MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Police abusing the law(?)

Police abusing the law(?) (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Police abusing the law(?) (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Police abusing the law(?)

Hi JP not wanting to throw the toys I just want to point out a couple of points about your post, like the MCN article we don't have all the facts just that 2 cops got off with a speeding a charge. The fact that they were charged proves that either some of their colleges stopped and charged them or they were caught on camera and reported in both cases they were prosecuted by the CPS and a court let them off when presented with all the evidence. Like yourself these lads are professional drivers and have to constantly keep at the top of their game and it can't always be in an off road facility. It might appear that they got off with it but the fact is they were found not guilty given all the circumstances relating to the incident just like any other case. I like the majority of cops know from experience that unlike the public police officers are normally dealt more seriously by the courts because of the public image. Like every one else I sometimes see stories in the papers and think wtf but after years of hearing different versions of the same event that are nothing like each other I tend to keep a more open mind.

Update Reply
nozz @ 30/10/2011 13:52  

Yes papers do make things out not as thay are but the facts are he was travling at over 80mph though a village and over 100 mph on a single carrageway road ie the A5 then over 140 mph on the M54 all at night. sorry but in no way can he say that was safe

Update Reply
JP @ 30/10/2011 14:29  

Yes JP you and I would not class this as safe and would have been automatically baned. But if you speak to top traffic drivers and instructors their opinion of safe are miles apart from ours and that's why police forces spend thousands on their training. The only question I would have asked were the speeds necessary on this occasion a different perspective from yours and the court was obviously convinced they were. I didn't realise this was just 1 incident and must have been detected by another police vehicle or on board black box which some of them have, which tends to prove that the police do in fact police themselves cont'ry to some thoughts on the matter. We both have different opinions but it always pays to keep an open mind

Update Reply
nozz @ 30/10/2011 15:38  

As you say nozz there will always be diffrent views on any matter hope one day we will sit and go over stuff like this

Update Reply
JP @ 30/10/2011 15:43  

Yes will make an effort next year to get south of the border. But always remember if there was no different opinions there would be no forums and no laughs, so keep the good work up and ride safe.

Update Reply
nozz @ 30/10/2011 16:17  

I would not be a police person for love nor money, their job is way to hard for me to cope with, so respect to you all.

There is good and bad in all walks of life, thats a fact.

And everybody is entitled to an opinion and we should all be able to accept that and not take things as a direct personal insult.

Do i go mad everytime one of you guys moans about 'women drivers' ...

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/10/2011 10:21  

I didn't even know women could drive

Update Reply
JP @ 31/10/2011 10:32  

so how about women lorry drivers, we even have to put up with them

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 31/10/2011 13:07  

woman drivers !!!mind you it is proven they have less accidents,,,thats because they cause them all and drive on oblivious off to work now to hide........................................

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2011 13:23  

keep it up funny boys lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/10/2011 13:39  

There is nothing funny about women drivers as for arming lorry drivers just proves you can if you try really really hard

Update Reply
JP @ 31/10/2011 14:53  

Panorama bbc1 just started - cops behaving badly...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2011 20:32  

XK beat me to it, was gonna say the same.

I was in the police for 6 years myself before moving to Holland and would think I have a good opinion of the police. but I was fuming last year at how a member of my family was treated by the same force I worked for. As a Victim of crime he was made to suffer more by an idiot police officer

But of course I know most cops are decent,I worked with them for years

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/10/2011 20:50  

First a sorry to JP,,,i know you didn't mean it the way i took it,,,been real crap week at work dealing with the sort of crap that sticks in ya head to the point you bring it home with you Thank for the msg i got to but im gunna have to put this down to a bad day at the office and not stepping back but jumping in head first again Sorry

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2011 21:08  

@roughday...

Update Reply
old red @ 31/10/2011 21:29  

hope that means you stopping with us RoughDay

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 31/10/2011 22:50  

Rough day no worrys mate we all have bad days some jobs carry more crap than others. so stick around get to meets and next years rally we need folk like yourself on the site

Update Reply
JP @ 01/11/2011 05:47  

Sounds like you have the right name Roughday lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/11/2011 11:33  

Come along to a meet/rally roughday, you may be pleasantly surprised

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/11/2011 19:50  

Roughday, in our line of work we are always in the public eye, whatever we do will always be under close scrutiny from everybody else and also our own collegues. Just look at how the public opinion changed during the recent riots, had we not been there the situation could still be continuing and I think every decent citizen appreciated that. We are not beyond the law and if an officer is caught breaking the law then they have to accept whatever penalty is handed out. I'm proud to serve the good people of Notts and hope to do so for many more years but should my throttle hand become a little over eager I will take my ticket, fine and points as should we all. I'm sure that the rest of BM members are mature enough to take us as individuals and not judge us as all the same, I've met a lot of people on rallies etc and my career choice has never been an issue.

Update Reply
PeteZZR @ 08/11/2011 19:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email