MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Filling Station biker friendly Cafe, Keswick

Filling Station biker friendly Cafe, Keswick (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Filling Station biker friendly Cafe, Keswick (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Filling Station biker friendly Cafe, Keswick

Hi Lake Welcome to B M. Would you let me know the full address and post code for this venue please? I've just looked at the website and found it a tad confusing, I thought I'd got the wrong page. What are the opening times of the cafe? Is there anywhere to camp?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/01/2012 23:33  

Address gleaned from the You Tube Video site:-

The Filling Station Cafe,
Crosthwaite Road,
Keswick,
England,
CA12 5PR

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 01/02/2012 00:48  

There's a biker friendly camp site owned by bikers 4 miles up the road near Thirlmere Sandi...fancy it?

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 01/02/2012 01:00  

There's a biker friendly camp site owned by bikers 4 miles up the road near Thirlmere Sandi...fancy it?

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 01/02/2012 01:00  

Thanks for the address Scorpio. Thanks Minnie, I was asking so I could put the info on the calendar, for others, I don't do camping. OMG!! I've just re-read this thread and now I need to knit meself a blonde wig!! Senile dementia or what?!!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/02/2012 07:55  

Hi, sorry about the delay in getting back, I've been busy trying to get something sorted about the road closure outside.

Anyway, we're on Crosthwaite Rd as stated (just 150yds off the A66 roundabout at Keswick) and we have ample parking. We now also have outside seating for when it's warm enough to sit outside.

We're going to have a few themed weekends this Summer (Triumph weekend, Classic, Italian, Japanese, 1960's etc.) and of course a few ride-outs.

There's camping available at Thirlspot (as pointed out above) and the site is run by bikers. It's in a great setting next to the main road (A591), underneath Helvelyn and other mountains, and right next door to a fantastic pub. Here's their website link and a link to the location.

http://www.thirlspotfarmcamping.co.uk/

Google map of location (pub) http://g.co/maps/p5apw

We're also sorting out some other camping a bit closer, within walking distance of the town centre and our cafe. Once the website is up and running we'll post details but until then it's Facebook only I'm afraid (The Filling Station Cafe). If you would like to use our cafe for a meet up just say.

Update Reply
Lake @ 02/02/2012 19:34  

Clickable link http://www.thirlspotfarmcamping.co.uk

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/02/2012 23:58  

Bump bump diddly bump

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 10/03/2012 20:05  

Been meaning to call in here for a brew, last time I sent an email it was just about to open, saved the campsite link for refrence ta muchly.

Update Reply
Laffo @ 10/03/2012 21:30  

bump it back to first page

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 17/03/2012 16:57  

Today is Suzuki Day at the Filling Station Cafe in Keswick....and your weather report for the English Lake District is:....... Feckin Gorgeous!!!! Yeay....at last, it's stopped raining!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 18/03/2012 09:54  

Here's the link to their facebook page if you fancy a ride up into the Lakes with a biker-friendly hostelry to head for https://www.facebook.com/#!/TheFillingStationCafe

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 18/03/2012 10:01  

Bumping this up to coincide with Laffo's Lake District ride out. The Filling Station Cafe is having an Italian weekend This weekend is ITALIAN WEEKEND. Thanks to Mike Jones we already have a Ducati Supermono 570cc single cylinder racer, a rare Ducati TT2 600 and a Ducati 900ss coming on Sunday AND the weather forecast is looking good!Bring along your Italian exotica and enjoy our specials menu featuring Italian Tascas, Pasta and even a special Italian Burger. And of course, the best roasted coffee from Coffee Republic made with coffee beans roasted in Milan. https://www.facebook.com/#!/TheFillingStationCafe

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 19/05/2012 12:04  

I'm glad to see a new buisness in the Lakes that doesnt sell jumpers, boots or other tat.

Too many clone shops here, you seen 1 climbing/walking shop you seen them all.

Just what we need in the heart of the Lakes, a decent refreshment stop for those utilising these beautiful roads with lovely food at a very good price.

Long may it continue.

Update Reply
Laffo @ 19/05/2012 12:50  

Just looked up "Italian tasca" cos I didn't know what it was....it's an Italian bread pocket filled with yummy stuff....right, that's the one for me! And saw somewhere else....Tiramisu.....phwaoar!!!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 19/05/2012 13:00  

bump

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/06/2012 21:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email