it will be great is there anywhere that you are hoping to reach in particular if i had the money and time i would join you just for the fun of it but there must be other people who would like to do this

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2007 15:14  

You'd think there was would'nt you, the trouble is l find theres too much talk and not enough doing! at least thats what l'm finding. My route yes is planned over the top of France may look at reaching Portugal but idea is work anti clockwise heading to southern Spain my mate has a villa there Quesada (Torrivieca) though l'll have to work out the mileage/time scale. Be great if you could have come along maybe a short spin one weekend instead?

Update Reply
Grumpy old mick @ 28/06/2007 15:24  

Welcome to the boards Grumpy!

Update Reply
Di @ 28/06/2007 15:45  

i always forget to say hello dont i diane lol. yes grumpy be happy to go for a quick spin at the weekend sometime lol (you need to know though that i am a slow ish rider ) well not very very slow but not a speedy person lol where do you live then well what part of the country ?

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2007 16:13  

Many thanks Earthwind and Diane for your warm welcome l'll try to keep upto date and drop in on the forum on a regular basis and yes EW a rideout oneday sounds fine, l'll check my mirrors regularly lol Only kidding, l only ride fast in the right places even then only for a buzz then l'm back to being sensible theres too much traffic and speed cameras about to ride fast. l'm sure on that Trumpet of yours (mate has the exact same bike green) will have plenty of umph for most riders l'll try catch up via e mail with you sometime soon and arrange that rideout, maybe this weekend weather permitting - Mike

Update Reply
Grumpy old mick @ 28/06/2007 16:31  

welcome to the mad house grumpy

hope u have a great time on ur travels

Update Reply
RC @ 28/06/2007 17:00  

Hi Grumpy *waves* The trip sounds good, especially the Spanish part, I wish I had the dosh cos I'd love to go. I've never toured before, not unless you count Wales lol Kwak

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/06/2007 17:51  

It wont cost that much Kwak, l'm not only Grumpy l can be tight too the ferry return is about £50 your fuel is ?? well thats anyones guess depending on what your bike is,how you ride but l expect fuel is cheaper abroad than here, digs wont be anything posh around 20euro/night, the rest depends on your choice of food,your drinking habits etc and maybe your duty free shopping? though not much can go on a bike ! yes l hope it will go well the bike l'm sure will its a Honda ! lol no seriously l'll be going either way l've decided not to let another year go by, besides l have my aunt n uncle who live in Normandy so theres another stop for a brew lol

Update Reply
Grumpy old mick @ 28/06/2007 18:23  

Erm....Mick ya said PILLION, that's what I meant. My bike is permanently off road. £50? it may as well be £5,000 cos I aint got 50p lol Don't forget to keep a log of your trip and then you can tell us all about it on the forum when you get back, and loads of pics; especially of Spain (you could post em on kodak site or in bike chat forum so we can all see them.)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/06/2007 18:35  

lol kwak im sorry because if you never done a run would be an ideal opportunity. A match made in heaven as a pillion. If I win the lottery will send you enough to get a bike and go. ahhh grumpy we are going for a run on sunday going with my cozin and her fellai think hes going not sure yet afternoon from about one may go up to rivington but happy to meet you up there or call for you etc tyhen you get to meet others people as well. I know they are planning a run to france etc but think thats next year. I like to get out somehwere most weekends if i can although didnt go anywhere last weekend. Sometimes I think its all I care about going out on my bike lmao

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2007 20:00  

well if you enjoy it and decide to go again in august let me know lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2007 20:05  

Update Reply
boomboom @ 28/06/2007 20:40  

well u are back then lol what the pic

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2007 20:45  

hey you two Mr grumpy and boom boom are both from bolton do you know each other then? Its not a big place is it

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2007 20:47  

welcome to the site mate, hope the trip goes well. If you get chance, im in Eindhoven just up the road - pop in for a brew (If i get my new place soon then there will be spare bedrooms and stuff for you to stay over a night or 2).

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/06/2007 21:13  

you are cool matt lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2007 21:49  

Cheers for that Matt, your a star and yes l'll be in touch after l've booked my ferry and planned the route, yes a last minute thing though found some good deals so far on the ferries which travel at reasonable times too Since my geography is'ny very good l'd best look where Eindhoven is? lol again thanks guys / girls for the warm welcome -- Mike

Update Reply
Grumpy old mick @ 29/06/2007 17:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email