MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

2011 - Forums [Biker Match] 2011 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What will you remember most about 2011 (good or not so)?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/12/2011 14:54  

ooohhh ... Lots

Realising just who & how many good friends I have.
Making wedding plans for 2012,
A new job that I love
My kids becoming adults in my eyes ... yes I know they actually became adults a few years ago but I have seen them grow this year.
Coming to terms with the fact that just cos I dont see eye to eye with someone does not mean that either of us are wrong, everyone is allowed an opinion.

And thinking my membership is due up on Boxing day .... defo gonna renew for another year

What about you Ronnie ?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/12/2011 15:34  

I never wanna remember 2011..

Separating and divorcing form my Hubby
my very good friend getting secondary cancer

Roll on 2012

Update Reply
Roughie @ 11/12/2011 18:06  

Losing my twin sister...as Chrissie says, roll on 2012

Update Reply
clarkee @ 11/12/2011 18:11  

Meeting some wonderful people on BM and finding love.

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 11/12/2011 19:40  

Had a great year of events with Bm mates old and new, now looking forward to a new year of more events with Bm On the down side finding out how low somone will go trying to put one over on us yes you know who you are Then seeing somone I counted as a friend losing most of their credibility

Update Reply
JP @ 11/12/2011 19:50  

Meeting loads of fabulous people from this site

Learning to ride a motorbike and all the fantastic help and encouragement I've had from people off here

Making the bestest mate a girl could wish for, all down to the immortal words "I've got a trailer"! Steve, you're a star and you know... it's all just a big adventure

Making a really big and scary decision about my future

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 11/12/2011 19:55  

I will remember forever the way a friendship grew to something magical.. I will remember being so ill I tght my days were limited...I will remember the low point I reached..I will remember how leaving the job I loved felt...I will remember my favourite family member passing away at 99yrs old....I will remember finally giving up on finding love.. But most of all....I will remember love finding me... A roller coaster of a year for sure. I now so look forward to the future and all it may hold.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 11/12/2011 20:18  

Bad: Breakdown of marriage and living on my own all year. Finding out who my true friends were. Good: Getting back into biking after 15 year gap, getting a huge smile on my face every time i ride it, money well spent. Recently joining Biker Match and finding out that there are lots & lots of friendly people out there, restoring my faith in human nature. Best til last: My eldest daughter presenting me with my 2nd granddaughter "Phoebe" My daughter-in-law telling me that grandchild No 3 is on its way. HAPPY DAYS!

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 11/12/2011 20:18  

Being single AGAIN

Update Reply
ayjay @ 11/12/2011 20:34  

The very first KISS Rally and knowing that folk appreciated our efforts :) Plenty of good times with BM folk My Son Knowing that theres more good stuff yet to come wahooooooo Not allowing anything negative to carry across to 2012 :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 12/12/2011 10:59  

I'm adopting your last BJ, next year is a new year and god help anyone who trys to ruin it for me!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2011 12:44  

2011 A talented, lovely, genuine friend took his own life at the beginning of the year. I bought MacBeastie Through this site, meeting Starstaff, who is now my best friend at the Edinburgh Bike show and having a epic year of traveling Britain, attending rallies, touring and attending BM events. Even with the trials and tribulations, a friendship for life I'm sure. Loosing people that I had met on here, thought they were friends, and not knowing what I did wrong, this still smarts to be honest, however, as BJ says this is all being left behind when the clock strikes 12 midnight 31st Dec. Gaining fantastic new friends on this site. Greatly appreciating the friendships already forged that I value very highly. My wee shop - the gable end falling down through the roof, resulting in not trading at the busiest time of year - having the faith to believe everything happens for a reason. Being overwhelmed by the moral support I received from precious people on this site. All in all though, in the big picture of things it's been an awesome year and you always have bad along with good - I feel blessed to be living and look forward to the adventures that 2012 will bring. I wish everyone peace and love for coming year - Katie xxxx

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 12/12/2011 14:28  

Two weeks in Cuba.

Update Reply
Gizzmo7 @ 12/12/2011 15:06  

the lows : being on my own for 6yrs

the highs: finding this sight and making new friends

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2011 16:11  

The lows, as always, involve a few people being manipulative, vindictive and selfish, with the oddest of motivations, both in personal life and the workplace.

The highs include discovering the home of the jumbo cod, and all the connotations (babies arm included!).
Experiencing an evening in the company of Fish, and engaging in a little banter with the great man!
Some fantastic times with friends, old and new.
And last, but by no means least, the pinnacle, which was a rainy afternoon in Llandudno.........!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/12/2011 21:36  

Llandudno, top place! The pub outside the tram station had a young Cheryl Cole lookalike working there when I stayed there back in June. Plus a chippie literally feet away on the opposite side of the road, sorted. Low for me, the life support being turned off for my brother on my mothers birthday and his funeral being days before his birthday.

Update Reply
red_daytona @ 21/12/2011 22:27  

In 2010 I was made redundant from a job I adored and considered my vocation. At the end of 2010 I felt flat, old, rejected, dejected and an abject failure...but not for long!
The first of the bm adventures came at the end of January in Blackpool and signalled the start of just about the bestest damn year - absolutely stuffed with laughs, hugs and kisses. I've made so many fabby fabby friends on here and had the busiest social life. Oooooh and my lovely little bike....after years and years yearning to learn to ride, I achieved it...it wasn't easy for me but with the encouragement of my bm pals I fledged and we've been flying. By the end of 2011 I'd learned that my current job is a means to an end, and I now work to live rather than live to work...but more than that I've found the confidence and drive to try a business venture that would have been unthinkable for me a couple of years ago....I just need spring 2012 to hurry up and come so I can leap into the next thrilling chapter of the adventures of Min!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 21/12/2011 22:51  

Like many others, for me 2011 has been a mixed year filled with both huge grins and some amount of sadness and stress. I will remember the year for number of folks from here that have become good friends and that I have ridden and partied with. I’ve shared some fab ride-outs getting to parts of the country not previously explored. Great events like the Yorkshire Camping week-end & Pick up a Pilly Day both for the riding and getting together with folks. Soggy Moggy, as a great rally for the games as well as The Hogz and Lipstick Torpedo on stage on the Saturday evening, who were epic (shame it clashed with KISS)....I’ve got to see some kick-ass bands like Rush, Blackstone Cherry, Tull and Rival Sons as well as winning free tickets for High Voltage festival in July. The generally decent weather has made riding regular and instructing a fun experience although getting to do any watersports, my other passion, has no been so easy. It will also be remembered for finally qualifying to teach and getting more work in adult community education and seeing my daughter graduate from Cardiff in July was a high. Since then, meeting lady who shares a similar passion and values for the things in life that I do, with whom I’ve already shared so many memorable times. Best of all, 2012 has all the potential of being a stunner with what is pencilled in so far.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2011 23:11  

Getting back on two wheels after several years in April, joing BM to meet new people, going to the Kiss Rally, the first rally I've been to for many years with the added bonus of being there on a bike not in a car towing a disco, the success of the Autumn Camp, meeting some great people, and generally having fun.
On the downside, those bloody cockerals at Friskney; lol.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 23/12/2011 02:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email