MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

? for the ladies regarding bike leathers

? for the ladies regarding bike leathers - Forums [Biker Match] ? for the ladies regarding bike leathers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

? for the ladies regarding bike leathers

Hi everyone,
I have a question to put to you ladies....
When you've bought bike leathers, do you get your exact size? or go for a size bigger?

I've never wore bike leathers, never mind bought any before, I've had a look at some on ebay (always hunting for a bargain ) & not sure to get my exact size or opt for next size up

Any help greatly appreciated

Love & Peace
Angel x

Update Reply
angelcake71 @ 01/11/2011 10:54  

Hi AC. You want leather to be a second skin, it should to tight to your skin for it to do its job properly in a accident, if you side down the road lose leathers will catch on the tarmac and can rip. And the added bonus with ladies wearing tight fitting leathers, is for us blokes when we're riding behind you.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 01/11/2011 11:19  

Hiya Ragnar,
Your reply has certainly made me giggle

I totally understand what your saying from a safety point of view, I don't know if it's the same when it comes to the mens leathers...but say there's a set of ladies leathers, the label says size 14, are they going to be a proper size 14, or do they come up smaller & more like a size 12-14.
I'm a size 14, & I'm at a loss to whether a size 14 or go for a 16 cause they come up smaller, if you get what I mean lol

Very nice reply I have to say

Update Reply
angelcake71 @ 01/11/2011 11:33  

Hi angel - you need to try them on because invariably all makes will differ as to how they'll fit... dainese are apparently on the small side and are designed for midgets like me but not really sure whether i could make the leap from textiles to leathers and i think i'd struggle getting a set to fit properly without me looking like a toy sized power ranger.... Ragnar ur deprived but lol

Update Reply
mizzi @ 01/11/2011 11:43  

Hi Mizzi,
Thanks for your reply It's a bit hard trying them on as I'm hoping to snag a bargain off ebay, think I'll have to make sure I ask the sellers to send me detailed measurements, hopefully then I should be able to tell if they would fit or not.

I'm sure you wouldn't look like a toy sized power ranger in leathers, I have a thing for leather so it's got to be the bike leathers for me.

Update Reply
angelcake71 @ 01/11/2011 12:05  

Oh sod it I'll stick me tuppence worth in
I've bought two sets of leathers off flea bay, I was a 16 so I bought a 16 Frank thomas set, perfect fit Lost weight so bought another set size 14 Hein Gericke , perfect fit I'd say go for your usual size n if they dont fit, put em straight back on flea bay! nothing ventured nothing gained

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 01/11/2011 12:19  

i agree the lf
and lol at reg 1 u wouldent miss my bum if you were at the back of me lol

Update Reply
kaycat @ 01/11/2011 12:30  

Thank you LF & KC that is true I guess, I could always resell them.

So LF you found Frank Thomas & Hein Gericke leather sets to be decent sizing, that is good to know, I'm watching a few sets at the moment so I will keep that in mind.
Thank you ladies

Update Reply
angelcake71 @ 01/11/2011 12:38  

errr angle who u caling a lady lol lol lol

Update Reply
kaycat @ 01/11/2011 12:40  

ha ha ha lol Kaycat, I do apologize

I'm like that if anyone calls me a lady, I say I'm no lady but I'm all woman

Update Reply
angelcake71 @ 01/11/2011 13:13  

OI! never been a lady angel! what ya tryin to do! I have a name to live up to ya know lol good luck with the leather thingy and yer welcome !!

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 01/11/2011 13:35  

I take the word lady back so thank you gals

Update Reply
angelcake71 @ 01/11/2011 13:39  

Lol I agree size wise I have several sets due to dropping 3 sizes this year, quality leathers like HG I have found fit true to size ...

If unsure you can always spot what you want then pop along to your local dealer and try the same or similar on and see how they fit ... I know bit cheeky but hey never mind lmao

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/11/2011 13:52  

Calm down ladies,

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 01/11/2011 13:56  

Thank you Shell

Ooooo Ragnar, I've had stick about calling these gals "ladies" so you'll be in for a verbal spanking

Update Reply
angelcake71 @ 01/11/2011 14:07  

Sooo...is that sizing a la M&S or a la H&M????

(No idea if I'm a 10,12 or 14 !!!!!)

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 01/11/2011 20:09  

Hi Alice2,
it's mad how there can be a difference from one shop to another regarding there sizes in clothes...

Update Reply
angelcake71 @ 01/11/2011 21:23  

You also need to make sure of the inside leg measurement!!! nothing worse than leathers being to short!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/11/2011 21:35  

Thanks Elliemay I'll definitely make sure I double check that measurements before bidding on any leathers, as I wouldn't want them too short, I'd look silly

Update Reply
angelcake71 @ 01/11/2011 22:29  

One thing angel ... do you want your leathers to go inside your boots or outside ?

that's something that's personal choice, but leathers meant for inside boots don't do well outside & vise versa

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/11/2011 16:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email